• 545 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8983 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Corrupted Lands

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAWup, Oct 6, 2019.

1. I have made up a game idea called Corrupted Souls which I hope can get implemented.

Important Things:

- 16 Players
    -Nobody can view gametag of one another. Also, everyone on tab is blue. Names will show there but won't be showing in the game to prevent people from calling out the corrupted soul leaders/
    - Everyone looks the same.
    -The map can be like a city-based map maybe.
    - Kit levels exist.
    - Leaders have 30 health for the first part of game and at the end, 140 health since they’re outnumbered. They also have a compass that only tracks down the other leader.
    - Everyone has a ninja skin (If requiring a resource p., then a creeper skin but with a title showing their kit) so nobody will shout who is the leader with giving a brief description of their mc skin.
    - Lightning will strike every 5 minutes to show who the leaders are.

How the Killers work:
    Killers must kill the mobs (Aka corrupted souls). They must also do this without getting killed by an anonymous leader.

How the Corrupted Soul Leaders Work:
    These people must fight without getting killed by players. They have to kill the Killers while defending their people.

Kit Upgrades:
    Kit upgrades will give tiny buffs to your kits with a tiny health boost and will strengthen abilities, and will give around 10% more XP, and I think it would be cool to have a currency specifically designed for the server and can be earnt through playing the game. You can also upgrade 10 times. Evolution will happen later on when done upgrading, which is a prestige thing that gives your kit a better ability.

Possible Description of the Game:
    Being fed up with the corrupted souls haunting your world, you plan a raid on them. You unite and call yourself the "Killers." All but 2 people are a true killer, but instead the leaders of the Corrupted Souls. You must fight all the mobs in this world within 7 1/2 minutes (I think there should be around 300 mobs). Lightning will strike on the Leaders 5 minutes of the first part. After the mobs are killed, then there will be a death match which lasts up to 3 minutes, and means the leaders wins if they aren’t killed or the Defenders die.

After the Mobs are killed.
    When the mobs are killed, leaders can no longer respawn. Everybodys gametag will be shown and you can also distinguish between the leaders and Killers. Leaders will instantly regenerate, and will get spiked to 70 hearts since theyre outnumbered 7 to 1.

Achievements:
    I am not sure what to put for rewards.

1. Killer: Kill 250 mobs in a game.
    2. Superhuman: Kill the leader 3 times in a game.

Staff:
    Staff can view players usernames with /moderate or a thing in hot bar which shows username when clicking players. Also, players can’t right click compasses but staff can to prevent ghosting. Added from what @Oscaros said.

I am putting this in a spoiler since I am going to try and put up a long list. Every upgrade will have a health boost (half a heart every 2 levels) and give 10% more XP.

Armor:
    Red Leather Dyed Helmet
    Gold chestplate, leggings, boots.

Ability: Cannon: Shoot out 3 pieces of TNT each doing 4 damage.

Upgrades will increase TNT damage by 0.5 every 2 levels (Max level will do 6.25 damage).

Getting this idea from the Cripple kit from Death Tag, I think it can be added here.
    Armor: Black leather dyed Helmet, Chainmail Chestplate, leggings, and Iron boots.

Special Ability: Cripple: This will give anyone 2 blocks around you Blindness for 0.5 seconds, Slowness 1 for 3 seconds, and Poison 2 for 2 seconds.

Upgrades will increase cripple length (only for slowness) for 0.5 seconds every level (max is 8-second slowness) but in exchange will reduce Poison 2 length by 0.2 seconds every level.

Armor: Iron Helmet, White dyed chestplate (leather), iron leggings, gold boots.

Passive: Permanent Speed 1
    Ability: Light Speed: Will give Speed 5 for 5 seconds.

Armor: Cyan dyed leather Helmet, Iron chestplate, Diamond leggings, Gold boots.

Ability: GWEN: Will summon 4 guardians who will give lasers to anyone 5 blocks near them, dealing them 1.5 damage a second, and each guardian lasting 10 seconds. The guardians have to charge their lasers though which takes 1 seconds, and they have to recharge when they stop lasering.

Posted Oct 6, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 13, 2019 at 12:24 PM
  2. Hey!
    I think this a cool game concept! However, 15 minutes might be a little long for a small portion of the Mineplex playerbase. However, it should be fine for most of the players on Mineplex. Also, maybe the amount of Health could be debatable but not entirely sure what I would argue in this situation. Anyways, this sounds like a very cool game and hopefully the Mineplex developing team will add it in over the Halloween holidays this year!
    Have a good day!

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  3. I shortened the game so its half as long, while reducing the mobs needed to kill. I have also elaborated on the game. Health for the leaders has been shortened 60, since nobody knows you are a leader, plus you are outnumbered 7 to 1.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 7, 2019
  4. This is a nice and fresh game concept, I like the idea of it, one thing I would want is to address some issues I may see and re-iterate this is quite similar to some other games, it's quite a dry template that it's themed around!

How will we make sure staff can identify hackers and rulebreakers in this game if no one can see anyone else's Gamertag, bare in mind if you let staff see people's names while playing it kinda defeats the point of the game.

Will these just be chosen like an Alpha Chaser in Death Tag, or will people vote on them or choose to be them, how will this work?
    be
    Additionally, this game might become a bit boring, it hasn't got much opportunity to play out in much variety and considering 15 whole minutes sounds quite a long time for a game like this, I'm not sure how it would go. Anyways, I like the idea, I'm going to give 0. Maybe you could expand the idea a bit more?​

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  5. 1. I will add that staff now excluding any positions non-related to moderation and YT people (to warn for targeting) can view gametags, and I am not sure how to fix this. Maybe a /moderate command which show gametags can fix it I guess but that would again ruin the point of the game not mentioning a few staff will proabbly abuse even when they probably should know better, or maybe the name of a player. I also think in vanish or spectating a game, you can view gametags (only staff). Also, only staff can right click compasses while players cant

2. I think it should randomly choose, but you should be able to vote for roles, to have a chance on having the role you want.

3. I turned it down to 7 1/2 minutes.
    --- Post updated ---
    bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 6:06 PM,
    Last edited Oct 7, 2019
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  6. Hey!

I really like the concept of this idea, and I think that this could be a fun game! However, I've got some suggestions :

Every 5 minutes? Maybe that's too much, and it would be too easy to who the leaders is. Maybe every 10 minutes or so?

And also, how many leaders will there be? I think that it should be like 1/4 or 1/5 of all the players that are playing maybe?

But overall, it sounds like a cool game, but I need details about the game to see the whole picture.

Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 11:37 AM
    CupAWup likes this.
  7. The lightning is for the first part of the game, and it’s only 7 1/2 mins. Plus you can easily lose a leaders location if the area is crowded / too far from the place.

Also, no offense, but if you read closely, then you would have seen it said 2 leaders (if I forgot to add this correct me I haven’t viewed the thread in a long time).

Edit: It is there, when it says all but 2 people are a killer (all people look like a Killer since gametags are invisible for community), but instead a leader in the description.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 12:27 PM
  8. I see I see, my bad. Read through your thread too fast I guess :P But isn't two leaders kinda low? I feel like having three or four would be better. Many players would probably like to be a leader, so I think having a few more wouldn't be so bad. I'd go with three maybe

Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 12:31 PM
  9. Alright, there will be 4 leaders but since they’re outnumbered 1-3, they have less health than before in the end.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 2:40 PM
  10. Heyo!

This game seems very cool, however I there are a few issues I will bring up to you about this.

Important things
    The game in itself sounds like a cool concept, but it seems exactly like Sneaky Assassins and Death Tag. Both of these games are very cool and fun to play, however this just seems like a mix of the two but dragged out, and with a few extra slight changes. I'm not sure how many people would play this game, but maybe it could be put under MIN. Also, the Ninja skin would be possible since MOBA/HOG had this in their games, as well as many other skins. For your names, I don't like the idea behind this since as Oscaros mentioned it would be difficult for the staff members, and it doesn't seem like it is needed. Maybe the chat can be silenced throughout the game, to avoid players calling out. Also for your kit leveling idea, I don't think this would be a good idea either. Sky Wars had this originally but it didn't work out too well, and I don't think this game would need kit leveling either. Finally, the time for lightning strikes seems a bit excessive, so maybe reducing it down to a minute-two and a half minutes would be a better time.

The game itself
    The game seems pretty cool, but also boring at the same time (not trying to be rude). This is basically a PvE game, but with a unique twist. Like I said earlier, this also sounds like sneaky assassins, so I am not sure how players would feel about this game. The leaders and killers sound like a murder mystery type game, which has been denied in the past before I believe (or received a lot of negativity). I think gameplay wise the leaders already seem really overpowered, as it is two on fourteen, excluding the mobs. Maybe balancing the teams out more or making the killers more overpowered would help the game out a little bit as well.

Kits
    Before I talk about the kits, something confusing is what team these would be for? Would they be available for whatever team you're on, or are these exclusive to one team? I think the killers should get better kits, while leaders get less overpowered kits. Maybe killers could get more defense, offense, and health wise kits, while leaders can get interesting abilities and things like that.
    For cannon, this kit seems really overpowered. Even if kit leveling were to be for this game, one piece of TNT doing almost half of your health seems like too much. This would have to be either really delayed or lowered in damage, and how long would the cooldown be on this?
    For Cripple, this kit also seems very overpowered. You have to keep in mind not only does blindness make it so you can't see, you also can't sprint. With poison as well, this would just make it really unfair. If this were put for one certain team, you would easily be able to figure out which team they are on as well. Also, I'm not sure if 0.5 seconds is possible for a Minecraft effect either, so this would either have to be bumped up to one second or higher, or completely be removed. Also, how long would the cooldown be on this?
    For Speedster, this one seems really underpowered compared to all of the kits. If you were to run next to a Cripple, this would not be fair at all sense you would then be slowed and not be able to sprint either. It kind of takes the point away from the kit, and it also seems very underpowered. Maybe adding more to the kit than just speed would help it out, but as of now I think it would be too underpowered.
    For Guardians, this one seems alright when it comes to balancing. Although guardians jump around really quickly, maybe it can be set so if they don't lock onto somebody within the next 3 seconds of throwing, this wouldn't work. The timing should definitely be changed, as it can be as overpowered as the TNT ability, but overall this one seems alright.

I like the ideas you've brought to this game, however I just don't see it working out. I'll leave this at a -1 for now, as I'm not so sure how appealing this game will be, or how well it will work out. Nice idea though, have a nice day!

Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 6:44 PM
  11. Hello there!

I do think this is a rather interesting game idea. I like all the examples you made that could make it harder for people to find ways to "cheat" the game. I did feel like it showed some similarity to sneaky assassins at some points, however, once I re-read it, I think there is also a whole lot of things that completely set them both apart. Overall a cool game idea that I think could make a nice addition to Mineplex if it was developed a bit more.

Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 6:59 PM
    CupAWup likes this.