• 1125 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12493 Players Online
  • 11368 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

"Connection Timed Out"

Discussion in 'Help' started by FatKat666, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have gotten this error at least 10 times, anywhere from 20 seconds from joining the server to 5 minutes. I have tried using 1.16.5 and 1.8.9 and it has happened on both. I made sure it was enabled on the firewall and that didn't help either. I restarted my router, and I didn't get kicked out of a discord call so it's not my internet. Is there a way to fix this?

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  2. This error usually shows up when you have connection issues. I would suggest restarting your router and trying to reconnect. If you are still having issues, I would suggest connecting to Mineplex via clans.mineplex.com or hub.mineplex.com as they have less traffic on them and are easier to connect to.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  3. Hey there!

I am so sorry that this happening, however, as Vytas said, you usually get this error when you are having connection issues. As he stated, try restarting your computer and internet to try to fix the issues. You can also try to do one of these two things, try to get an ethernet cable to connect to your laptop/computer allowing for faster internet speeds, or try to move closer to your internet router.

Try to see if you have this connection issue with any other servers and if so, it would be something to fix with your internet. If it is only Minepelx, assuming you are using us.mineplex.com, I would try to use the other IP's that Vytas recommended, hub.mineplex.com and clans.mineplex.com.

Hope this helps!

--------------------------------

Seeing that the concern in this thread has been addressed, I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent further responses. Feel free to reach out to me via the forums or discord if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thread Locked.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.