• 1542 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8045 Players Online
  • 6503 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Compass / Games / Ideas

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by My1Legocraft, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Hey fellow players!
    Recently I was playing on Mineplex Bedrock and I noticed there was no compass! I mean yeah, there isn't that many games. yet. So I propose we add a compass to it so we can navigate easier for those of us that want to get in games without clicking on the person and getting in people's way. Here is what I suggest:
    1. As I said before add a compass so we can navigate easier.
    2. Add a "Hide Players" and "Show Players" icon in the bar with the rest of the icons I've seen this in others servers and was surprised Mineplex Bedrock didn't have it yet. For those of us that want to join a game through person can without getting in way of others.
    3. Adding a compass can help us getting games more quickly so adding would be helpful to us.

Games:
    1. BedWars: I suggest we add BedWars I know it's a little similar to CakeWars but I think it would make a great fit for the server I played BedWars on other servers with CakeWars also and BedWars was also popular so why not add it? I think Mineplex might get even more popularity if they add BedWars. It would make a great fit for the server and the player count would hopefully be similar to those that play CakeWars also because Bed destroying sometimes are more fun than Cakes I love CakeWars myself but thought of this idea.
    2: KitPVP: I suggest KitPVP as I've seen KitPVP in other servers so why not add it? It would make a fun way for those of us who want to play something quick without playing for too and a time set instead they will be playing and when they decide to quite they can also if they quite too early they'll die as well.

So tell me your thoughts. What do you think? Please +1 if you agree!

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    Believerc likes this.
  2. 1.) I’m all for adding a compass to games, most specifically cakewars and microbattles, as those are the games where you’d probably need a compass the most as unfortunately there are a lot of campers in these two games. Let’s face it, no one really likes campers unless they’re the one camping; camping makes things very frustrating as gameplay lasts longer and you might not win due to your unawareness of where the player(s) are. Adding a compass would eliminate this factor of the game, which would definitely improve the overall experience one has when playing the game, additionally it will probably encourage more people to play it.

2.) Don’t see this as a much needed addition to the server, but I suppose it would boost our user friendly/customer side of things and make things a lot easier. While it would be just a nice little addition to have, you can go without it, as you’re still able to select games even with players in your way and I don’t find this much of an issue for me.

3.) Firstly, adding Bedwars to Mineplex would be completely copying another server, so we wouldn’t want to do that. Additionally we already have our own spinoff of Bedwars at Mineplex, which is Cakewars.

4.) Again, would be copying other servers but I agree that if Mineplex can make their own KitPVP based game, I’d be all for it.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  3. Thanks for your input! I meant by Compass was to add it to the Hub not games but they do add it to games I'm all for it I think it's already added to SkyWars though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2020
    xGetSpooked likes this.
  4. Sorry it was a little hard to tell what you were referring to. There actually used to be a compass in the Hub but was removed with the lobby update, I don’t really see a need for it since all the games are in the center of the spawn point represented by huge NPCs. As for the compasses in-games, I know it’s in Skywars but I’d like for it to be in CakeWars and MicroBattles as well.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  5. Well, the problem is people get in the way sometimes for me though having a compass makes joining games quicker without having to move.

OP OP
  6. True, but I don’t find that too much of an issue. Not sure if it would be used to much, so could just be a small QoL change, although it would cluster the hotbar up again, which is why it was removed before.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  7. Now that I think about the compass was there when I played awhile back on mobile it was a little pain to get to the person so I always used the compass.

OP OP
    Fallen likes this.
  8. I agree with everything except adding bedwars. Even though it will give the server more popularity, it would be too similar to a game we already have.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  9. Sounds good, agree this would be a great quality of life addition.

Already exists in the Mineplex Settings area (Esc -> Settings -> Back -> Settings -> Mineplex Settings). Unfortunately it's broken, however that is a bug and will hopefully eventually be resolved. The compass idea also means that you wouldn't need to go to an NPC in theory.

For the others, rather than repeating/paraphrasing them, I'm just going to reference the following reply.

100% agreed with these replies for #3 and #4.

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Forums and let me know if you have any comments/feedback on what I said!

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    xGetSpooked likes this.
  10. Thanks so much for your input! And thanks for moving it to Bedrock ideas. Any opinions is greatly appreciated!

OP OP
    Fallen likes this.
  11. I really like the suggestions you posted, but do have a couple concerns and possible improvements to what you listed.

Adding a compass to hub
    I am mixed on this. As stated above, this was already a feature, but was removed. If it was already removed, there was most likely an issue with it, or it just wasn't that beneficial for most users. As you said, there are a lot more gamemodes on Java, so a compass isn't essential for Bedrock. I am pretty neutral on this idea, as I can see how it could be beneficial, but I just don't think it is needed at the moment. Maybe if there are more gamemodes in the future it could help, but navigation is already pretty intuitive.

Hiding players
    Again, this is another feature on Java that is useful, but don't think it super important. The main benefits of hiding players are less lag and just easier navigation, but I generally I run a lot smoother on Bedrock than Java, so I don't know if lag is as big of a concern. Maybe for mobile users this is a bigger issue, so I won't count that out, but for me I don't think it is super beneficial. Also, from what I have seen, Bedrock users spend a lot less time in Hub than on Java. I am not exactly sure why, but with less players in Hub, the less reason you need to not see other players. So, again, I am neutral on this. It would be nice to have, but I don't think it is essential right now.

Adding Bedwars
    This one is very confusing to me, as this is not the first time I have heard someone reference the fact that they prefer a bed over cake. Personally, I don't really see a huge difference, but I am also not a huge Cakewars/Bedwars player. I really feel like this is not needed, as Cakewars and Bedwars are really the same game. There might be very slight differences in mechanics, but I attribute that more to different servers coding their games differently. It wouldn't be the worst thing, but with dev time being so valuable, especially for Bedrock, I just can't agree with this. I would rather see time spent on new gamemodes, or improving gamemodes, than making and maintaining a gamemode that is pretty much the same as another.

Kit PvP
    Kit PvP could definitely be something interesting an new to the server. I am personally not a big fan of survival and pure PvP, but I know it is super popular and something tons of players enjoy. Mineplex generally does a good job of putting spins on already well known gamemodes, like Clans, so I think this could be implemented very well.

Thanks for the ideas, and think some of them would be a great fit on the server!

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  12. Thanks so much for your input! As for the compass idea for those that have mobile it is kind of harder to click on the person with people in the way. Thank for your input though! It is very much appreciated!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2020
    zFlqre likes this.
  13. Of course, thanks for taking the time to read it!

And yeah, I believe that is the biggest challenge with Bedrock. You really have to make a game that works well with consoles, phones, tablets, and computers, it just makes it very hard. I don't really play on a tablet, and when I do I usually use a mouse and keyboard, but I can see how it is a bit hard to properly hit the NPC just using a tablet/phone. If the compass works better for those players, I do think it would be beneficial to add back, as it wouldn't negatively affect the computer or console users, and would just be beneficial to everyone who wants it.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  14. I so much agree with you. And it can be annoying at times. Thanks again for you opinion!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2020