• 387 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2471 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Community Mentoring Program

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Its_Tims, Sep 16, 2018.

1. What is your in-game name? cerns
    What country do you live in? united states
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I hope to become a more helpful, positive, and become a recognizable kind community member. Meaning I hope to improve my forum ideas and posts in contribution to threads, strive to be more understanding and less toxic to other members and be more known upon the community as someone who is nice.
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community?
    I have contributed by sharing my many ideas on these forums and suggesting improvements to other ideas and problems around the server. I attempt to lead by example by trying to say and do what is right, even when people around me don't necessarily agree with me. I also try to help the server by reporting in-game and on the forums, but will try to start recording to report for hacked clients rather than just chat violations.

thank you for taking the time to review my application.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  2. NEW MENTEE!

@cerns will be under Marzie
    --- Post updated ---
    New MA!

@Narwhal will be under me.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    BasicT likes this.
  3. What is your in-game name?
    maatheww
    What country do you live in?
    United States
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP?
    I want to get mentoring on how to be a better member in the community, and to strive for being a helpful person. I want to know better on how to manage certain questions I don't know the answer too. I want to reduce the level of toxicity and make the server a better and safer place.
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community?
    I am on the forums almost daily, when I log on to Mineplex, I answer as many questions as I can in-game, and I have directed people to the correct place. I want to contribute by correctly reporting players, not just for chat violations, but for more serious matters. I also would like to answer as many questions as I could in-game, that way I could review certain matters on my own. Because in the future, I might need these managing skills for certain jobs I apply for IRL.

I appreciate you taking your time into reviewing my application, and I hope this is enough.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  4. New mentee!

@maatheww will be under Phamtastic!

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  5. What is your in-game name?
    THELichCA
    What country do you live in?
    Kuwait
    During my time in this program, I want to be more helpful whether it's in-game, on discord or even here on the forums, I want to also learn how to handle situations on the forums, professionally and in a comforting way towards the player in the help section. I also want to develop my skill in posting replies in the ideas section, hopefully joining the ideas sub-team one day. At the end of this program, I hope to become a helpful staff member that would assists players.
    I have contributed through making reports, helping players in the help section and in-game. I hope in the future to help the community further by joining the staff team, with that, joining the RP, EA (then ES) and Ideas subteams.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  6. New mentee!

@THELichCA is under me!
    --- Post updated ---
    New mentee!

@sesses will be under Phamtastic
    --- Post updated ---
    Bye bye @GuardianInASuit (MA) and @Lionatthezoo (MA)!

Taking both their places will be @KawaiiLovi, congrats n welcome!
    --- Post updated ---
    New mentee!
    @Lila will be under Phamtastic!

Welcome back!
    @Dan1el will be under Phamtastic!

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  7. What is your in-game name? Unthoughtfulness

What country do you live in? United states

What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I hope to mature and becoming a better person in the community, help players, and make new friends. my main goal is to help the java platform become a better place for all players.

How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? I've helped many players in the past find their friends, lobbies and games that they were looking for directed them to the shop for ranks. I plan on helping everyone that is in need and showing that there will be someone to help I also plan on bringing new events and planning new mini games thanks. for reading my application! Have a good day!

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  8. New Mentee!
    @UwUAnime will be under Phamtastic!

Welcome back!
    @BasicT will be under AGLThree!

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  9. Amazing,
    this is really great for all of the players who aren't Trainee's and haven't had their own Mentor. This is a really good idea and I really appreciate the time that you've taken to create this problem, thanks.... :)

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  10. What is your in-game name? Kezdero
    What country do you live in? England
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I've recently returned to Mineplex, and I see there's been a lot of changes. I would love it if I was assigned to a mentor that could help me catch up on things, like, if there's anything that I really need help getting my head round/just general knowledge questions. I'd love to help even more in game and become more active in forum discussions/topics, but I feel that that opportunity is strongly limited to me as there's a lot of things I don't know about. Like others, I hugely aspire to be a staff member one day, and I feel like this mentor program would certainly help me out in those terms. Last thing, I want to improve my reactions towards toxicity. My reactions aren't explicitly verbal, the mental side has more involvement. When people are toxic to me, it generally just makes me feel that I am in the wrong and that my time on Mineplex is not worth carrying out, so I would love to work with a mentor to help me overcome this issue.
    I used to be quite active on the forums and I used to help out a lot in game, however I plan to be involved in more and more discussions, topics etc on Mineplex. I feel like at the moment, I'm just an average player who lacks huge knowledge on Mineplex, I want to be more than just the average player and help others and become more involved, making my time on Mineplex more positive. Again, I hope to apply for staff one day so I can help mineplex retain it's positive vibe and so I can help out in many aspects.

Posted Sep 22, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 26, 2019
    Mathuu / Mathew, Im_Ken and BasicT like this.
  11. New Mentee!

@Kezdero will be under Phamtastic!

Posted Sep 26, 2019
  12. What is your in-game name? Jocoe
    What country do you live in? I am currently living in the USA but I previously lived in South America. My timezone is CST.
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I am hoping to learn to be more helpful, friendlier, and calmer. I want to be a better person, as I strive to build upon myself. I want to be a friendly face to those around me and to handle everything in a calm and soothing way. My long term goal is to be a Sr. Moderator and I hope this will expand myself until I feel like the time has come to apply for Trainee.
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? I am a very active community member. I love to give my opinions and ideas on things. I love to help out as much as I can as well as to express my feelings and thoughts. I plan on being a staff member as stated above. I also plan on being more active and friendlier to those around me. I want to continue to build upon myself and to be someone who others can look up to. I can't wait to see a better me in the future ahead.

Posted Oct 9, 2019
  13. Goodbye @Arjun (MA)!

Taking Arjun's place is @wattywatty14, welcome!
    --- Post updated ---
    New mentee!

@Jocoe will be under Marzie!

Posted Oct 12, 2019
    Jocoe, Arjun, THELichCA and 3 others like this.
  14. What is your in-game name? SleepDeprivedEm
    What country do you live in? United States
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I joined CMP last year, but due to timing issues, I didn't get what I wanted to out of it. However, I'm looking to help others more when it comes to different things in mineplex from going about appealing, rules, and other tasks. I'm just hoping to gain more knowledge about mineplex as a whole from subteams to rules more in depth.
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? With access to /report, I try to utilize that when I can, but I also help friends with how to appeal mutes and bans (whether on the server or from the Staff Request community). I also answer questions about games, the forums, or other miscellaneous questions I see being asked. I plan to contribute more on the forums and more in game. I'm already a pretty friendly person in game, but I want the chance to meet others that I usually don't see in game by joining the program again.

Posted Oct 12, 2019
    Jocoe and BasicT like this.
  15. Welcome back!

@Nexdron will be under AGLThree
    @Knazamn will be under AGLThree

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  16. What is your in-game name? little_dude_9000
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I am hoping to get a better knowledge about the server and all the different rules/aspects within it. With that knowledge, I hope to form more insightful and helpful responses in the forums and in game. In general I want to play a more positive role in the community, and I think that CMP is a great way to develop those skills. I would also like to meet other people within Mineplex that have a similar mindset. I am also interested in using skills that I can gain in CMP to prepare myself for my end goal which is to apply for Trainee.
    As of now I spend quite a bit of time on the forums trying to be as helpful as I can whenever I see someone is in need of help. I hope to continue doing this while i'm in CMP but I would like to improve on the way that I respond. I have done forum reports in the past, and that is something I plan to do more often. I also try to utilize staff request and /report as often as I can. I am also pretty good about answering questions whenever I see someone ask. In the future I hope to do all of this except with better quality and more often.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    BasicT, MerryNeverLie and Jocoe like this.
  17. What is your in-game name? vezay
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? Im hoping to get an experience of how Mineplex works and learn from this. I want to apply for Trainee one day, but as of now I've got a recent punishment and have to wait a few months, which gives me time to think what I wanna say in my application. I didn't see any requirement where you can't apply if you have a recent punishment then you can't apply, if there is then my bad. I hope to learn and mature from this as well, since I have quite an immature past. I hope to get an idea how the staff team works on Mineplex and learn more and have a more deeper idea of how everything works.
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? I really hope to help the community with their problems. I try to stay active on forums to help people with questions and listen to people's ideas. I like looking at people's ideas and seeing their creativity. I plan to be a part of this so I can learn from it and maybe someday help other people who are trying to join.

(Also, thanks for doing this whole thing, It gives a lot of people who wanna apply for staff a better understanding of how it works.) :)

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    BasicT and Jocoe like this.
  18. Posted Oct 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Jocoe like this.
  19. What is your in-game name? Mwry

What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I’ve recently joined the Mineplex forums again. I had an old account before the update, and would like to become as active on here as I once was. Through this program I hope to better myself as a member of the Mineplex community through helping others in a professional manner, reporting those who cause harm to the server (hackers, spammers, rude players, etc,), and gaining further knowledge about the server.

How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? Already, as a player, I try my best to be a positive influence for the Mineplex community. Whenever I notice someone in the chat ask about anything, I try to message them and explain what they're confused about or answer questions they have in hopes that they will continue to play on Mineplex. If there is an argument going on in a game or lobby, I try my best to help resolve it. Whenever I see someone breaking the rules, I try to use /report as much as I can. I enjoy helping others around the server and would love to continue to do this as a member of the CMP program.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    BasicT and Jocoe like this.
  20. What is your in-game name?
    Gzen
    What country are you currently living in?
    The United States
    I'm hoping to not only learn much more about Mineplex, how it works, and join a varierty of subteams to try and get my ideas out into the open, I am also hoping that I can become more mature within this program. I try to be funny too often in game and on Discord and as a result it limits my ability to spread my ideas and work to improve this server. At the same time though, I want to be able to keep the personality that I have established. I need help getting this in order.
    How have you already and how do you plan to improve the Mineplex community?
    I talk with a lot of moderators and very experienced members of the server to expand my knowledge on the server by a large margain and feel I currently have at least a good amount of knowledge on it. In the coming months I plan on learning all that I can about the server so that once I feel myself confident, can apply for the role of a staff member. I'm also very active on the forums and especially the ideas section. I hope that eventually I will apply and get accepted into the Ideas subteam.

P.S sorry for any formatting errors i'm on mobile

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.