• 643 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3222 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Content Creator Of The Week

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Vytas, Feb 5, 2020.

1. There are some amazing content creators that work very hard to put out great Mineplex content and I think they deserve more recognition. Each week the Content Creator Council (CCC) will nominate around 5 content creators and then community members will get to vote between the 5. The winner will have their video featured on the homepage until the next week when a new video is selected and possibly give them a tag on the forums.

Posted Feb 5, 2020
    _Prof_, SpitefulNick and 510bike like this.
  2. I feel like this is a great idea and could lead for more mineplex content to be uploaded on youtube :D
    hope this gets accepted

Posted Feb 5, 2020
  3. I wouldn’t mind seeing something like this added. I think it would be nice if the community were able to vote on something like this, especially since MOTM and SOTM are decided by the administration team.
    I will say that I think choosing a new person for the award each week is a bit too much. Given the number of content creators, it wouldn’t be long before everyone received the reward, or people may repeatedly receive the reward. Maybe it could be a monthly thing instead.
    Those are my thoughts, I think the idea would need a little bit of adjusting, but I like the overall idea!

Posted Feb 5, 2020
    Worpp likes this.
  4. I quite like the idea your presenting here. Not only would this give recognition to some of our hard working content creators, it can also lead to more content creators posting content on Mineplex. However, I think 5 is a bit too much; it would get repetitive over time and I see players getting somewhat not interested in the long run, so instead of 5 a week, I’d suggest 2 a month. This gives a chance to some content creators that don’t upload videos as frequent as others and it won’t get as repetitive compared to if it was weekly. Overall, I love the idea your presenting here and would give the idea a +1!

Posted Feb 5, 2020
    Glamourized likes this.
  5. Yes please...... If theres a bedrock one than yes. I swear no one consistently makes mineplex content on bedrock anymore sadly ):

Posted Feb 5, 2020
  6. I would totally be down for some content creator appreciation. Maybe instead of making it so that only members of the official Content Creator program could be recognized, we changed it so that players who post in the YouTube Video Showcase section on the forums has a chance to get picked for this? I would give players on the forums a little more incentive to share their posts and could help bring the community together.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
    Fallen™, Glamourized and Sickle like this.
  7. Hey!

I would personally really like to see this implemented. I think that active content creators should get the recognition that they deserve. It will also hopefully encourage other content creators to keep posting content on Mineplex more actively. However, as others have said, I think that having one every week is way too frequent. Considering the relatively low count of people uploading content on Mineplex I'm sure we will run out of content creators to feature pretty quickly if we give out the award on a weekly basis. I think a month would be a perfect amount of time, like with MOTM and SOTM. Overall, this is a great idea and I hope to see it implemented!

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  8. Hey! I like the sound of this idea. It's a simple but fun change. If this was added it would reward content creators that work hard on their work. Personally, I think this may lead to more content creators coming onto Mineplex. However, there aren't too many content creators on Mineplex which is an issue. Perhaps like jxcb said instead of just creators maybe creators/community? I'm also going to agree that every week is WAYY to often. Personally, if this was going to happen more than 1 time a month maybe every two weeks? But, I think monthly would work out the best.

Overall, I like the sound of the idea. With the changes I've said above I will agree with adding this. I hope this will be implemented in the future.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  9. I vibe with this idea, but as many have already said, there aren't a lot of content creators on Mineplex currently, so making this a rarer occasion would be better. In the future, if this is successful (and more creators do start emerging), I think this would be a nice way to even promote non-YT ranked players who aspire to create Mineplex-based content. In addition, Mineplex should definitely utilize their own official channel to share some clips of these youtubers, but that can be a bit of a stretch.

I still like the general idea overall, only issue being the number of youtubers would make this idea a little harder to execute.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  10. Heyo!
    I think this idea could be fun! I don't see anything wrong with this being added. But there are many people who have addressed the major downfall of this idea; There aren't many content creators for mineplex. Sure there is Mineplex Games, and @DivinePegasi and more. But this amount isn't sufficient enough for a weekly event. I know many people that want to be content creator, but unfortunately don't meet the expectations, even though their content is quality. To jump into another bit of your idea, I think 5 is a bit too much. Like I stated before, it would be hard to do this. There aren't a lot of Content Creators and it would be hard for the CCC to choose different content creators each week.

I love this idea, but just fix these minor problems, and this idea would be good to go!
    +1
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  11. Hello!
    As others have stated, Mineplex does not have a huge abundance of content creators, so picking 5 new people each week would not work very well. In fact, maybe making this a monthly occurrence would be best. I also agree with @jxcb that content creators who post their videos in the YouTube Showcase forum should be considered as well so that there are more options and that we are supporting rising creators. Although I do not think this idea would be a major enough event to warrant a forums tag, as the only tag for a winning some sort of contest is the Map Master tag for the winner of the map submission contest in January. Also, it could be risky to put videos on the home page for creators who have no official affiliation with Mineplex. Overall, I think this could be a good way to encourage content creators at Mineplex, both with and without YT/Streamer rank, if done right. I will give this a +1 for the time being. Thank you for suggesting this, and have a nice day!

Posted Feb 8, 2020
  12. as a former individual YTer, it takes time to make vids from my experience. mineplex content creators should totally get the recognition they deserve through this idea. +1 :)))

Posted Feb 8, 2020
  13. Yo!

This sounds like an awesome way to promote the amazing content creators we have on the server, and I also agree that it would be neat to involve the players who post in the Showcase section here on the forums as well!
    I do have a question for this:
    How would the initial content creators be chosen to even be part of the voting? Like would content creators just randomly be chosen that had posted a video in the timeframe, or would there be a specific process to pick them out? I just feel like this could cause some unfairness/tension because the people who weren't picked to be an option in the vote would probably feel cheated if someone of the same degree video-wise was picked instead of them.
    If that concern/question could be settled then I don't see any issues with this, so overall I approve! Have a good day :)

Posted Feb 13, 2020 at 3:08 PM
  14. Most of me is willing to see this idea implemented. This encourages YouTubers to create more Mineplex content, advertising the network to bring in new players. However, I think a better approach to this would be to allow the community to nominate anyone who has created videos for the award and make it eligible for every month, just like MOTM and SOTM. Unlike staff rewards, regular communities can do the exact same as CCs, thus why they should be able to earn the award too. A fair portion of the staff member's job is punishing rule breakers, which the community does not have permission of, drawing the line between CCOTM and MOTM/SOTM. CC's job is to advertise Mineplex and its respective rank is not necessary to do so. CCOTM is better than CCOFW (Content Creator of the Week), because it encourages consistency and pumps out more deserving winners.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Feb 13, 2020 at 4:23 PM