• 958 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3042 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Creative Plots / Housing

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Mathuu / Mathew, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Hello Mineplex!

I finally have an idea for a new game! This one will be for Java. I think we should add a creative plots / housing game, where players can build their own homes, cities, etc. Here's how it works.

Each new player will be given a certain amount of currency, probably 5,000.

A player will pick any plot as they so desire, and use their currency to purchase the plot.

Once given the plot, the player has every right to build whatever they may so choose, as long as it is not inappropriate.

If players would like more plots to build on, or if they would like to sell their current plot, they can sell their plot for as much as they would like, but the price maximum will be 250,000 or something like that. If they want to buy more plots, they can do so, by typing a command such as /plot buy <number of plot>.

If a player is selling their plot, and a different player would like to buy it, they can do /plot offer <number of plot> <amount>

There is a maximum number of occupying 5 plots at a time.

If the player thinks their build is good, they can submit it to the build team for inspection, so it can possibly be added as a new community map for games.

So far, this is all I have for this. What do you guys think?

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    TheBlueComet and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  2. Heyo!

I have seen ideas for this to be pushed to Java before, however I am somewhat on board with the idea itself. Some concepts of Creative Housing are good, while other parts aren't as good. With that being said, I think the better parts of creative housing are being able to build whatever you want without being under a timer or pressure. Games such as Speed Builders and Master Builders apply a timer and don't allow as much creativity, so I think it would be nice to have a game that branches out from limited building.

For what you suggested, maybe gems can just be used as the currency? Since there isn't too many ways to use gems as of now, it might work better like this instead of a custom currency. For the purchasing plots part, I think it could work off of rank. For example, no rank could be 2-5 plots, ultra can be 3-6 plots, hero can be 7-10 plots, and so forth (somewhere in that range). Every player having 5 plots may be a lot as well, so this may need to be lowered. For the selling aspect, I don't have much of an issue with this, and you should just be able to sell it with gems as well.

I don't think building maps would work too well unless you were able to have world edit, and this probably isn't something that will be accompanied with housing. There are also specific data points that need to be used, so if resources were to be limited, it would just be very difficult to create a map. Map testing for these may also prove to be challenging, so I would say how the system should stay how it is.

Some cons to this idea is as you mentioned, inappropriate buildings. Of course these could be handled, but there would probably need to be a reset plot option for staff members or something like this, or something like this. Besides for this, I'm also not sure how many people would be interested, as well as how much attention it would draw away from small communities like Master Builders. Speed Builders may also see a substantial amount of player base drop, so if this doesn't attraction a lot of attention, it could end up badly.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this game. It could be beneficial, but it also may not turning out well either. I think it is fine on Bedrock as of now since a majority of Java players can get Bedrock or already have it, so I'll leave this at a +0 for now. Good idea though, have a nice day!

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    Gzen and Mathuu / Mathew like this.
  3. Hey there!

As @TooMuchXMas4You said, Creative has been suggested many times before, and it has still not be implemented, and there is a reason for this. I don't know if Mineplex would add Creative as the circumstanes are now . We do have game modes where you can build in Creative, but as a bunch of players has said, it would be a lot more fun to be able to build ANYTHING you want without being under a time pressure. I would like to have Creative on Mineplex because it would be a lot of fun. The question is if Mineplex will implement this.

I am not aware of the reason why this has not been a game yet, so I hope that we will see it in some of the replies here.

Overall, I would like to have Creative on Mineplex with the plot system that you suggested, so I'll be giving this +1!

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    Mathuu / Mathew likes this.
  4. As other users have said above, a creative / housing game is something the server lacks. Although the server has games in creative mode it does not give players the freedom to truly build, and isn’t rather restrictive.

I think this idea would work best with gems as a currency and players would be able Tovar’s use them buy / sell plots and items. Players could set privacy settings for their plots and control different aspects of it.

Good idea!

+1

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    Mathuu / Mathew likes this.
  5. Hey,

This idea sounds really fun and I would definetely use it to build something that I think is cool and then i'd be able to show my friends or whatever. This idea is really similar to -snip-'s mechanic so i'm not too sure how that would work, but either way having this sort of thing could be beneficial to the server and bring the community together in a multitude of ways. I don't think it would necessarily steal any players from any other playerbase such as speed or master builders as these are completely different compared to a free create world. Speed builders offers a time for games in which players are challenged to build faster than their opponents and master builders offers a time for games in which players are challenged to build better than their opponents. This sort of game is just free create.

I do have an issue though. You mentioned that players would be given 5000 of a special currency in which they could use to buy plots. First off, you didn't mention a good way in which players can earn more of this special currency. Players can only sell plots and even then there's a low chance of someone actually buying it. A player would only buy plots for the sake of either bragging (which I don't really see too much of on Mineplex nowadays) or just to get a new empty plot to work on. After this, they wouldn't have an option as to how they could buy plots. Only the amount each initial player is granted will circulate resulting in people hoarding the currency and some players having nothing at all. Your economy is flawed.
    The solution to this as @TooMuchXMas4You stated above is to simply make the main currency of the server gems. If this were the case though, I suggest plot prices to have a maximum of one million gems and a minimum of twenty thousand gems. Some players have around ten million gems at this point and it could be an efficent method to use gems withx rather than donating to a community or something of that nature. A lot of the community is running out of things to do with gems, and so far the only solution is donating to communities which gets old anyway. I don't stay in half the communities I donate to.

I don't really think that players should have unlimited plots either as that could potentially lag the server. Having it so ranked players could purchase more plots than nons would promote buying ranks and more, so I think that should be implemented.

What you said about players having a certain amount of land on each plot could possibly work, though I think it would be better if players had the option to adjust the size? I'm not sure how this would work in terms of having each plot alligned with one another on a singular world, but what I do know is that players won't want to always build on the same amount of land. Say for example they wanted to build somethig smaller. They would have to build something else around their smaller creation to make it look good, and i'm just not so sure about that. The maximum plot size could be 100x100 or maybe even a little bigger.

Overall, i'm gonna give this idea a +1 but I would definetely like to see some of the improvements I mentioned be added. Thanks for your idea!

Posted Oct 23, 2019