• 1081 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3165 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Completely remove the Notable member board entirely.

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by CupAGhost, Aug 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive seen people complain abput how people will try to post boost for the sake of getting to the notable member board. I think remove the notable member board may help a little. Things like member search should still be there but you cant see the top posters anymore.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    doeo, Yato and Jango_55 like this.
  2. Removing notable member page is already planned, but im pretty sure its not for that reason, I honestly forgot whats the main reason for removal lol.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    doeo and CupAGhost like this.
  3. I actually do agree with that, I am sure a lot of them do it for the 15 minutes of fame..so to speak by getting put on the board. I find it can be a little discouraging for those who are honest and pure about it.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    doeo and CupAGhost like this.
  4. I do not care if the leaderboard is there or not. Take note of Mineplex's current state, they are far less successful compared to a few years ago. The leaderboard promoting post-boosting is not all doom and gloom. It does encourage players to post (even though may spend little to no effort on them) on the forums, keeping it active. This makes the community seem more alive and hopefully combat the "Mineplex is dead" theories. The problem originally arose when the new forums came around. Back on Enjin, posts were more insightful and formal compared to Xenforo. When something new is introduced, players like to explore everything, and inevitably discover the post leaderboard. It was relatively hidden from players on Enjin since the members page was not visited often there and the post leaderboard was only accessible from there, I never came across it. Mineplex was housed on Enjin for 5 consecutive years and those who somehow found the post leaderboard matured, developed, and put quality over quantity. Post-boosting was next to nonexistent from there. On Xenforo, that leaderboard is the first thing you see whilst looking at the notable members page. Players want to be "notable" so they put one sentence answers (or even shorter) onto threads. Those who put quality over quantity would create helpful, detailed, and insightful posts. They may still post a lot but have strikingly better intentions. What I believe should be done, since I am neutral on this matter is to remove the leaderboard once Mineplex gets back to where they were in 2017 (5k-10k players online on Java, much better than now). If the post leaderboard was still there, the post-boosting will be more severe and hard to moderate, almost creating a toxic environment for the players and they will leave again. The features of searching for players and forum birthdays should be moved to another page. I am sure it does not take one whole page to only include those.

To summarize, keep the leaderboard for now, remove it once the network has improved drastically from right now.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  5. Let me ask you this. Who is it hurting, and why? Yeah, it may be a little annoying seeing low-quality posts for the sole purpose of getting on some fancy leaderboard, but it's not hurting anyone. If you make high quality posts, kudos to you. In a way, it makes the people look even worse having a post count of over 1,000 with only 50 likes. Take pride in the amount of support you receive, not the amount of posts someone has.

I'm going to go ahead and give this a -1 since it seems like a rather poor use of the web developer's time. There are other things which require more attention. Leave it up to the staff team to deal with post boosters, they will get called out for it at some point.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. The post leaderboard has been removed after we saw increasing concerns with it and post boosting issues. Along with this, look forward to seeing our post boosting rule hopefully get some changes soon due to this change.

I'll be locking this as we have gone ahead and did this. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    CupAGhost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.