• 255 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6026 Players Online
  • 5771 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Could not connect: Outdated server!

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Games' started by FadingShadowzz_, Mar 9, 2021.

1. I updated my Minecraft to a newer version that was available. Then suddenly I wasn't able to get into Mineplex anymore.It will always say "Could not connect: Outdated server!".

One of my friends did the same thing and they can get into the server without any problems.
    Does someone else have this problem? Or maybe a solution?

Posted Mar 9, 2021
  2. I’m having the same issue on PS4
    I knew it might cause problems but we don’t have a choice on PS4, you must update to play online.

I hope somebody knows a workaround :(

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    FadingShadowzz_ likes this.
  3. I suspect the server doesn't support version 1.16.210 since it was just released a few hours ago, but It should be supported soon, probably within a day or 2.

Posted Mar 9, 2021
  4. The strange is that my friend has the same version. And he can play on Mineplex normally.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2021
  5. Let's hope we can play on Mineplex soon!! Im missing Cake Wars already.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2021
  6. Yea I’m having this issue to.

Posted Mar 9, 2021
  7. Hey! I'm not a bedrock player myself but I can try to help. If you're having difficulty connecting and your friend isn't, try restarting your console. If that doesn't work then unfortunately you will probably need to wait for a bit until Mineplex is compatible with the newest version. I hope this somewhat helped you out.

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.
  8. Im actually playing on Pc myself. I think its just strange that my friend who plays on console can access the server. I tried restart and even reinstalled without succeeding. Thank you still for your help.

Let's hope Mineplex will be updated soon!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2021
    IWantACookiieee and siee like this.
  9. I'm not experiencing any issues.

Posted Mar 9, 2021
  10. I think it’s only on PS4, a friend on PS4 is having the same problem while another on IOS doesn’t

I hope it gets fixed soon

Posted Mar 10, 2021
  11. Its just mineplex not updating as fast a your console/pc. As to why some can and cant, server full issue, lag issue, no servers issue, etc. Prob one of those its happened every update

Posted Mar 10, 2021
  12. It's not only Ps4 I play xbox one and its happening with me to.

Posted Mar 10, 2021
  13. is any mod going to respond or give a target date for this to get fixed?

Posted Mar 10, 2021
  14. I have no clue as to when we could see 1.16.210 support added.

Posted Mar 10, 2021
  15. Welp gyro should make it a priority since a lot of the playerbase is console or PE (myself included), and they have to update the game or it’ll keep quitting and telling the user to update the game, guess I can’t play on MP until support is added. PC players have it easy :(

Posted Mar 10, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.
  16. Mhm. Usually this is fixed after a few days. I and the other 4k players who were on experienced immense lag in games. It took a while to connect, the GUIs had a delay of about 5 seconds, etc.

Posted Mar 10, 2021
  17. Im playing Bedrock on pc and can confirm that I cant connect to the server either. People who have updated their game will no longer be able to access MP.
    Mods have said tho that they will update the server as soon as they can.
    We can only wait.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 10, 2021
    IWantACookiieee and Gil-galad like this.
  18. Hi all,

Most client types for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition will have some tolerance connecting to major servers that are one to two minor versions behind. The reason PS4 is so picky is likely an issue with Sony. Keep in mind that of the major producers of consoles, Sony has always been the most resistant to cross-platform compatibility and whenever they have allowed for it, their implementation is almost always more restrictive than on other platforms. My educated assumption is that that's what's happening now.

Playstation players will likely need to wait for an update to be posted by Mineplex before they can play. However, other platforms should not experience any issues connecting to or playing on Mineplex Bedrock.

As I'm sure you all know, these issues are unrelated to the backend issues Mineplex Bedrock has been having lately. Playstation players' inability to connect to Bedrock is unrelated to network-wide issues moving between servers/lobbies/games and inviting friends to parties.

Posted Mar 10, 2021
  19. Any player who has updates the game shouldn’t be able to connect. (Or if it auto updates like it does on consoles and mobile devices) This is not a PlayStation issue, it is a Mineplex issue. Sony does not come this far into cross platform play. That’s just for the base game. Anyways, PS and Xbox players can connect just fine to the Hive and Cubecraft. PlayStation wouldn’t go out of their way to insure that you can’t connect to only Mineplex. This is because Mineplex has updated to the new hot fix version.

Posted Mar 10, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.
  20. When I was on the staff team, this is the answer that I was given by the Development Manager when a similar issue arose in the past. I'm simply repeating what I've been told.

And, yes, historically Sony has micromanaged cross-platform compatibility. Not specifically to block Mineplex but certainly to introduce incompatibilities with certain cross-version backend methods.

Posted Mar 10, 2021