• 1127 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7110 Players Online
  • 5983 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Coronavirus = More Players

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Ender07, Mar 21, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you agree that Mineplex should take this opportunity?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2020.
  1. Yes

84.4%
  2. No

15.6%
  1. Recently theres been a massive increase in the amount of players playing servers Because of corona virus. Some servers unrelated to Mineplex have been having around 20,000 People.
    Id recommend that now is the time to implement new features, update maps, new games, bug fixes. Whatever you can do too make the server better. With the amount of people playing at the moment, you can ‘lock’ in new players And get them onto Mineplex.
    I can see you’ve all ready done a little bit of this with sky-block, but thats just one thing. You have a massive opportunity here. Take it.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  2. Hey!

Sadly, new updates and features do take time to implement. It would be great to see a bunch of new features out of this break, but just because the players have a lot of extra free time, doesn't mean that the developers do. They also have lives, and they work very hard. But yes, it would be great to see a bunch of features, stay tuned;)

Posted Mar 21, 2020
    fxolan, NoHaxJustCats_ and WowTamman like this.
  3. Yes, I personally think Mineplex should take advantage of this time. Most people are probably or almost definitely under quarantine due to the Coronavirus. But it would mean a lot of work for the coders, builders, etc. that work for Mineplex.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  4. LOL! It is true that the only REAL reason Mineplex has more players, like a LOT more players is because of the corona virus. Anyways your suggestion is nice in theory but basically impossible in practice.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
    WowTamman likes this.
  5. Like stated above it takes a while to implement different things into the game. If they have changes ready maybe they should implement them now. But they will have a lot of players for a while now. Now that schools are canceling for the rest of the year (like my school) that gives us minecraft players tons of time to do whatever we want. Then once summer hits I expect a big surge of new players joining and people becoming more active. So even if they are getting a lot of players now I believe they should focus on making changes in the future for the summer when there will be tons of people online.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  6. I thin they should implement changes now, because COVID-19 isn't going away anytime soon, same with schools opening. I know it takes time, and I appreciate what the DEVS have done for this server, but there is time for change, not saying I don't like this server, I LOVE this server, and yes, the player count increase surprised me as well. I never imagined seeing 10k players (On Bedrock) in March!!

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  7. Hey!

While our player count has significantly increased and taking advantage of this by releasing new updates would be beneficial, it's just unrealistic. Developers have been working hard all year round no matter what the player count was looking like, and they can't just suddenly speed up their production rate just because there has been a rise in the player count. Developer resources and cost has stayed the same despite the surge in players, so it's unrealistic to expect that they can push out updates faster than they have previously.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  8. I was about to make a post about this and I totally agree. This is a chance for a revival of the server if they keep adding things. More people at home = more people bored = more people playing MC = more people playing mineplex

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    WowTamman likes this.
  9. I agree that Mineplex should take advantage of this time and try to convince the newfound population to stay, however, updates take time to implement, they certainly can't rush them just because of some extra people. If they rush the updates out they could turn out bad and unfinished, which could cause the players to leave. However, the QA team, Developers, etc) have worked extremely hard to get the latest SG and Bridges updates out in quick and impressive fashion, and the build team has done the same with map updates. It's great to see new updates being pushed out, but in the end, these take time and the process will not be changed. However, I do agree that mineplex should take advantage of the growing population.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    Kvira and WowTamman like this.
  10. Yeah! I agree, there has been a large increase of players, Mineplex should take this chance and improve the server.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  11. I agree with the OP about this, and it's true that people will have more time now and more people are playing Mineplex, but we need to see past this. I'm not trying to scare people, but people are becoming seriously ill and dying from Coronavirus, it shouldn't just be seen as a good business plan for Mineplex. This isn't to say that Mineplex shouldn't benefit from it, but let's not make it sound like the Coronavirus is a good thing.

Sorry to sound all doom and gloom, I just thought I should say it.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  12. Ey!
    Personally I don't think this would work out. Sure it's trying to get the server to grow, but this seems quite a selfish act. Most likely, people will be worrying about the virus instead of playing on a minecraft server, however there are still a lot of people playing minecraft. Also, @Crazyy_Tim made some really good factors about your theory. Developers are trying a lot to make the player count rise and it's really just a try & see act. While nice in the statement, it's going to be really unrealistic and this lacks sense.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  13. Absolutely! With the recent increase in the player count, I think that this would be a smart thing to do for the Bedrock community. Large amounts of players have more free time and would benefit from bug fixes and new features. It could help take their mind off the pandemic as well.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  14. Player count is booming. Mineplex should take this opportunity. How? By opening sub-teams like Idea and Builder. This will speed up the process. Even though it is hard to implement new features, we could add new maps, or even a Quarantine game! PS: If somebody has an idea for a Quarantine gamemode please send me a link.
    party

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  15. but means more kids will be hacking so not good :c

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  16. true, but trainee/mod/sr mod will protect us from them.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  17. true but some not online most of the time

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  18. This is a great chance for Mineplex, they should use it!!!

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  19. agree

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    WowTamman likes this.
  20. Well, feel free to report any hackers at Mineplex.com/reports and the Reports Patrol will try their best to help you ASAP!

And remember, in these unprecedented times, stay safe and be kind to others!

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.