• 543 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8981 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Community Commands

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Mathuu, Oct 5, 2019.

?

What do you give this idea?

1. +1

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. -0.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. +0.5

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Undecided / Neutral

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey everyone!

I recently came across this and it bothers me quite a bit. Most of the time, it annoys me that if you want to talk to a certain community, such as StaffRequest, you have to do /com chat StaffRequest and at times it can be very long and tiring to type. My idea is probably making the command shorter if possible? Also, when you switch lobbies or join a game, you always have to repeat the same command every time you switch a server. Just a friendly suggestion and I wanna see people's takes on these.

Suggested command from TooMuchXMas4You - /cchat (com)
    NEW IDEA! - Maybe we could make nicknames for communities, such as SR for StaffRequest.

Posted Oct 5, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 6, 2019
    Dallarth, Animalll, gzen and 2 others like this.
  2. Heyo!

I have seen this idea pop up a lot, and I totally agree. I forgot if it has been denied in the past or not, but either way I would enjoy this idea being added.

For a command, I'm not sure how you would make it shorter. Maybe a /cc (com) but there are other commands that start with cc like community create. The best it could get down to would probably be /cchat (com) or something like that.

For the other idea, I think it would be very useful to have (though I forget if this has been denied before). If it hasn't, then yes, it would be a lot more efficient if this were to be added in. The only issue I would see with this would just be a wrong community chat, but that honestly doesn't matter too much.

Overall, this is a great idea you've suggested here. I'll leave it at a +1 since this is something I'd also like to be added. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  3. Heyo!
    Yea, I agree with @TooMuchXMas4You on this one! Using a command such as /cchat or something like that would absolutely make it easier to type in coms. I understand the way and the command we use now is kind of long and sometimes annoying to use. Hopefully the Mineplex developing team will implement something like this in the future! I can personally relate on how this is painful sometimes, I try to report players frequently if they are rule breakers. The command can sometimes be long for me and it can get annoying if you have to retype the command multiple times in a short time period.

Have a wonderful day!

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  4. Hey!

I would LOVE for this to be added! It is so annoying when I switch l to a different lobby and have to type /com chat (community) again. It would be SO much better for this to be added. I like @TooMuchXMas4You idea for the chat, /cchat (com). I think that would work perfect for this. And whenever you go to another lobby, you do not have to type in that command again. The only time you will have to type it in again is when you want to talk in a different community.

This would help out a lot. If you needed to type something quick in a community for any reason, there ya go. All of this is just a more quick and efficient way of using communities! I give this a +1. Thank you for suggesting this idea!

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    Segwat, Mathuu and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  5. Hi!

I would personally want this to see added. Especially if you are in StaffRequest and you quickly need to report a hacker, then you need to type out /com chat StaffRequest . Typing /cchat StaffRequest is a quick and easier way to chat in StaffRequest, so that the hacker can be caught earlier.

Have a good rest of your day/night!

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  6. I was thinking just this sort of thing. When I joined PPC I didn't realize that there would be a community I was required to join. I like to stay in one community, StaffRequest, just for the reason @Knazamn stated.
    Personally, I would've liked for a default chat community setting to be used, for example, /com default Staffrequest, but even having an easier setting for this sort of thing I'd be grateful for. Good idea, +1.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  7. Hey!

As many others have concluded, this idea would be a fabulous addition! I would be ecstatic to not have to type out the long command for typing in communities with lengthy names or switching between multiple community chats. A shortened command or even a command to set a default com chat to type in, such as suggested by @gzen, would be a great implementation. This does not seem very difficult to change for the developers, and would save time for many users in the community as well as staff members alike. Thank you for suggesting this and I hope it advances to the idea's board!

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  8. Hey everyone!

I have added a new idea in the changelog on the original post. Please take a look and see if you agree!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2019
  9. Nicknames for communities? There's a very limited amount of combinations for just two letters. I guess maybe some of the bigger communities such as ones with over a thousand members could have this, but overall I don't really see that working. I still LOVE the idea of a shorter command for chatting.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  10. I'm pretty sure the command is supposed to be persistent when you switch lobbies. Regardless, persistence has been approved by production. As for the nickname thing, would community leaders set it or would it be predetermined? What happens if people set the same nickname? 0

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  11. Got it. Thanks for your advice!
    --- Post updated ---
    UPDATE: I have now removed the new change I recently put, due to more cons than pros.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2019
    gzen likes this.
  12. I agree with the above; having to type the command only once without having to retype it upon entering a new lobby or game would be convenient. I also wouldn't mind seeing a shortened alias, which would especially benefit members of StaffRequest. Every second would determine a loss or a win when faced with a cheater in some scenarios, and shortening the command to make it easier and faster to request help would be an excellent addition. Overall, I don't really have a problem with shortening the community chat command.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  13. Hey!

I, like many others would love to have this implimented. It is pretty annoying to have to type out /com chat then the community if you are in more than one. While, it can be easy to copy and paste the command or macro it, I do see that not many people set up macros for such commands and have to either type it out or copy and paste. This would be so much shorter and quicker if you only had to do it 1 time and then it being persistent through lobby changes. Or, what I propose is a leader or Co-leader can switch a setting where it's active for everyone so you don't have to do the /com chat etc. Even so, this would definitely be a great addition to add. +1

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    Mathuu likes this.
  14. Hello,
    I think it would be a good idea to be able to use /cchat <community> as suggested by @TooMuchXMas4You . I agree that it can be rather tedious to type out the long command, especially if you just switch lobbies. Implementing this alias along with the ability to stay in community chat when you switch lobbies would be awesome. As for the abbreviations, it could cause some complications and confusion. However, I think it would be very useful for StaffRequest. My suggestion is that the abbreviation SR be added for StaffRequest, but no abbreviations for other communities at this time. I would not necessarily be opposed to abbreviations for other communities, but for now it would be nice to at least have it for staffrequest to save time. Overall, I think these ideas would be very useful to improve upon communities. Thanks for suggesting these, it's a +1 from me! Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    TooMuchXMas4You and Mathuu like this.
  15. Hey!
    Personally I would absolutely LOVE to have this implemented.I think the /cchat [community] command could really improve the QOL in communites, and I %100 agree with not having to type the command every time you join a new lobby. This is a really good suggestion that I would love to have added! You got a +1 from me!
    Have an amazing day!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 6:01 PM
    Mathuu likes this.
  16. I suggest letting the community leaders choose their communities’ initials. It could possibly be anywhere from 2-4 characters and if a community already exists with that name, the initials would get rejected as they can intervene with the other community’s name. Overall, it’s a +1 from me as the command can be useful.

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 11:56 AM
    Mathuu likes this.
  17. This could be extremely useful. Sometimes I lose precious seconds to report an hacker and a staff member gets him when I'm already out of the game. Even typing staffrequest 3 seconds earlier can change the outcome of a game, that's why I totally agree with your idea. +1 from me! Have a nice day :D

-M3k

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 4:00 PM
    Mathuu likes this.
  18. Simple shortcut command, and useful to everyone. Of course, I don't want to type out the long command in chat and waste my time. Everytime when a player assists me in StaffRequest, I have to help them as soon as possible. I agree with shorten out the communities command, and it's not that complicated to implement. I want to add a suggestion to your idea. Maybe add all the short communities command such as /ccreate, /crename, /cmcs, /cdescription, /cdisband, /ccolead, /cban, /ckick, and list goes on. Of course, shorten all of these communties command will be more helpful. At the end of the day, I don't need to type out all the long commands in chat.

I totally agree with this and that's a great idea you have! +1

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    TooMuchXMas4You and Mathuu like this.
  19. I think adding a command to toggle party chat would be useful. Even possibly team chat. It's quite annoying when you accidentally miss the @ and then you speak in public chat. It's just a small suggestion linked with what you're saying.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 10:35 AM
    Mathuu likes this.
  20. Hey!

I just wanted to implement the fact that I too want to put myself on the list of people who would really love to see this addition to Mineplex. I tend to always get confused somehow with the extended commands that we need to type into chat in order to perform a single and simple action. Maybe it’s just me not being able to memorize the commands by now after playing for all of these years but I clearly still forget.

I had multiple incidents the other day when I was trying to figure out what the StaffRequest command was to report a numerous amount of rule-breakers that day. I couldn’t even remember the name StaffRequest itself let alone the entire command to follow it. Again, this might just be me and my brain but I still have a hard time remembering all of the different elongated commands just to perform the simplest of actions.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 11:19 AM
    Mathuu likes this.