• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6266 Players Online
  • 3376 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cool-down for Leap in One In the Quiver

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by LT Tombstone 77, Jan 8, 2020.

?

Should the Leap ability have a cool-down?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Alright, so whenever I play One In The Quiver, I’ve come across a rather annoying issue. And it’s with the Leaper kit. I know, some people may like the Leap just the way it is, but it can cause aggravating problems. I always find myself chasing after a player who is constantly “Leap-spamming”, for lack of a better word, and become difficult to hit. I find this very frustrating, as the aspect of the game isn’t necessarily to run away, and I know the Leap is in the kit for a reason, so I’m not suggesting to take the whole kit away, but just maybe put a time-out/cool-down on the Leap. It would prevent people from spamming the item and making them a harder target to hit. I think this would make the game go a lot smoothly, and prevent further aggravations. Don’t get me wrong, I love the game, but I think that simple alteration could make it a lot better. Perhaps a 5 or 10 second cool-down would be good, as I only really find myself using the Leap limited amounts of times. I’d like to hear what everyone else thinks!

Just to clarify~ I’m talking about Bedrock; I don’t really know if this is on the Java version, but if it doesn’t have it, I guess maybe Java could use it too.

Thanks for considering,
    ~LT

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    WowTamman likes this.
  2. Hi, I totally agree with this thread! It is very annoying when someone is spamming the leap, making them hard to hit. It often costs lots of time to chase them down, and I find myself moving on to an easier target, however it is just plain frustrating when someone does it. Especially when right after they revive they turn around and shoot you when you’re close up, because you’ve been trying to catch them. Usually, I only find myself using the leap when there are no players around me, and I use the leap to move around faster, while I am tracking down players to kill. I think the cool down on the leap would be very convenient, and I would love to see this implemented, however, I’m sure some people could disagree with me here, and I would love to see what everyone has to say about this idea! +1

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  3. Hello!

Although I see your point with this idea, the leap provides little advantage whatsoever. Bows, being ranged weapons, allow someone to hit anyone as long as they have line-of-sight. Additionally, One in the Quiver is a one-shot-one kill game meaning that if your shot land, it's guaranteed to kill the person you're aiming for. My point in bringing these two things up is that granted the person who is playing has the skill they can definitely shoot the person even if they run. Also, running isn't feasible for long as they might encounter other players that can kill them with ease.

The leap in OITQ provides a different way to move in a game that is focused heavily on combat, and I feel like it definitely is balanced with the other features. At most, I could only see a cool-down of something in the ballpark of 2 seconds being applied to this ability, but I don't think that one is needed at all. Although it can be annoying, like I said above there are plenty of opportunities to kill a player even if they are running.

Good idea though! Have a good evening!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRekted like this.
  4. Bedrock edition:
    Bedrock (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong) still has all of the gigantic maps that were removed years ago on java edition because they were too big. Finding players is already a problem on these maps even with no leap cooldown, so adding a monstrous cooldown will do nothing but drag out the games.

Java edition:
    I understand your frustration on Bedrock but this proposal is the exact opposite of what the java community wants to see. The current gameplay style relies on unlimited use of the leap on jumper kit and without it, it would completely change the style of the game with no regard for those who are long time players of the game.

Overall, I appreciate the motivation to help improve the game but this is definitely a major step back instead of a step forward, it's going to be a -1 from me.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  5. Hi there!

As a OITQ player I don't agree with this idea.

I believe the kit is perfectly ok. I see where you're coming from and I admit it is quite annoying to see someone just spamming around the lobby with jumper kit but that's the main point of the kit. If you were to add a cooldown to this kit it would completely ruin it and just destroy the kit completely and almost nobody would use it. This kit has it's advantage just like all of the other kits. For example, Jumper and Brawler. Jumpers advantage is to leap around, if you're Brawler you don't have your leap but you do more damage making it, it's main advantage, if you were to put a cooldown on the leap how long would it be? Say it was about 5 seconds, in those 5 seconds it's like you have no kit on because you have no advantages within those 5 seconds. I don't see this happening because I believe this would just completely ruin the kit. I am thankful for your suggestion though! Sadly I'll be giving this a -1 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 9, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.