• 1813 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10251 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion creative housing or a creative build area for mps

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Sunny / Slash, Aug 24, 2019.

1. on bedrock edition there is creative housing, on java there's only 2 building games and neither really have time for you to add detail. I personally love making detailed fun builds, but my friends always drag me off bedrock edition of minecraft onto mineplex java edition. I just don't have much of an oppurtunity to show creativity on mineplex java so I get bored quickly (and that java pvp is harder than bedrock). I often play bedrock and have no problem and I've made some cool builds in creative housing. I just think that a way for players to build things on mineplex freely would be cool.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  2. I would love to see that be a thing on java as I love building as well

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    CupAWup and Sunny / Slash like this.
  3. Heyo!

I would really like to see this be implemented, as on Master Builders, you only get 5 minutes. On Speed Builders, you are practically copying something.
    Sometimes, I just wanna experiment around, let my imagination run wild. I think this would be really cool being implemented.
    Thank you.
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  4. I would think an MPS build game would be nice. Even just a plots game would be cool.

+1 since it is only creative doesn't require additional content like prison/skyblock/clans

Good luck
    ~Yato

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  5. I personally haven't been on creative housing on bedrock, but I've seen a lot of success in it and I see the value of bringing a new aspect more creative aspect to Java edition. I see the potential for parts of the community to get behind an idea like this, in my opinion, a creative "build" type server doesn't really need a consistent amount of players like a game like CakeWars might need to be enjoyable/playable, you can have just as much fun on a creative build type server with a small group of friends or a large number of players.. so I'm not really worried about "games not filling" like I would normally be for other new gamemodes. For that reason, I don't see why not depending on how much resources it takes I can see this being added in the future. +1 from me

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  6. I would hope it's more than plots, due to the fact sometimes I build things that would be way to big. Plus plots is easy set up and I'm thinking maybe something on an mps where you can build in a certain area of it, or maybe a competition monthly hosted by mineplex where everyone has a build contest server, which I think would be pretty cool. But that's just some extra ideas I came up with after I posted. Plots would work fine I guess since it does give the players more build freedom!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  7. This does sound like a very interesting idea to me. Creative mode/building would be very fun and add some more spark to the Mineplex community. I guess if this were to be added to Mineplex it would probably be plots and be pretty similiar to the housing that the most popular Minecraft server has.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  8. A build area sounds interesting. Some corner/section of the map to freely build for the host and any co-hosts in the lobby. Although it might work better for an MCS for the Eternal's community servers. The MCS is supposed to be higher / have more benefits than an MPS, but aside from the gem bank I don't recall there being any other differences. So it could be a way to set the two aside. Or perhaps give both a free building area but make it larger for the MCS, that way more people would be able to access it on their own while still giving an MCS more appeal since it's more restricted by comparison.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  9. This sounds cool having a creative housing like platform game on Java (Also i think mps hosts/co hosts should have perms to stop the games/give roles/get instant admin role). This game is the reason i still play on Bedrock. +1 on the idea. Also, staff island is the only place staff get infinite building time and not community members.

Plus the main reason i dont like speed builders / master builders is because i like having infinite time and choosing what i want to build.
    --- Post updated ---
    I will just bump this thread since i dont want it to die. Also, i think this should maybe be an independent game.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
    Sunny / Slash likes this.
  10. I agree there should be creative on mineplex
    --- Post updated ---
    It would be fun but they should make it a 1.14.4 creative it has more and better blocks

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Sunny / Slash and CupAWup like this.
  11. I really like this idea.
    I’d love to see a creative type of game on Mineplex java. We have master builders, but you can’t really show too much creativity due to the limited building time. Plus the builds are all obviously temporary.

I’d love to see a housing game where players can continuously work on their build. I personally would enjoy playing it.
    Nice idea c:

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Sunny / Slash and CupAWup like this.
  12. This is a cool idea. Having a plot where one could build anything they want on the server seems like a nice feature to have. I like GuitarHero_King's idea of implementing this only for MCS, as they would give Eternal more value and incentivize players to purchase the rank. Plus, this could be an unlockable feature, which would give gems even more purposes. I can foresee myself as many others using this feature, and I would love to see how this idea turns out.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  13. +1 a building plot area could be a great simple feature that could also add something to the ranks (higher ranks get more space/more members that can join).

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  14. I personally like the idea a lot. Bedrock has creative housing, so it would be awesome if Java had something like that too for people to build whatever they want. I know that pvp games aren’t for everyone, and some people prefer to build casually (which as you mentioned the current building game modes don’t allow you to do) so implementing something to cater to these sorts of people would in my opinion bring in more players!

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  15. Would love something plot based because with games like sb and master builders it's hard to make a really nice build. I think it would be a great idea to add this as I know a lot of people on the server enjoy building and it would be a nice place just to chill.

+1 for me :D

--Echo

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  16. I would love to see something like that! I know -snip- has that and Mineplex should defeinitely add some spinoff of creative housing to Java. Building amazing creations in Mineplex and being able to show them off to your friends and the rest of the server would be really fun.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.