• 471 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4351 Players Online
  • 3880 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Community Invite / Ban Lists

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Paladise, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So currently, as a coleader or leader of a community, you are given access to special features like a request list, MCS Theme, and changing the colors for the community chat. One feature I would like to delve into is the current request list, where you can see people who currently are requesting to join your community, and can decide whether to decline or accept their requests. This GUI within the community menu is a very organized way of showing every player requesting to join. I propose creating an invite list and ban list. For the invite list, it will show player heads that you currently have invited to your com. You will also be able to cancel invites to players by left clicking these heads. For the ban list, it will show the player heads of people you have banned from the com, and will give you the option to unban them. I believe this will be a nice future QoL update.

Feel free to write any feedback below!

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  2. Hiya!

As I am a fond user of Mineplex communities, I do find this idea to be very helpful! I feel it would be very resourceful to see the players you have banned from your community so you could simply unban them from there. There have been occasions where I didn't log who was banned and I honestly forgot who was banned from the community in the first place. As far as invites for the community, I feel that isn't really necessary as players can simply just see the invites from their own perspective. However, I do find this a great idea I just don't know if the invites would be necessary. Overall, a great idea and I give this a +1!

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    Paladise and PROSTONE like this.
  3. Hey!

I definitely agree with this idea. We already have similar ones for your friends list (out going requests and /ignore list) and such features are really really insightful for players. As such, I undeniably want this to be implemented for communities too!

As a community update is bound to happen soon, I really hope that this is added into the pool of ideas that get implemented. Easy +1 from me!

Thanks for sharing,
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. Yo!

I'm in favor of this idea. Having an invite list would be a nice, small feature if you ever need to see who is invited, and of course being able to get rid of the invitation is necessary. A ban list is NEEDED in my opinion. We need to have access to a ban list so we know everyone who is banned from the community, and in that some GUI, you should be able to unban them when hovering over a banned users head. Moving on from that, where would the best place be to put these two options? They shouldn't be placed at the top, similar to the location of the join requests since that space is filled up technically. Possibly putting them in the two bottom corners after clicking "Community Settings" would be beneficial since it seems like a reasonable spot to put them. To be fair, anywhere is a decent spot, as long as it makes sense.

Overall, I like the ideas, especially the ban list one as that would probably be super helpful for a lot of people who own/co-lead a community. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  5. Howdy! Thanks for the suggestion.

I will be marking this thread as processed, as it is on our proposed social update, which can be found here. Keep in mind this does not guarantee it will be implemented, it just means that we approved it <3

Thread Locked>>Idea Processed

Posted Mar 5, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.