• 3506 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11944 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Coastal Cliffs - Turf Wars

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by ItzCqnadian, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hello,

This is the map that I've been working on recently for turf wars. It's pretty much done, but there are some thing's here and there that I would like to edit before submitting it, as well as some things I want to add. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Photos of map -> https://imgur.com/a/ldseNFT

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  2. map seems fine to me, i really like the terrain of it. however, even with a good terrain, it feels like its missing something on those hills, like trees for example, but it could literally be anything. i feel like playable area has too much variation of terrain that could stop people from sprinting, so id personally make it a bit flatter. the spawning area could be decorated a bit more, but its not bad, just feels repetitive imo.

the most important thing, however, is: DATA POINTS. no data points were set on a map, and if you dont set them, the map will get denied instantly. please just make sure to put data points before you submit the map. if youre looking for turf wars data points they can be found at https://xen.mineplex.com/threads/arcade-games.88/.

(to learn more about data points, check https://www.mineplex.com/threads/data-points.57/)
    but generally, its a very nice map, i hope for the best though!

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    EwMikey likes this.
  3. yo, to add on to what tea said, you probably shouldnt use water in the playable area (it just doesnt seem right for gameplay); and make sure that the water past the parkour area is blocked off (as well, you'll have to move that "parkour" area because it's over the water). by parkour area i mean https://i.imgur.com/xxKlwCx.png

again, just like tea said dont forget your data points either.

Posted Aug 13, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 14, 2019
    Tea likes this.
  4. Hey,
    I really like what you have made here. The detail of the map is splendid, and the style of the map that you have made is very unique. The map feels extremely open, even more so than current maps, despite the playable area clearly being roughly the same size as current live maps. I love how open the one side of the map is, and how you can see out into the ocean.
    Some feedback:
    1. Currently, the playable terrain looks like it is EXTREMELY difficult to traverse. I like how it's not all flat; however, the terrain needs to be a bit smoother. Maybe only have one or two differentiations on the floor's hight. The floor clearly looks better with differentiating heights, but, at the same time, players need to be able to sprint across the map with ease.
    2. I agree with what those above me have stated, regarding the cliffs missing something. Perhaps you could implement a bit of greenery. Maybe add a few trees to the mix. Something that adds a bit of noticeable green-ness to the map would be appealing to the eye, while also not making the top of the map feel enclosed. I love how your map feels incredibly open, and that is something that mustn't be lost while adding greenery.
    3. I really like how you can see the water next to the map. Maybe you could add some other things into the water, like rocks or even a small animal, like a dolphin. But nothing too large that blocks the view outside of the map. basically just a bit of eye candy.
    4. Your terrain makes use of a lot of grass; however, the areas that consist of the grass are incredibly far away from the action of the map. This results in that grass looking the same as the dirt. Because the tops of the hills are so far away, you might want to consider making use of lime stained clay instead of grass. You could also blend this into the sides of the mountains a bit better. Because the clay will be so far away, it would not look out of place and would assist in adding greenery to the map.
    5. The interiors of the team bases are quite nice. The only thing I would really recommend is adding a tad bit of the team's color on the inside. Maybe add some drapes to the ceiling. You know, nothing too fancy or distracting. just a little bit of color to help players who first spawn instantly know what team they are on as soon as the terrain generates.

Very well made map. I would love to see this implemented in the near future!

-Dan

Posted Aug 15, 2019