• 860 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11920 Players Online
  • 11060 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Community Bank Cooldown!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by mab8400, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I think if anyone here has been in a com before, you know that it can be a bit annoying to see when people spam bank donations. My simple solution is to add a cooldown of around 5-10 seconds between each payment. If this is implemented, it will improve the likeliness that people will stay in communities and will prevent a very common form of spam that I don't believe there are any rules around (correct me if i'm wrong); I get that people may say to just leave the community if it is that bothersome- that is not an option in most cases for me and a few others who use it to contact staff (Not in staff request) or get help from across the server.

So yeah, a pretty simple problem with what I would think to be a simple solution. If you have any thing to add on or change to this idea, elaborate in a comment below! :)

Posted Apr 17, 2020
    Infui, _Prof_, SpitefulNick and 2 others like this.
  2. Hi there!

I love this idea! Whenever people are in Coms they sometimes just spam 100 gems and it kills my chat making it either leave the com or just deal with it which is extremely annoying. I would not mind seeing a small cooldown introduced on it. Maybe something like 3-5s so it isn't to long but it's enough so our chat is not spammed. I mean I haven't really seen people spamming it that much but then again I'm not in many coms and there's no rule against punishing people for spamming it anyways so again, I wouldn't mind seeing a cooldown! Great Idea! +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Wiz2K, Kisme and rolki like this.
  3. Hey,

I am pretty neutral on this, because it could be satisfying to see people spamming gems into communities. But at the same time, chat flooding would be a problem for this. I am fine with the cool down, so I don't have much to say about this. This might not reduce the problem of flooding chat especially if the community is very popular, but it will control how people donate gems to communities. However, many communities that often don't get donations can't really experience much chat flooding, which is why I am neutral with this change. Overall, even though it is somewhat an unnecessary change, I am always fine with a cool down to control the fluidity of how chat is on Mineplex. Nice idea.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Kisme likes this.
  4. Hello!

I like your idea! I don´t have personal experience but i can imagine it being annoying when the chat is being spammed with messages regarding the community bank. Especially, getting spammed during a game is everyone´s worst nightmare. Hope this gets added. +1

Have a great day!

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    hiimfinehello and Kisme like this.
  5. Although this may not be such a huge problem since you can select to donate custom amounts in chat, it does prevent people from trolling. You can still spam commands by donating very little gems one at a time. I cannot tell you how many times my chat has been flooded with these repetitive messages, causing me to mute the community. This is especially irritating for staff who must pay attention to the chat, offputting those who require assistance. During a game, community gem bank spamming blocks necessary messages in chat for team coordination. A 5s cooldown for donating should be best. I am not sure if this was punishable as spam, but if so, this will also reduce work for staff, since that form of overloading the chat will not be possible.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  6. Hello there!

[​IMG]

I am actually quite fond of this idea. The only problem that I could see arising would be people getting annoyed that "it takes forever to donate large amounts of gems to a community at a given time."

Considering there really isn't a command /help list, it may surprise a large number of players that the /com command also has the extension /com deposit [amount] [community]. As a matter of fact, there are many occasions where I end up explaining this command to many people that I know quite well, many of which have been playing on Mineplex for years at this point.

As such, I think it would be quite nice to implement this change with a small QOL update for the /com GUI. Within the deposit screen, rather than having the three gem items that give the options for 1k, 10k, and 100k gems (I think), either remove them completely and just have an anvil GUI that allows you to type in the deposit amount or add an additional item (like a diamond so that it's easily spottable) that gives an option to add a custom amount, with a note stating the minimum amount allowed to be deposited (I think it's 100 gems).

As a side note, I think Mineplex would really benefit from a few QOL updates across the server. GUI changes and redesigns; more flexible command syntax (ability to <tab> community names in /com for example); reimplementing the spawning of cows, pigs, and sheep throughout the lobby; etc. I think would all be really nice small, yet lovely features to see added across the network.

-Dan

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and _Prof_ like this.
  7. Personally I'd rather see a user-end toggle to allow players to decide whether they get these notifications or not. Adding a cooldown to community donations doesn't seem like a perfect solution to me.

If players were allowed to turn off the notifications it wouldn't be such a bother, and yet the donator will still be free to donate however much they like.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    mab8400, _Prof_ and Danese like this.
  8. Hello!

We will mark this thread as Implemented since cooldown for community deposit command was added to the server, so it will prevent spamming that now. You are probably aware of that already but nonetheless, I will reply on that thread to process that.

- Idea Implemented.

Posted Feb 18, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.