• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Community Ranks.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SuchIntelligence_, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Hello there! As an Eternal I like to have a Community. And as with all the amazing perks you get with the server, I think an idea would be to give the Community Owner the ability to make ranks for people in the community with all sorts of permissions. Kinda like the official Mineplex ranks, but in a Eternal Community. I think it would be great practice to be a Trainee or Mod in a Community so you have a little Experince with watching over games and chat for when you want to become a real Mod. Its just an idea and please leave constructive criticism on my idea. I understand that not everyone will like it.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  2. Would the ranks only be visible in an mcs? How would this work? Would you be able to make custom ranks, or would they be pre set ranks? It dosnt seem like a bad idea, but you need to add some more detail

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  3. Yes sorry for that. They would be visible to players in the community. The owner makes all the roles for the community and can rank up/down whoever they want.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 28, 2019
  4. I like this idea to an extent. I think it would be great to have roles in communities, but maybe something more along the lines of how roles are in MPS. It wouldn't be a feasible idea to be able to make "fake" Trainees or Moderators within communities. This is because those that are unaware of these "fake" roles could become confused about who is staff and who isn't. It could also lead to staff impersonation. On another note, what would happen if an actual staff member were to be a member of one of these communities? I think that things would become far too confusing if something like this were to be implemented.

Like I said, I think that having roles that don't have to do with staff ranks wouldn't be a bad idea. This way, the owner(s) of the community can give select members certain permissions to keep the community running smoothly when no owners are online.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  5. Custom, player-chosen Community ranks seem too messy in my opinion, and choosing the perks seems like it would be a tedious process. Personally, I'd prefer they just provide a pool of preset, assignable ranks with descriptions of the permissions that each would get.

With that being said, I do believe there's some value in having custom rank options. Maybe have it as an unlockable perk, as a milestone for reaching a certain amount of members, in an entirely new cosmetic category, or something along those lines, so the ranks are more controlled and special. Something comparable might be how a lot of Discord servers give roles out to players for activity among other things. But again, a system like this can turn out messy, and I would personally prefer just a simple expansion on what we have now.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    Marzie, Crazyy_Tim and Jaek like this.
  6. freddey - Thats true. Maybe a different color could set apart community Trainee/Mod's and offical Trainee and Mods.

ClassN - Yes, I agree that it would be tedious to make the roles, maybe the Owner can just make a role, and choose a preset for commands that the owner would like to have for example, - I would make a new role called 'Administrator' and then click on a feather or something, then activate a commands preset called 'Admin'. Something along those lines. And like I said above a different color could set apart real Trainees and Mods to official Trainees and Mods. I also agree with discord. All I'm trying to do here is give Owners and Members more connection in the community and dedication to the community so you can have some sort thing to work towards.

I thank both of you for your replies. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 28, 2019
  7. Hi there!

I also like this idea but not everything about it. I really like the idea of how you could make ranks and such for the community that actually sounds really cool! Personally I see what others are saying about the Staff Roles, maybe you can make certain roles for example ''Penguin'' for a Mod rank of some sort, but if a real staff member were to join they'd hey there Mod or Trainee etc rank next to them. I also like the perms idea since sometimes you wanna give your friends more perms but you don't trust them to the full extent and their is only 1 button and they get pretty much everything the leader can do. Personally I really like this idea but I'd like to see a few tweaks! Incredible idea!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 29, 2019
  8. Camull_ - I also agree with you, with permissions and everything, Mineplex could make a bunch of presets with commands and everything and the Owner can just enable the right permission to go with the rank. Thank you for feedback! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 29, 2019
  9. If this could be achievable without clashing with the current ranks, I don't really have a problem with adding this. The ranks shouldn't clash with the current staff ranks as this could potentially confuse players as people have pointed out. Would community owners be able to create their own staff ranks with adding their preferable perms, or would it be a preset role with perms/names such as "Community MOD". If people can create their own custom roles, it could make way for inappropriate uses that could add unnecessary moderation. Do you have in mind what ranks would have suitable perms, and would these be able to be used on Staff members? I can see this helping out communities a lot, although it would have to be carried out in a way which doesn't create a mess. Thanks for your suggestion.

Posted Dec 29, 2019
  10. This would be really messy and it would be pretty complex to create. You mention having the community owner create their own custom ranks AND permissions along with it. That'd mean a rank creation system, promotion thing, permissions set up - for a community. It would just be messy and confusing imo.
    It would also mean a filter thing would have to be developed in order to keep the ranks from bypassing the filter. Perhaps one custom "rank" that comes before players' names in the community, ie "Penguin" in a "CoolPenguinClub" community. However, entirely customizable ranks is something I don't see happening imo. -1

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  11. Hello!

I like the creativity of this idea. However, it seems extremely unorganized and unnecessary in my opinion. I would never think that ranks could ever be given out to community member of communities besides giving out co-leader permissions in these communities. This would be extremely hard to implement considering that a lot selected permissions, and ranks in communities would have to be added.

Seeing that you would want to be able to give out custom ranks is also an issue. This is because to create these ranks in communities a system would have to be developed in a way to actually create custom ranks. I would honestly be okay with adding a few more ranks in communities that adds more than the leader, co-leaders, and members. I would not prefer them being custom to that particular community. Rather, new roles that could be given out to members of the community. I could see why you would want to give someone a role in a community, but do not trust them as a co-leader. So, I would agree to implement more roles to be given out in communities. Just not custom roles. This is to ovoid the mess and confusion of adding custom roles that players may be confused about what the role is, and why that have it. If that makes any sense at all. You said that you would want to add custom staff roles in your community in order to get experience inside a smaller community. I can see why you would want this, so just like what I was saying. I think there should be other roles in communities to an extent. For example, there could be a new mod role, or even a active member role. This solves your individual problem by adding something like a mod role in the communities to help players get a grasp of how managing a small community is like, but also gives a chance for players who do stay active in a certain community, but just does not want to have that kind of responsibility, or is not trusted by higher roles. So, if anything would be implemented on this idea. I would prefer my version of adding more roles than there are currently in communities to give different responsibilities or permissions.

Overall, I do see why would want to add something like your idea. I just feel like it would be really messy, and confusing for players inside the community, and the players would not really understand what role has what permissions if they are new to the community. But, to help your individual problem. I would definitely agree with implementing more roles inside communities. Anyways, I thank you for suggesting this idea, and while I do not agree with your overall idea. I do see where you are coming from, and putting my modification in your idea. I feel like it would satisfy you, and would make communities more enjoyable.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  12. Interesting suggestion. I think it would definitely be fun for players, but it could pose some problems.

I feel like this could be hard to monitor. Players could easily create custom ranks that bypass the filter, are inappropriate, etc. We would be responsible for enforcing appropriate custom names. I also wouldn’t want to have to see communities shut down because of something silly like that.

I honestly don’t see a huge point in adding a customizable moderator role. There’s already the coleader status which allows you to kick members in the community and invite new members. I guess adding the customizable roles could be useful for large communities though.

Overall, it’s a nice idea. But I think I have to give it a -1.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  13. Hey, I really do like the idea and thought put into this! I just think it would be a little bit chaotic as a few members have stated above.

Having your own ranks throughout Communities definitely is something I could see implemented if developed correctly, but I feel as if there really isn't a giant need to add roles that you can customize. Leader, CoLeader, and member seem to function quite well for the time being and it is very simple to moderate. If Communities were to allow the owner to create their own roles and ranks I feel like this would get a little bit chaotic and abusive; therefore, it just seems very messy and unreasonable.

Overall, I love the thought and idea, but I do not see strong reasoning for this to be implemented as it would just be too chaotic an unnecessary as this would be very complex.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  14. Hello!

I like your idea, and I think under different circumstances it may be feasible, however I don't really see much of a need for this. Although communities are fun and can provide an easy way to connect with other users on the platform, they are pretty simplistic when it comes to what you can actually do with them, and adding an entire permissions and ranks setup would be convoluted in a sense. I feel as though communities are simply there to provide a way to chat with other members in the server and create MCSs, but outside of that there's not a whole lot you can do with them. That being said, it seems unnecessary to include extra ranks for members of a specific community to do whatever it is that they need to do. With Co-Leader already being a rank that's a default for the community, there is practically no moderation or extra control that would justify having more ranks.

However, I do see how this could be fun for members of the community. It definitely provides some structure to communities and would allow for members of the community to be respected more in different ways. I could see how it would make communities more interesting in a way that hasn't been done before, and would give members things to do. However, on that same note, it might also create a lot of unnecessary drama within communities. People would argue over who has what role and it has the potential to completely tear communities apart over just a role. The role to me seems like it would be a "desirable power" that members of the community would be willing to fight over. I've definitely witnessed for myself in other places people arguing over who should get what role, and even in MPSs I've seem people practically begging for Co-Host powers. That being said implementing this would be fun for some users, but would also make a lot of other people mad.

Overall, this seems contradictory in the sense that it would provide a lot of drama for communities when its intended purpose is to bring them together in a different way than done before. Throw on top of that the time and effort the time it takes to develop a complex feature like this and the idea just doesn't seem feasible. In an ideal world, I would like to see this work out but I seem some issues with it that might stand in the way of the idea. Thanks for your suggestion!

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    xGetRektedx and pokyvessel52506 like this.
  15. Thank you so much everyone for your responses! As stated in most of them, it would be really messy. But let say this, instead of creating roles and everything, there is already preset roles that devs can make different from real Staff Members. Like Helper, Trainee, Mod, ect. Another Idea can be there is already a bunch of commands that EVERY role will get, and the owner can just go through and delete which perms he doesn't want to have. So essentially, the owner will not have to make roles, he can just edit the preset commands that each role will get. Because I agree with the people saying that people could bypass a filter. I stated this whole idea trying to get people more involved in whatever community they are in. Again, thank you everyone.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
  16. Heyo!

I see both sides of this idea.

I agree that this would be useful in communities for players to have different ranks. For example, players can see who's the owner of the community without having to do /com. It does then allow people to moderate the communities chats which isn't a bad idea.

However, I see a few problems with this. The communities chat will look messy if rank names are extremely long and adding different colours and whatnot will also make the chat a little untidy. Also, I feel as though this feature will be heaving abused. I can see countless moderation issues with it! Players bypassing the filter with inappropriate rank names is just one instance of what will happen and this then makes us the staff teams job even harder as we'll have to moderate each community chat to check to see if any inappropriate ranks are made.

These are only a few of the positives and negatives to this idea. Overall, I conclude that this is a bad idea as players will find a way to bypass words that are filtered with ranks, which will cause issues with moderation. I give this a -1 but thanks for suggesting!

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  17. Heyo!
    I like the creative idea but I have to disagree with this idea for these reasons:

For one I need more detail for what perks/permissions would you be able to put on the community ranks? Like when your making a community rank would there be a permission list and you can turn them on or off?

Also I don’t think we should add all these features to a community because an easier way to talk to players and mcs and all the other features communities have are already enough for communities and we don’t need more features.

How would you get them? Your saying that the owner would make ranks for people so would the owner just give the people ranks or would they have to pay gems or shards?

Also technically the owner could make a fake trainee/mod/admin rank and pretend that they or another player just got staff and that could make players actually think that the player is actually staff when they actually aren’t.

also we already have host, and co-host and that would make making new unofficial ranks unnecessary and practically a waste of time and resources.

For the reasons I stated above I’ll be giving this a -1.

Have a nice day!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
  18. Hello There! Okay so I was thinking about this and I agree
    Hi okay so I was thinking about this and I was thinking, developers could make the roles, not the Owner. And to tell the difference, we can do [O] for owner and [A] for admin and such. That way no Moderation is required. The only thing the Owner would be able to change is the permissions. Like for example lets say that developers make a role called [H] (Helper) and the preset commands are, ' /mute - /kick ' (and other various commands that are appropriate for the selected role.) The only the owner would do is be able to select the roles that are already in place for the role. Like I said before doing the ranks this way would do two things, 1. Eliminate all moderation for the community because of preset roles made by developers. 2. And community Mods and Helpers or something would be set apart from official Mineplex Staff Members because only the first letter of the role is stated and people could tell a different. Thanks for your feedback!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 9, 2020
  19. Hi, this is an interesting idea you’ve brought up. However, I do not see a necessity for this. It would be confusing if there were multiple tags, such as your in-game rank and your community rank. I don’t think you would really need practice for being a Moderator or Trainee by having a community rank. You can practice by helping out the community as well as in-game. I could see someone who does not own a rank having a community rank, and that would deplete the purpose of having a rank, as anyone could have a “community rank” instead of an in-game rank, so I could see some abuse in that. I know some people could probably disagree with me about this, but adding this would cause some confusion and unfairness in the community, sort of dividing it up by “community rank” and in-game rank. Are you implying that it is basically a free rank that any player can have? If not, would someone who owns a rank be able to have a “community rank” or would you have to get it separately? Anyway, I can see some problems with this, and do not think it should be implemented. Thanks for the suggestion! -1

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  20. Hello,

Although the idea of adding new ranks is always fun, in this case I don’t really see it as needed.

My reasoning for this is because communities already have ‘rank’ in a sense, with being able to give players co-lead in a community. Perhaps some sort of symbol like the ppc symbol could be made for co-lead and lead in communities that appears in com chat, but as far as introducing new ranks I disagree.

Posted Jan 10, 2020