• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11508 Players Online
  • 8618 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Communities

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Paladise, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Currently, there are a lot of community problems and other ideas that can make it an even more valuable feature of Mineplex.

Banking System:

One of the most interesting perks to getting Eternal / Immortal and owning a community, however it is one of the less used due to the amount of spam and chat flood generated. To combat this:

Remove message that "<Person> deposited <amount> gems into <community> Bank". This will remove the amount of spam created by players depositing gems into the bank. This will also encourage co-leaders and leaders to turn on the community bank instead of locking it. A benefit of this, is that more players will be able to spend more gems, helping curve out the gem economy a bit.

Add in a Top 10 leader-board within the Community Banking GUI. This will also encourage players to donate gems to a certain community for the hope that they can show up on the leader-board.

Purchase something to show up in the first page of /com. This could help communities that are actively trying to find more members, and more information can be found here.

There are a bunch of other small QoL changes that can be implemented:
    • Add in a time-delay of 10 seconds between deposits, so individual player chats (assuming the message that they deposited gems still shows up) don't get flooded.
    • Add in verification before depositing to ensure players don't accidentally deposit more gems than they want to.
    • In addition to adding a leader-board GUI, perhaps this can also show up in chat when doing /com leader-board <community name>
    • In addition to having the bank GUI, the amount of gems in a bank of a certain community can show up in chat by doing /com bank <community name>
    Community Unlocks:

These unlockables provide a great way to utilize the gems stored in the banking system, however there can be some additional ones.

Add more MCS Themes. This is honestly up for the build team to decide, but adding more themes to the current list can allow players to have more options to choose from (in the process spending more gems). Furthermore, perhaps there can also be unlocks for which time they can set the lobby to differentiate it a bit from MPS.

Move chat colors under community unlocks. So this way if people want to get more colors for their chat, they will need to buy another chat color for their community. This will be a great way to persuade people to use gems on communities, and will help the gems economy a lot. There should be a default like how party chat has a default, broadcast has a default, etc. This can be chosen by LT or can be suggested down below!

Some other QoL changes:
    • Be able to view community unlocks without having to turn on the banking system.
    Community MCS:

This is a great way to get players within a community to bond together, however there can be some improvements (already discussed one above).

Mineplex MCS Themes should update on click and you shouldn't have to restart the MCS. This would be a cool QoL that would show Mineplex’s development caliber.

Add NANO games to MCS. More information can be found here. If this can be implemented into MPS, hopefully it can also be added into MCS.

Add in game voting to MCS. More information can be found here. If this can be implemented into MPS, hopefully it can also be added into MCS.

Receive notification through chat that a MCS is up. This can be a good QoL in case some players don't realize that a MCS is up.

Other Updates:

• Fix all the bugs relating to communities.
    • Add in a leader-board to see which communities have had the most gems donated to within the past week (updates every week). This will further encourage people to donate gems.
    • Add in another privacy setting (called Recruiting?) which allows all players (not only coleaders or leaders) to use the /com invite command.
    • Add in a /com uninvite command similar to how there is a /com ban and /com unban command. This will help if people accidentally invite someone that they don't want to invite.
    • Add in com invite and ban lists, more information can be found here.
    • Revamp /com command to better organize communities
    • Add a search bar for finding players. More information can be found here.
    • Be able to ignore communities. More information can be found here.
    • Automatic community chat. More information can be found here.

Feel free to write any feedback below!

Posted Sep 11, 2020
    Sake, GAM, Legend998 and 2 others like this.
  2. Wow, nice how this got no responses (Tho I can somewhat relate)

Anyways, I really like some of these ideas, and I can tell you put a lot of thought into it!
    My favorite suggestions would have to be the following;

I like this idea, as it can get very annoying when people spam the command

Imo, we should have had this all along. Definitely would love to see this one implemented!

I totally agree with this idea! I know its been brought up a lot but I think the more times the devs see it the more likely it is to be implemented

I don't really need to explain why I like this idea lol

Yep! I agree! I recently made a thread about this as well, (Which can be found here; https://www.mineplex.com/threads/outgoing-community-invites.157927/) so hopefully some of the staff will be able to see it and implement the idea!

This would be very helpful, especially for people who have a large community. Or, another example, lets say someone wanted to see if their friend was in a large community. (ex, StaffRequest) instead of asking the owners to let in the friend, you could search first to be sure they aren't in it already haha

This would be very nice as well, for communities like DaTeams or Equality, because being invited over and over again is highly annoying

However, there are a couple ideas I don't really agree with.
    Those would be the following;

I don't agree with this because I feel like it'd be difficult to keep track of who deposited gems and how many. I think keeping the notification there, even tho it can get annoying, would be just fine with the 10 second cooldown idea you had suggested above

I see where you're coming from for this, but I don't think its really needed. Especially because the players are already used to them being free, so just suddenly making them cost gems seems a little unnecessary, at least imo

Every other idea I didn't mention, I'm neutral on. I wouldn't mind seeing them implemented, but I wouldn't be upset if they didn't get implemented either

Good luck on these ideas! Hopefully some other players/staff will be able to see this and give their input as well :)

Posted Sep 15, 2020 at 3:41 PM,
    Last edited Sep 16, 2020 at 11:36 AM
    GAM, Legend998 and Paladise like this.
  3. I’m gonna help you get this up there a bit. Mineplex listen to this person, please COM’s are a really cool idea but an update like this would make them 100x’s better and hounestly it would help generate more money for you all most likely.

Posted Sep 15, 2020 at 11:03 PM
    ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨ likes this.