• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7046 Players Online
  • 4156 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Community Letter Search

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Butterfl1, Jun 5, 2020.

1. There should be an option for searching for people in a community through a search bar. It pains me to constantly click "Next Page" 20+ times, then get the menu wiped out due to someone killing me in game. I think this would save a ton of time.

An example is in the search bar, you could search "Noob123" and it would pop up if they're in the community aka the Steve head. It would be accessable for all members.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  2. ^^^ it would also help with the community StaffRequest, to see if the cheaters are in the community or not.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 5, 2020
  3. Hi there!

I was thinking the same thing, there was actually another post about this made a bit ago.

I think this would be really helpful! It is quite tedious to search through a community when you're just looking for someone to be online, when we can just have a search bar. This may not sound very useful but it can be useful when you're not friends with someone for example and you might be in a big com with them and you can search up there name.

Not really much I have to say about this besides I think it would be a great little change! +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and 0775 like this.
  4. Hey!

This is a really good idea! It is quite annoying to have to go through a community with a lot of players if I’m looking for a player. Having a search bar would help with this problem and other issues like the staff request one. Players could see if the person(s) they are about to report are in it to make sure they won’t stop doing whatever they were doing when they do report them! This would just be a small update to communities that I think would be very useful!

Overall, this is a great idea and I give it a +1, thanks for the idea!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  5. Hi!

As others have noted above, I believe this is a great suggestion! The ability to find a certain player in a community would be good to see if your friends are also in some of your communities. It could also be used in the context of being able to see if certain cheaters are in help communities such as StaffRequest to ensure they do not find out about suspicions against them. The only issue I can see with this is that only a few communities have a large number of members to require this feature. In addition, the community member list is alphabetized so some might find it easy to search for other members.

Overall, good QOL idea but I can see that it may not be a top priority at the moment. Thank you for the idea!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  6. One of my issues with this idea, is how the search would be conducted. Currently, every searching mechanism on the network is through an anvil renaming system. A lot of versions aren't even compatible with these renaming systems, and so players often have issues friending people, or renaming pets. However, I do see the merit to this idea. I often want to find a friend that has their status set to semi-visible on /f, and it's incredibly annoying to search through all the lists. If we can find a good way to conduct the searches, I would be more than happy for this idea to be implemented onto the server!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  7. Hello!

A similar idea has been already posted in the past at the beginning of this year and there it was successfully approved, so we will mark that idea as Processed as well.

I will agree that can be a great feature to see since there can be cases when you need to find to which communities specific player belongs to and this feature can easily let you do that. It's something which can be included in the future QoL updates but it's not something which we can really promise that it will be added.

Thanks for suggesting that! Feel free to submit more ideas if you have something which will be a great addition for the server.

- Idea is processed

Posted Jul 11, 2020 at 3:25 PM
    ItsFree likes this.