• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5185 Players Online
  • 2295 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Community Overtakes Equality Becoming #2 Largest - DaTeamz

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by DaTeamz, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Today at 9:05 am (EST), The community owned by purplEsword known as DaTeamz overtook the community known as Equality, making DaTeamz the 2nd largest community on Mineplex. This development comes in the midst of an intense race between these two communities. It is believed that Equality began inviting members to their community again in an attempt to stay ahead of DaTeamz, but it would make sense to assume that both communities were also considering that #1 spot in this race.

At this point in time, it is unclear if Equality's efforts to race for the top spot will draw to a close as a result of this event. The DaTeamz Community has wasted no time to shoot towards the top spot as the largest community on Mineplex. Staff Request, the only community standing in the way of DaTeamz, is now less than 100 members ahead. DaTeamz is expected to overtake this community, becoming the largest community on Mineplex within the next 12 hours.

The most astonishing thing about the rise of DaTeamz, is that the community went public in April 2020. In just 4 months, the community has barely struggled to overtake every pre-existing community on the server, averaging about 2000 new members a month. One of the longest standing communities previously known as JabPark had also recently merged with DaTeamz, renaming their community to "JaTeamz". There is also speculation that DaTeamz Management has been negotiating possible merges with other leaders of large communities.

Ozzyatoricy, the Co-Director of DaTeamz made a comment about the big overtake,
    "Just yesterday, I had an individual DM me and tell me how inspiring DaTeamz is with where it has gotten. DaTeamz has proven time and time again, that even when numerous individuals tell them they can't do it... they do it."

purplEsword, Director of DaTeamz also made a statement, "First of all, my apologies to any of those who have recieved more than one invite to our community. It isn't our intention to be annoying. Mineplex provides uniquely powerful features that allow us to bring people together and that's exactly what we've done. I've made many new friends on this journey so far and I thank Mineplex for creating these unique opportunities for us. I'd also give a shout out to JabVader, Happy Birthday partner!"

A decision was made to not contact NoHaxJustBaymax, the owner of Equality regarding this topic.

Let me know what communities you are a member of.
    Stay tuned for more updates.~

Posted Jul 24, 2020
  2. Hello <o/

I congratulate your combined efforts to make DaTeamz the 2nd largest community. It is surprising for me to see such a recently-created community become one with the most people. But at what cost?

Personally, I'm not in a lot of communities. I'm only in StaffRequest, CTF1, and another club that provides some enjoyable experiences. I don't join a lot of the bigger communities, because I don't see no use in being in them. I even permanently left Immortals, because it serves no purpose to me, other than forming parties that stomp on regular parties in Cake Wars. At what cost did your com succeed? I have been invited to DaTeamz many times, and so have a bunch of people. While I have declined every invite, I have heard other stories where people felt more harassed. Considering that spamming party and friend invites when told to stop is a bannable offense, should spamming community invites when asked to be banned from that com be a bannable offense? For example, I saw this thread recently, where owners of your community banned then unbanned a user:

I kindly request DaTeamz owners to view the effect of repeatedly inviting players to get the second highest number of players in a community on players who don't see the point in joining, what might happen if you continue, and what's the point of getting the 2nd-highest number of players in a com, if that com serves no purpose.

For example, CTF1 serves to revive CTF, StaffRequest serves as a place where staff can assist players, staffreqfanclub is a legitimate fan club for StaffRequest, but reading your community description it says:
    Oh and by the way, you guys are #1 now so congrats on that.

Posted Jul 25, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 25, 2020
    affinity0 likes this.
  3. I applaud DaTeamz for this impressive feat, however I know that myself, and many others (see above as well), get rather frustrated by what could go as far as possibly being described as spamming invites. getting to the top is evidently a primary goal of DaTeamz, but the way they are going about it has somewhat soured the community's name. Going into the future I hope that they can continue to grow but doing so in a way that won't further tarnish their reputation, I wish them the best of luck with keeping the second place position in their battle with Equality.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. I'm part of Equality and DaTeamz

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  5. DaTeamz are fascist corporatists because they beat some people named Equality

Posted Jul 25, 2020
    Baymax and PhoenixSky like this.
  6. Relaying a message from dateamz director

"DaTeamz leaders aren't intentionally re-inviting the same people in an attempt to get them to join, but that doesn't mean that players aren't getting re-invited. We will continue to grow our community and we try to invite players we haven't encountered before. Co-Leaders can not distinguish who we have or haven't seen before though. We are aware this is becoming an issue and annoyance for some players.
    We are in support of the proposal that players should have a feature that Ignores communities. This would unquestionably solve the issue.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/being-able-to-ignore-communities.146562
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gi...te-15-ideas-for-improving-com-feature.133522/

I have already expressed this when I added idea #16 into my thread of ideas asking for a community update about a month ago."
    - @purplesword

There is a claim that dateamz has unbanned an individual and continuing inviting them.
    I don't believe this to be true and I don't see why this would happen unless the individual had asked to be unbanned.

Although the community does not have a proper description, dateamz does have a purpose other than to become the largest community.
    dateamz is a YT group that hosts frequent events on Mineplex. dateamz also has a uniquely dedicated community.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 25, 2020
    Chaos likes this.
  7. DaTeamz is gonna win cause Camull is kicking everyone from StaffRequest lmao

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  8. I’m on both of the communities, but dateamz is much better. Go dateamz!!!

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  9. that writing is so serious i feel like youre being sarcastic lol

Posted Jul 25, 2020
    Baymax and PhoenixSky like this.
  10. Cool

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  11. Since when were communities this deep? Despite the many times your Co’s have spammed my DM’s on Discord, abuse caused by your Co’s, blew everything I said out of proportion and of course the invite spam (which I also did this, but I’ve now told my Co’s to ignore people with pending requests), I congratulate you for the bigger number.

Meanwhile, the number doesn’t indicate the better community.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
    cerns likes this.
  12. i’m cringing so hard

Equality = Best Com no cap

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    Baymax and Henrias360 like this.
  13. Haha Equality members remember when Ozzyatoricy joined our com and then banned half the people online including me haha then members of DaTeamz who couldn’t even see the bans because they weren’t co denied it hahah and when I finally got through to Ozzy they gave a cow snot reason that didn’t apply when we were banned hahaha

funny tho

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    Baymax and cerns like this.
  14. Huh? That doesn’t sound like something he’d do at all!1!!1 :(

Posted Aug 9, 2020
    anthxny likes this.
  15. Omg ur right1!!!!1! He is most chill staff and never kick anyone i sorry!!1!

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  16. You need to apologize for saying that!!11!! Facts tho!! Literally most chill staff!1!

Posted Aug 9, 2020