• 1500 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8220 Players Online
  • 6720 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Compass for Gladiators in Mixed Arcade

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by FoxCatcher, Jan 8, 2020.

?

Should Gladiators Have a Compass?

Poll closed Feb 7, 2020.
  1. Yes (please explain why)

100.0%
  2. No (please explain why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. There already is one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey! I’m rather new to this server, but I’ve played my fair share of the games, and I have realized that Gladiators does not allow you to spectate. (For me anyway, there is no compass, and I have to find the players I am looking for in order to spectate them) I think this would be helpful to players who enjoy spectating games, or are watching their friends play. In an addition to being new to Bedrock, I am open for any suggestions regarding this, an explanation as to why there is no compass, and correction if I am wrong. Thanks for taking this into consideration!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Steven190 likes this.
  2. Heyo,

I'd be fine with a compass being added although you can fly around to spectate in gladiators, so it wouldn't be too beneficial past the first 2 rounds. The flying feature is better too because if a teleporting compass would be added, it could possibly introduce bugs that would take even more development time to fix. This would probably be a super low priority QoL feature, but I'd rather other major bugs get fixed before this gets implemented.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  3. Hey!
    This seems like a great idea. Even though it isn’t as necessary to have a compass in Gladiators as compared to Cake Wars or Skywars, it would be a nice addition so you don’t have to fly around the map and actually find the person you are looking for.

There is another problem with this, however, and it is that when you teleport to a Gladiators game (using /ftp if your friend is there or something like that) and you jump into the void as you normally do to spectate, Gwen will kick you for fly hacking even though it isn’t a hack. Adding this compass might create new bugs as @Augend said, and this would definitely be super low priority.

+0.75 from me :)

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  4. I'll be marking this as not planned for now as Gladiators has been removed from the network in the most recent update. If it ends up returning, I will make sure to re-look at this. Thanks for suggesting your idea!

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.