• 317 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2896 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Color Swap- Sylva Map

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by toriwipp, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey just wondering if anyone else finds that the Sylva map on Color Swap is too dark? My friends and I all have difficulties seeing on that map and I wasn't sure if it was just us. It is unfortunate however that this map is still in use because Color Swap is my favorite Nano Game and I can barely play on this map :(
    - Tori

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  2. i have the same problem. you could try using fullbright. it comes with some clients (badlion to name one) and it shouldn't count as cheating (mods correct me if i'm wrong)

also, it's not that it's too dark, it's a shadow glitch from the overhang at the top of the map, i believe. maybe a simple map fix?

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    toriwipp likes this.
  3. This issue is known and will be fixed in future map updates. Long story short, I glitched lighting in the floor to make it easier for players to see. Ironically, however, the light goes away when the color platforms despawn and respawn, resulting in very dark areas that hinder visibility of the floor for everyone. Sorry for the mishap and I hope this clears things up for you!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    toriwipp and ArxCitadel like this.
  4. ah ok lol. i thought it was from the overhang at the top of the map.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    toriwipp likes this.
  5. Heyo!

Like @MASTS said, the map issue is a known issue and will be fixed in a future map update, though the issue is still being tested and will be rolled out on the live server soon! MASTS also did an excellent job explaining why the issue is happening as well so I really hope this cleared up your confusion! I'll be locking this thread as your question has been answered! In the future, feel free to contact @joshuart about map concerns that you have that could be an issue!

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 22, 2020
    toriwipp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.