• 1213 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5838 Players Online
  • 4625 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Combine solo and teams mode and add a new 1v1 mode for SSM

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by DaGourmand, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Combine SSM Solo and teams and add 1v1

1. Yes this is a good idea

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No keep it how it is

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Keep Solo and teams AND add 1v1

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Keep teams and add 1v1

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. There have been multiple recent threads proposing adding a 1v1 gamemode potentially ranked with an elo system. The idea has been shot down by the staff for dividing the playerbase.

My proposal is removing the teams mode and making teaming allowed in solo mode like it was prior to summer of 2015 to make room for the 1v1 mode.

If a 1v1 mode was added, the other gamemode with 4 players could be a more casual mode with smash crystals while 1v1 could be ranked with an elo system.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    neropatti likes this.
  2. I like the idea but removing team mode might cause people to team in solo. I don't think removing teams is a good idea. I know you can still do run into people who think it's funny teaming in solo mode but removing teams will only give them an excuse. The only way I see this working is if they allow teaming in solo.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  3. If you read the thread I stated that teaming would be allowed as the purpose of the 4 player gamemode would be casual play.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2020
    xEspe0n likes this.
  4. My bad. Well, then this is a good idea. I would love to see some type of competitive SSM mode.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  5. I think this would be good and honestly 1v1v1v1 is a fiesta anyway. So I'm *rather indifferent* as to whether or not teams and solo are or are not combined because if the 1v1 mode was added I would consider condition to be degrees better.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  6. Hey!
    I think in an ideal world where Mineplex had more players this 1v1 idea would make sense but since we don't live in an ideal world; I think while the idea is good, it would make matches for 1v1v1v1 a lot harder to find. -1

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  7. You clearly didn't read the thread. I said to combine the current team and solo modes into a 1v1v1v1 with teaming allowed so there would be enough players in that gamemode as well as the 1v1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 14, 2020
    Crash and TestosteronBulk like this.
  8. I'll have to disagree for a few reasons. I wish Mineplex has a big enough playerbase for 1v1 but it doesn't. I definitely do not think we should get rid of teams and allow teaming in solo.

Teaming in solo just doesn't sound a good idea hearing it. People already team in solo which can get extremely annoying. If people actually wanna play a casual game (alone/solo) they would end up getting teamed up on, possibly by a 3 team. Yes, you can team with others yourself, but this completely gets rid of the point of wanting to play solo. Another problem is that you can accidentally hit the person you're teaming with which can cause problems by accidentally killing them. Another thing to mention is the fact who would get the win? Would you just 1v1. Basically even if you team, you don't both win. Another thing is what about the stats for teams already. They could just combine solo and team stats but that seems a little hard since they have to do wins/deaths/kills/xp/gems etc

Another reason is that you are basically forced into playing 1v1 ELO if you wanna have any type of one on one. You can't play casual anymore since you'll probably get teamed on.

To me this doesn't sound like a good idea to add. If anything it should only be added WITH teams and solos already a gamomode. This will not happen any time soon as the playerbase is low at the moment.

-1 for now

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  9. For the first 2 and a half years of ssm, there was only one mode with teaming allowed and it wasn't as big of a problem as you seem to think it is

OP OP
    Crash likes this.
  10. I don’t think getting 3v1ed is gonna be very enjoyable

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  11. Definitely disagree with this solution. I do want a 1v1 mode but I think this would be one of the worst ways to implement it.
    Not sure what was your experience playing SSM pre teams mode, or if you forgot, but for me teaming was a HUGE issue that made the game way worse. Teaming was incredibly common, and unless you were teaming as well or the teamers were incompetent it was pretty much an instant loss. If this were to be implemented we'll still thankfully have a 1v1 mode to rely on, but I think having 1 complete cancer mode and 1 good mode isn't the right solution.

Due to this imo the best solution would be to remove solos and have a 1v1 + teams mode, I'm not the biggest fan of teams but I think it's still a much better mode than solos with teaming allowed.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  12. That might be a good idea actually. I do think teaming wouldn't get much worse if it was allowed tho. People already team in solo all the time, just most of the time it's in the gray area between targeting and teaming.

OP OP
  13. I did read the thread; it's a bad idea.

1v1 is not going to happen, even though I personally like the idea. If I want to 1v1 someone that bad, I'll just start an MPS and do it there.

Getting teamed on is already a problem and you're just trying to make it worse by making it allowed.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  14. Believe me it's way better now than it was back then, the "gray area teaming" and heavy targeting that is fairly common nowadays is no way near as cancerous as full on teaming every 2nd or 3rd game.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    _NoHaxJustCats_ and Offline like this.
  15. Most teamers aren't very good and as it would be the casual game mode, winning shouldn't matter as much

OP OP
  16. If you getting 3v1 just kill your 3 enemys problem solved. Besides combat makes more fun when there is a real challenge.
    It also feels good when you win a 3v1
    +1 for the Snowmans suggestion

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  17. Allowing teaming would make the game less skill based. I remember teaming and at least for me it was a big problem. Although most teamers are not that good at the game, that doesnt mean there cant be good players that team. Especially since xp and leaderboards make people compete.

I do however agree with the idea of ssm 1v1. However the proposal of making teaming allowed contradicts a few reasons for ssm 1v1 in the first place. No one will play the ffa gamemode and it will likely be mostly 3 people parties on there.

Those defending having teaming allowed are missing the point. If you dont care about 3 people going after you at the same time than what is your problem with the current state of ffa?

For those who play ssm for a while killing teamers is possible. But newer players will come across them and probably get discouraged from the game. There will likely be more teamers if it is announced that teaming is allowed. Back then not many people teamed because a lot of people didnt know if it was allowed or not.

Posted Feb 15, 2020
    _NoHaxJustCats_ and Eroil like this.
  18. It's good

Posted Feb 15, 2020
  19. It's fine the way it is. Thanks to 0 updates the player base isn't big enough that a 1v1 mode would matter anyway

Posted Feb 15, 2020
  20. I think if kits get balanced and smash crystal gets removed it shouldnt be a problem. I doubt mineplex will change any of that either.

Posted Feb 15, 2020