• 265 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6531 Players Online
  • 6266 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Content Creators

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Porkay, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Yesterday, I logged on to Mineplex and saw that there were only 400 players online. Today I logged on, and there were only around 250 players. Seeing this server go from 40,000 players to 250 players made me wonder deeply why and how this server declined so much. One factor I believe led to the dramatic downfall of this server was the lack of content creators. At its peak, Mineplex had very respected content creators making videos on the server. Some examples include CaptainSparklez, DanTDM, ParkerGames, Stampylonghead, etc. Servers like hypixel have tons of content creators ranging from very small to very big YouTubers and it has helped out the server enormously. Therefore, Mineplex should be very focused on bringing in new content creators. You can try to push out new updates and games all you want but without someone with a platform exposing the server to the rest of the Minecraft community, this server is never going to grow substantially. It's been over 4 years since I saw a mineplex video on my youtube homepage and even If I search some up they are all from years ago and the recent ones barely get any views. It's been years since I even saw a youtube rank on the server. I don't think it's possible to get very big YouTubers to come over quite yet but this server has to start somewhere, and it should encourage content creation a lot more before the server completely dies out.

Posted Oct 12, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  2. Hi there,

The staff team (including leadership) is aware of the issue regarding Youtubers /content creators. What I've heard said is that bigger Youtubers/Streamers would not want to play Mineplex because of its low player count. If the games don't start its hard to make a video where you are playing games.

From my perspective, if new updates/fixes/and games can bring more/new players to Mineplex, there could be a chance that larger youtubers would want to make a video of playing on Mineplex. I think there needs to be an appeal for them to make videos on the server.

As for the Official Mineplex Youtube channel, the Owners do not allow the Social Media team to use the channel, but defek7 recently stated that he would like the Social Media team to try out the youtube channel for a bit, but go to Tiktok(?) if that is unsuccessful. One of the reasons I'm doubtful the youtube channel would really help is that I believe a lot of the subscribers are old subscribers who don't actually watch the channel (after all there are no new videos). If the channel starts putting out new content theres no knowing how many of those older subscribers would come back to watch videos. Theres also no knowing how helpful it would be if the subscribers are old players who no longer play on the server.

Posted Oct 12, 2021
  3. That would bring me to another point. Mineplex can't expect to grow with what they've been doing. They need to try out new things because what they've been doing obviously hasn't worked. They need more competitive games to call over more competitive players. Something that Hypixel has done well, while also making it a good experience for casuals.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2021
  4. Like another form of advertisement, content crewtors would only be useful when mineplex is in a good state. (Meaning about a year if timmi keeps up the bug fixes and we possibly get an anticheat upgrade)

Posted Oct 12, 2021
  5. That's a good point,

But what I think the server needs is Jacoby Brisket, that guy is the undisputed GOAT and would definitely bring back thousands of players simply because of his leadership and skills.

Posted Oct 13, 2021
  6. Emily (EmmaLie) stated that she does not want to do much with the youtube channel because of how saturated Minecraft content is on YT right now. TikTok is something they they want to try out though. (Either this changed or she hasn't changed her mind)

Posted Oct 13, 2021
  7. ...but with minecraft as a whole being super popular currently doesnt that mean youtube audiences are more likely to be receptive rn?

Posted Oct 13, 2021
  8. Sir the anticheat has been upgraded recently

Posted Oct 13, 2021
    StyxKiller03 and dutty like this.
  9. How do you know?
    …java has an anticheat dev he just doesn’t do anything rn.

Posted Oct 13, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  10. Just the content I assume she means, such as "Minecraft but..." videos. I agree they should be doing things on youtube but at the end of the day it's up to her.

Posted Oct 13, 2021
  11. I don't know the exact video he said it in, because I was told he said it on one of his streams. If you want to sit through his streams and sift for the information his channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/c/defek7. He mentions mineplex on some of the more recent streams.

Posted Oct 13, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  12. It has?

Posted Oct 13, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  13. I make Mineplex Content, but I understand where you come from. Right now Java seems to be less active. I make Bedrock content on the server and it’s very enjoyable.

Posted Oct 13, 2021
  14. Yeah I was talking about Java I do not know much about bedrock

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 17, 2021 at 12:25 AM
    AbleToStrafe likes this.