• 1302 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6076 Players Online
  • 4774 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Coming back to SSM

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Deodath, Mar 22, 2020.

1. So I have just unlocked all of my SSM achievments for a third time, due to previous two accounts I played in 2014-2016 being lost. Back then my main was Sir. Sheep — amazingly fun to play kit, a great reward to those who would spend days completing all the achievments. 'Cause of the time I lost most of my skills, so it was a pretty hard thing to do. Now, finally, when I am able to get back to playing my main, I find out that it doens't work as intended since 2018! This kit is just dead with Static Lazer nerfed and withouth second double jump, it is unplayable, and it has been so since damn 2018.

I love SSM, it is my favourite Minecraft mini-game, I probably like it better than Minecraft itself. Though I find the state in which it is now bad, if not horrible. For example, kits that I before found to be the most boring and easy to play are now the most hard to fight against. I'm talking about the Wolf and the Creeper. I can be completly destroyed by a player when I'm using Skeleton or Slime, but when I switch to a Creeper I can defeat him without even trying. But Creeper is boring. It shouldn't be that way.

Now though I'm trying to figure out how Villager works, I find it pretty interesting, so some guides or tips would be appreciated.

PLEASE FIX THE WOOLY ROCKET

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Doqg and SpitefulNick like this.
  2. Hi, welcome back to SSM! I believe I saw you in a game a couple days ago, haha.

Yes wolf and creeper are so annoying

And sorry, can't help you with villager :/

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  3. welcome back! You will definitely see a lot of creepers around, as the majority of players I face use it and just spam sulfur bombs. I miss the old sir sheep as well...good times. I have never played villager, and probably never will. I hope to see you in game some time.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  4. Welcome back! Have to agree with wolf and creeper being the most broken kits in the game but that's not to say you can't beat them.

If you want kits that take time to learn but are worth it due to how good you can become with them, try:
    • Golem
    • Guardian
    • Squid
    • Spider
    • Cow

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  5. Personally, when I play SSM in some of my free time I enjoy using kits like cow, pig, skeleton, and skeleton horse. They are all pretty strait forward kits and I think if you've played survival games for a while you would enjoy them!

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  6. I use Villager a lot nowadays, and it's super fun to use! Here are a few tips for using it:

Defense (Orange Dye): The first way to use this is to use this when going against people that are good at pvp but have low armor. The reason being is because you have tons of armor, so you can tank a lot of their hits, but you're bound to hit them a few times which usually kills them (Chicken scenario). The second way to use this is whenever you're just trying to stay alive. You want to use this when you're at medium health (not low), so that you don't get any lower than you already are.

Speed (Lime Dye): The first way to use this is to run away/heal up. You mainly want to use this when you're on the lower end of your health so that you actually have a reason to (if you want to be extra safe, use this when you just want to heal up in general). The second way to use this is to be aggressive. Since you're the fastest kit when using this ability, you can catch people off guard and get tons of hits on them (keep in mind that you have very low armor).

Attack Boost (Red Dye): Try to use your damage boost to your advantage and hit people as much as possible (easier said than done). Try to use this ability whenever you're on the higher end of your health bar. The reason being is because you don't have very good armor while this ability is active.

Make sure you realize what kit you're using because I find myself dying all the time trying to save myself with trade scatter a lot.

I hope this guide helped!

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    Deodath likes this.
  7. Thank you for being one of the few people to recognize sheep as being a fun kit. I main it myself and I find the wooly rocket to be very annoying :(( Although I think it definitely needs to be SSM's turn for an update I don't find the kit to be "unplayable" but just extremely more dangerous to be near an edge or fall into a hole. There is always the method of using it to get the boost in the air and placing a wool mine below you to recover in an unconventional way, but it usually doesn't work.

Know when to switch from class to class. I typically go butcher to get the most damage and when they either start to fight back or run, use speedster to be extremely fast and or chase your opponent. You don't ever really need to use the Blacksmith move unless you need to avoid taking lots of kb.

Other useful info is that when you don't use any abilities, your trade splatter pushes you forwards. When you use speedster it pushes you forward like (spin web does) but Black smith and Butcher pushes you backwards throwing the trade splatter forward (like magma blast).

The sonic hurl is very good and goes through blocks dealing tons of damage (Probably one of the more broken abilities) that typically makes your opponent start to run away which is a great queue to start using speedster or butcher.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Deodath likes this.