• 3041 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11479 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Computer poll

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Wave The Swallow, May 31, 2019.

?

What computer do you prefer? (and why?)

1. Windows

44 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Mac OS

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poll is above.

Posted May 31, 2019
  2. I personally have both a mac and a PC and I do enjoy both. However, I do feel that Mac OS is limited but, slightly easier to use than windows and a lot smoother with apples smooth techniques they have compiled within mac os. It really was different back then when Windows was not as optimized as it is today that macs were the simplest computers someone could buy. Nowadays Windows is nearly as good as mac and you can do a lot more on it instead of being limited to .dmg files instead of .exe for software.

Posted May 31, 2019
  3. Where my Linux representation at? Lol

Posted May 31, 2019
    skater77i likes this.
  4. I feel Linux should be added to this, as Linux is still an used operating system. I dual boot both Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu, as Ubuntu is used for my development purposes. I do prefer Windows over Macintosh as there are a lot more applications that are compatible with it rather than Mac.

People say mac has better security against viruses, but the only reason that people think that is due to mac not having too many viruses, due to it not being too popular.

Windows has a cleaner interface to me. Happy to use it!

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  5. I have owned and used computers running both Windows and MacOS. Without a doubt, Windows is better for gaming, mainly due to the fact that MacOS's limitations that are still put on by Apple (ie, not being able to open up .exe files). However, preference wise, I will continue to use Apple's products. Going through school, we only ever used Apple Products, making me more comfortable with them. My entire family also uses iPhones, which pushed me to purchase my first MacBook. The experience on a MacBook is unparalleled by a Windows experience due to continuity that Apple has continued to develop alongside the iPhone. That plus its simplicity and support (online and IRL) has kept me a loyal Mac user.

Posted Jun 1, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 2, 2019
  6. I own a Windows PC, but before used my parent's Macbook Pro to play games, mostly Minecraft, because that's all it could run. I think Mac's aren't really meant for gaming, they are meant for business means and video production. Windows PC's can be as custom as you want. If you want to really get into gaming besides Minecraft, I would switch to a Windows PC :)

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  7. I use a MacBook Pro for everything that I do, and that's because I don't really play computer games that much; I use external consoles for gaming most of the time. I agree 100% that Windows is much better for gaming, but I think that Macs are a lot easier to use. The graphics are really smooth and they last a really long time (provided you don't damage it externally or internally (installing malware)). I occasionally use my brother's Windows computer for games that I can't access on Mac, but overall Mac is much easier for me to use and navigate.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  8. There's nothing wrong with macOS itself in my opinion. But Apple does not allow you to install macOS on your own computer - you have to buy a Mac. And that's the thing: Macs don't offer very good hardware. As much as I like the look and feel of the OS, I can't use it.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  9. Technically, you could install macOS on other hardware. It really depends on how much you want Mac, but it's kind of illegal so I wouldn't do it lol.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  10. I used to have a 2014 MacBook air. I first got Minecraft on that system and used that for everything until last year, when I got a 2018 Razer Blade Stealth. I opted for Windows because there are more graphic design programs that you can run on windows than on a mac. I also don't like Apple's OS because it's not as "open" as Windows is. You can't change as much on your laptop and things are not as customizable. It's harder to work with MacOS and I find Windows to be much more "flexible", i.e. You can do more with it. I'm super happy I switched. I was finally able to use Vegas Pro and After Effects, play games such as Overwatch, and much more. There are a plethora of applications available to Windows users that Mac users don't have access too (and of course vice versa).

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  11. That's the one thing why Windows users, use Windows! Due to how open it is (Not as open as Linux) and how you can install so many applications on it. The only reason that's true is because Windows is the most popular OS out there.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  12. I use a 2014 IMac. It functions well for daily use but isn't a gaming computer by any means. I can't say I enjoy the slow school laptops better though, I'll have to go with MacOS until I use an actually functioning computer with windows software.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  13. I use Windows for everyday use! I have lots of experience using Windows operating system when I was little and then now. I remember using one of the oldest operating system, Windows XP, and it was an excellent operating system. I also used Windows 7 on my old PC too, and this was where when I first started playing Minecraft. After a few years later, I am now using Windows 10 on my main PC.

Right now, I have my own gaming PC, and it runs Windows 10. The graphics look amazing because I have a GTX 1080

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  14. Good gravy, why do you use a GTX 1080 for Minecraft? That's a lot of power for Minecraft. Do you play any other games?

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    MrZmiley and xOeuf like this.
  15. Absolutely! I do play some other games too, but I don't want to list all of the games that I played for the first time! I also use my GTX 1080 for Minecraft when I need to use my shaders mod. :P

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    xOeuf and Overdog like this.
  16. Hey there!
    Honestly, I'd much rather use a windows laptop/PC when playing Minecraft. I have an Alienware that I've decided to stop using after it pretty much broke down on me. I'm planning on getting a new gaming laptop sometime this week but recently I've been using my macbook to post on the forums and play Minecraft. Surprisingly, my macbook can handle Minecraft fine and runs the game quite smoothly; I get around 60-70 fps which is good enough for me on a mac.

But yeah the two systems have different uses. Although the macbook is quick and easy, I find that in the end I have to say that I prefer using windows for gaming.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  17. Any computer tech would tell you windows is better

Posted Jun 3, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  18. No love for Linux?

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    MrZmiley likes this.
  19. SuPEr tUX kArT iS da bEsT gAeM eVaR 10.1/-0 [​IMG]

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    nakl_klej_levian likes this.
  20. Windows 'cuz it's more popular, however i use linux in virtualbox for coding/testing
    I can't dualboot and my hard drive got deleted when i tried to do that lol

Posted Jun 8, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.