• 2033 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10471 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Cosmetic] Veteran Tag for Veteran Mineplexians

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by xDarkMega, Sep 12, 2019.

1. This is quite simple. Add in a small chat symbol/tag for Java players that have 100 hours or more of in game time logged. It will appear between their level and rank tags (level and name if no rank if assigned).

As someone who has been loyal to Mineplex for six years, a little recognition would be nice...

...as well as this: a counter in the Stats menu that shows how many Mineplex Events (seasonal or staff hosted) that you have attended and stayed at till the event ended! Hovering over this counter with your mouse would display any seasonal events the player partook and succeeded in.

That is all.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    THELichCA likes this.
  2. These type of threads have been coming up around Mineplex for a while, personally because I've been playing since 2015 I'd love to see a veteran tag or something to show my dedication to the server but to be honest we never know what's going to happen and what's at the top of Mineplex's to-do list. Good idea!

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  3. I’m pretty sure there’s already similar cosmetics to this. For example, there’s a Mineplex Veteran title that you can equip if it’s unlocked! It is a bit different to your suggestion though. Instead of the amount of in game time you’ve accumulated, it’s more centered around all the different games a person has played.

Track - Mineplex Mastery

• Mineplex Initiate - Win at least one game in 10 different Mineplex games
    • Mineplex Veteran - Win at least one game in 20 different Mineplex games
    • % Mineplex Master % - Win at least one game in 30 different Mineplex games

I wouldn’t be opposed to something that would acknowledge those who have been with Mineplex for a while, but I’m hoping there’s a better way. Maybe another title? Or an alteration to the one above? Regardless, I’m not for or against this to be honest.

With the alteration to the track listed above, my idea would essentially change it in its entirety. It would keep the title names the same but make it so it’s based on days instead of games. That’s just going off of your idea though. I’d personally want to keep it the same.

Overall I’d go with a +0 for this, I’m definitely on the fence about this.

I totally didn’t forgot about the other half of your idea ah haha. I don’t think it would be a great or even possible idea to add an event counter system thing. I’m not sure if there’s an actual way to see how many events someone has attended, especially since the event server in general was down for quite a while. I don’t work with coding but from my experience that’d by either impossible or extremely hard/time-consuming to add such a feature.

So I’d go with a -1 for that one ^

I’d love to see what others have to say ~

Posted Sep 12, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 12, 2019
  4. I first started playing Mineplex back in 2013 and I don't have a rank so I feel that the veteran rank would give us some sort of pride for the server, awesome idea hopefully everyone else agrees!

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  5. Hey!

I think this is a cool idea. It would be cool to see this for "veterans" of Mineplex, people who have been playing since or near when Mineplex came out for multiplayer. Like @24OO has stated, there are already things that are similar to what you have said in Mineplex. These are titles, which for Mineplex Veteran, you need to win 20 different games on Mineplex. But, this still would be cool to see added. I have some changes that I thought of that you might like:

I think instead of having 100 hours of in game time,it should be either more or it should track if you actually played back then (Not sure if Mineplex can do that). If they cannot do this, then I would suggest more play time to show that you actually play Mineplex, and you enjoy playing on the server. For seeing how many events you've been in, while staying throughout the whole event would be a cool feature to see added. Again, not sure if Mineplex can track past events including towards this. I do agree with 24OO that the title for Mineplex Veteran should be changed to just in game time if that were to be added.Titles are still a good way to show others what you have done and how long you have done it on Mineplex. Overall, this is a good idea, so I will give it a +1 because I don't really see any big problems adding this, and this could be modified (changed) to make it even better. Thank you for suggesting this idea!

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    24OO likes this.
  6. Hey there!

This idea does intrigue me, as our long-time players being recognized with a cosmetic of sorts would be nice. However, I do believe the idea could be altered in a way to further improve upon the realism. If this were to be implemented, a symbol next to their name in chat is not the best way to go, in my opinion. I believe a simple title, such as the above mentioned Mineplex Veteran, a pet, or possibly a mount would be a more suffice way of rewarding our older players.

I do agree with you that there should be a requirement rather than first logging in 5 years ago, but I do not believe hours counted would be the correct way to handle it. A player can simply boost their time on the server by sitting in lobbies or such for a grind toward the incentive. A more efficient way in the implementation could be to reward players for activity strictly in games on the server, rather than total in-game time, or games played as rewarded by our current Mineplex Veteran title.

I disagree with the idea of adding an "Events Attended" counter. Although this seems cool, it is not necessary and would be difficult to properly track the amount of events you attend, especially when, if according to your idea, you must wait until the end of the event.

All in all, both ideas strike is interesting, but I believe it is too much of a hassle to implement at this current time as there are more important things to tend to, and there would have to be a few changes in regards to your original posts prior to if this idea were featured in a future update.

Thanks for reading!

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  7. Hey there!
    Your idea definitely spikes up a lot of interest and as a veteran myself of some sorts, I wouldn't mind earning some recognition. I think though in the end, it isn't about how long players have been on the server but rather recognision should be given to active members of the community and I find that this is already happening. Your suggestion though is great but I've already seen areas where players are noticed for their long-term activity and it is in fact mostly through /stats as you have suggested.

Recognition for time commited to the server is definitely a great option but I feel as if this is hard to include and would probably be a little confusing. I think that on the forums even, having some logo wouldn't really make a difference and I'd say that it's more of a reputation that you hold that really introduces that veteran-inity. I've recognised many old members that I've known since 2013-2015 and still see them around here. I think it's definitely a matter of reputation and just getting to know others.

Regarding your other suggestions on your post, I've already seen both your ideas in game. The event system is already in place with the holiday achievements option featured in /stats. I think that right now that's the best way of really showing how much of an active member you are since 2013. As said above as well, there's also a Mineplex Mastery title track that gives you a title of "Mineplex Veteran" that may be an unofficial way to really show off your time here.

[​IMG]

Overall, I think that your idea is actually sort of in play through smaller ways and I don't think really showing off who's been here for a long time is necessary. It would be a nice QoL feature but I'm more interested to see what's on your mind and how you think it should be added in a new, surprising way. Chat is a little crowded right now so maybe another way of showing how long you've been playing for? [​IMG]

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  8. I think this is a pretty unique idea. I've been playing since 2014 which isn't as long as others, but I'm proud that I was able to join around that time. The thing is, to newer players, they may find it unfair that they aren't able to receive something because they weren't able to join a while ago.

Maybe instead, mineplex could have a description for players when you hover over their name telling their in-game time, their first login, etc. I feel that could be better instead of a symbol in chat. Overall, I do like the idea of displaying the time that some players have put in the server and I do agree it deserves some sort of recognition.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  9. I’m pretty sure we probably should need to have our own Veteran tag in-game. This may recognize most of the players who’d been on Mineplex the longest just like me. Although, it’s just really a tag after all. Maybe this idea sounds useful to me, and I don’t mind to have it implement on the server. My only concerns is that how are we going to tell who’s been the longest? Back in the old day, I was awarded on the forums, “Mineplex Veteran” because I’d been a member for a year way back on Enjin. Having a Veteran tag shows me that I’d become a well-known member a long time and my journey. 0

I’d disagree with tracking the number of times you attended the Mineplex Event. As an Event Assistance, I don’t track how many times did the majority of the players attending the event. All what I matters is to have fun overall. I don’t think it’d be necessary to implement the tracking the attendance for the events. -1

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  10. Interesting, however I would have to say that having 100 hours on Mineplex definitely does not make you a "Veteran", I think the requirements should be higher and would need to be changed.
    Perhaps after a certain amount of hours has been passed, it displays your hours in-game over your head, or something along those lines. As for the event thing, I think it would be a nice addition. +1

Posted Sep 14, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 15, 2019
  11. Bruh I have 100 days...

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  12. >veteran
    ok, i've been playing for an absurd amount of time, sounds pretty cool to get some block game clout for it
    >100 hours
    i believe we have very different definitions of the word "veteran"

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Heaty likes this.
  13. Hello,
    I do not think that there should be a title for having a certain amount of time or having logged in however long ago. This is because these titles would not be achievable for all players. In addition, there is already a title track that includes Mineplex Veteran, so having another with this name or replacing it would cause some issues with those who use that track. For the events tracking, that could be cool, but it wouldn't be very useful so it shouldn't be a priority at the moment development wise. Thanks for suggesting these, its a -1 from me.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  14. In addition to this, some longtime players (like myself) don't have 100+ hours. This might be due to mostly hanging around MPS's or the lobby.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  15. Hey!

As someone who has been playing on Mineplex since 2014, I would love to see a tag like this come out! I do think however that this could become an actual title, such as the trackable ones in the book. I'm not positive, but if Mineplex could track the first time you logged in, and then if it were within a year or so from when they first launched, a title in the book would become available. The only problem is, there's already a title called "Mineplex Veteran", so you would need to think of a name that captures the meaning of the title, and also reflects the meaning of the title. Overall I like the idea and would love to see it be implemented!

~Nick

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Heaty likes this.
  16. I'm not really sure how a veteran tag would work. Don't really know how we'd track it honestly. I mean yeah based on in-game time, but how would we prove a person just doesn't afk half of their games to gain in-game time? I know afk timers kick you, but like what would prevent you from being afk and coming back to just avoid being kicked? As well as the reasoning other replies have provided, I'm just not too sure on how we'd go about this.
    Also, a events counter thing wouldn't really work because events do not get ingame time and I'm not sure how else it would be tracked. Maybe manually, which would be hard. If you'd like to brag feel free to just make an image album with screenshots from every event you've been to and link it in your signature or something? or just keep track of it in there. I don't know, it'd be cool but not really likely to happen.

Posted Sep 16, 2019