• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6985 Players Online
  • 4095 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Community Message Confirmation

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Chameebling, Jun 7, 2020.

1. We've been getting lots of instances where players message in a wrong community like StaffRequest. It would be nice if communities have an option so that when someone sends a message to a community, a 5 or 7-second countdown will appear before the message is sent, or they can click a chat message to cancel sending the message.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  2. Hey!
    I defiantly have seen players message in the wrong community but it's never really an issue unless its Staff Request. In other communites, player's will usually write "wrong chat" or "oops" and that's all. However, Staff Request is a little different because it's being used for reports. I also have noticed that in Staff Request, if someone sends a wrong message, a lot of other players will start talking in an off-topic related matter which isn't good. However, even though I think this cool down time period before the message is sent would be nice for communties like Staff Request, this could also affect player's being able to report which is the whole purpose of the community. It'd be pretty frustrating if you are trying to report a hacker for example, before they kill you and you try to write in the Staff Request community but it delays the time for a Staff Member to respond. The hacker would still be brought to justice of Staff responded however, you may already be dead which would be annoying.

I also don't think this idea is neccessary because players aren't sending messages to wrong communities frequently because in order to even talk in a community, you have to write out the whole command, /com chat (community).

Overall, I don't think this should be implemented because it would put the Staff Request community at a disadvantage for players trying to report. I honestly don't think sending a message to the wrong community is that big of deal currently so I don't see a need for this to be added. Even though the Staff Request community has a lot of Off-Topic talking at times, I don't think this would really prevent it.
    -1 idea

Posted Jun 7, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 7, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and 0775 like this.
  3. Players already have to manually type which community they chat to using /com chat {com}. On top of that, it sends you a confirmation message after entering the command that reads something like “Now chatting in StaffRequest!” I don’t think a feature like this is necessary, besides, it’s a minor and infrequent mistake to begin with.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and Xukuwu like this.
  4. Yeah, as said by Tay, StaffRequest is pretty much the only community with this particular problem, and things can go off topic from there but it's more of a mentality problem than a flawed system. If mini modding was not allowed in the community then nobody would make a fuss out of one or two off topic messages, so I can see that as a way to solve that, but in general it's just too minor to implement something like this idea, which would be a bit of an inconvenience. It's good thinking though, I'm open to supporting ideas on this topic.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  5. Hi there! I don't really see this as a huge problem at all. As already mentioned, this happens sometimes in StaffRequest, but usually the player will just clarify that the sent the message to the wrong community and then move on. I feel like this idea could get a bit annoying, especially in a community like StaffRequest where players might want their message to get sent instantly so a rule-breaker can be quickly dealt with.

If you want to be sure you're sending a message to the right community, you can just do /com chat <community> to make sure that you're not sending it to a community that it shouldn't be sent to. This would be a lot quicker and is super easy to do.

Overall, I'm going to be giving this a -1 for those reasons.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    corns likes this.
  6. Yo!

I don’t really see a point of this being added. You can always double check of which community you’re talking in by just doing /com chat (community) again! But, this being added could cause your chat to be flooded since it’s counting down which I assume means it will show a “5” and next line is a “4” which would be really annoying. And, I understand how people talk in the wrong community sometimes but if you do it in StaffRequest and say “oops wrong com” or something similar, you aren’t going to get kicked for being off topic though if you keep doing it and it’s pretty obvious your actually not in the wrong com, you’ll get kicked. Additionally, like some people said above, it will delay people from reporting rule breakers or staff saying “On my way”.

Overall, this wouldn’t be a good thing to add so I give this a -1, thanks for the idea though!

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  7. Hi!

As stated above, I have only really seen this be an issue in StaffRequest. If this happens in other communities most people just say “oops” or “wrong com”.

Also, there would be a huge chat delay if this were implemented that would make community chat not nearly as effective as it is now. It would take a minute just to say a few lines.

Overall, this is going to have to be a -1 from me because I do not really see it as an effective implementation and I think it would have negative consequences.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  8. I don’t really think this is a good idea. I can see the thought behind it, but I don’t think it’s practical. I feel like this would be more of a bother than an asset because messaging the wrong community doesn’t happen very often. And, when it does, the player usually says “oops wrong com” or something along those lines, and it never ends up being an issue. Chat delays in themselves can be annoying to deal with, and I feel like this one is a but unnecessary. I do like your thoughts behind this, though, however I’m still going to give it a -1.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  9. Hi there.
    I honestly don't think this would be a good edition as normally communities are meant to be a place to chat freely and have some fun, it just wouldn't seem ideal to have to wait/confirm a message every time you wish to speak in a community. This would also really impact the time needed to post a report in StaffRequest, making this worse. I do understand the thought behind the idea, but it wouldn't be needed for something like Mineplex communities. The best way for players to not mess up what they are trying to send to what community would just be to always /com chat (community) before typing anything. But for now, I am going to have to disagree with this idea.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  10. No, that'd be very annoying for anyone trying to speak in community chat. The whole reason it saves the community you're speaking in is because it wouldn't before and everyone hated needing to type that command in every single time.

As for the OP, the idea you have presented is not optimal and time consuming. I would take a few accidental messages over an inefficient delay or constant /com chat commands.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  11. I wasn't suggesting each time you wish to send a message you need to /com chat but I was saying is that if someone reading is a player who does mess up speaking in communities a lot, it could just be a better way for them to make sure they are talking in the right community, in no way was I saying that it should be changed to always having to /com chat.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  12. I personally think this could work if there was an option to enable or disable this feature in /prefs. If a player know that they typically accidentally talk in the wrong community, then they can switch this feature on. However, if players find this feature annoying they will be able to turn it off. This will be very helpful because StaffRequest can get off-topic when people accidentally send the wrong message.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  13. Yeah I think this is a good idea since I was would always accidentally say “LOL” in staff request

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  14. I think there is no need for this and it would kinda just be a waste of time. People can either be more careful or say wc when sent accidently.

Posted Jun 7, 2020