• 1301 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8520 Players Online
  • 7219 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clash of the Cakes - Winter Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EmmaLie, Jan 15, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Hello everyone! We’re starting 2021 off right by bringing back official tournaments! You guys have been requesting another tournament for over a year now so we’re excited to announce that we will be hosting another Cake Wars tournament! With the increasing popularity of Cake Wars, we felt like it was a no brainer to revisit Clash of the Cakes and bring you a new & improved version of our previous Cake Wars tournament!

This tournament is a collaboration between CWCL, CLN, & Mineplex and we’ve been working diligently to bring you guys a tournament that is more enjoyable and has more of an incentive to win the entire thing! We’re introducing a brand new exclusive tournament winner cosmetic set, which will also be used for future tournaments. Yes, this isn’t the only tournament we want to bring you guys this year!

Before we get into the bulk of the information, check out the CoTC trailer created by offbread! Big thank you to Rebeliance for creating the tournament keyart as well!

If you’d like to sign up for this tournament, submit this form. Make sure you read all of the information down below before signing up though. Team registrations close on January 29th but don’t take too long because spots may fill up fast.

Registrations will be open from January 15th to January 29th
    Matches will start on January 31st
    Tournament will run for about 8 weeks total

This tournament will consist of two separate stages. The first stage will be played round-robin style, with teams being placed into a group with three other teams. The top two teams from each group will advance to the elimination stage. Should there be a tie in the overall match record, the tie will be broken based on the result of the match between the tied teams. The second stage will be single-elimination, beginning with the 32 teams that move on from the round-robin stage, and continuing until one team is left.

- Each match will consist of 2 teams

- A match win is determined by the team that won that 1 round.

- Round Robin Stage: In this stage, each match will consist of a single round. Your team will play all other teams in the group, and the top two teams from each group will advance.

- Elimination Stage (Rounds 1 and 2, Quarterfinals): Here you will be doing a best out of 3 [3 Matches]. The first team to win 2 matches will progress.

- Elimination Stage (Semifinals): If your team makes it to the semifinals, you will be doing best out of 5 (5 matches). The losing teams from this stage will play in the Bronze Match for 3rd place.

- Elimination Stage (Finals and Bronze Match): If your team makes it to the finals, it will be best out of 5. Whoever wins this round will take 1st place, the loser will take 2nd place and the winner of the Bronze Match will be the 3rd place winner.

- Teams will be scheduled by Tournament Coordinators on weekends so there is a better chance of the teams making it.

- The tournament team registrations will be handled and processed by Tournament Coordinators. Visit https://www.mineplex.com/mclsignups to register your team today!

- You must be in the CoTC discord, join here => https://discord.gg/jdPfQkPv7G

- All games will require you to join the Tournament Discord calls provided.

- You can only apply for your team one time. If you are registering more than one team, all of the teams you applied for will be removed and you will not be able to apply again.

- You must register your team with at least 4 and a max of 12 members (including yourself) as each match will require 4 players per match and you have extra players just in case.

- You must be the “leader” of the team applying for the team and everyone on your roster must be the people that will be playing. If you are caught adding players who did not want to participate, your team will be removed from the event and you will not be allowed to apply again.

- By submitting the application, you agree to serve as the main point of contact for your team. Should you be away for a match, please contact a Coordinator so we can assist.

- Roster changes will be permitted up until the day before the first match of the tournament. Once the first match begins, rosters will be locked and no additions or substitutions will be allowed with the exception of IGN changes for a player already on your roster.

1st place:
    - Exclusive Tournament Winner cosmetics set
    - Rank upgrades for your entire roster, Ultra will go to Hero, Titan will go to Eternal, etc. If you have eternal, you will get Immortal for 3 months. If you have Immortal, you will get an additional 3 months added to your subscription.
    - 50,000 Gems
    - 30,000 Shards
    - 6 Omega Chests
    - Winner Announcement on MP Forums
    - COTC Champion Tag in CWCL and CLN Discord.
    - Hall of Fame mention in CWCL and CLN Discord.

The Tournament Winner cosmetics set includes the following cosmetics:
    - Aura of a Champion
    - Champion's Quiver
    - Champion's Uprising
    - Champion's Demise
    - Tournament Winner Taunt
    - Tournament Winner Title
    You can view all of the particle effects & taunt by visiting this link

2nd place:
    - Rank upgrades for your entire roster, Ultra will go to Hero, Titan will go to Eternal, etc. If you have eternal, you will get Immortal for 2 months. If you have Immortal, you will get an additional 2 months added to your subscription.
    - 35,000 Gems
    - 20,000 Shards
    - 4 Omega Chests
    - Mention in Winner Announcement on MP Forums

3rd place:
    - Rank upgrades for your entire roster, Ultra will go to Hero, Titan will go to Eternal, etc. If you have eternal, you will get Immortal for a month. If you have Immortal, you will get an additional month added to your subscription.
    - 25,000 Gems
    - 10,000 Shards
    - 2 Omega Chests
    - Mention in Winner Announcement on MP Forums

- All of Mineplex’s rules apply: make sure you check www.mineplex.com/rules.

- Matches will start at the assigned date and time. You will be messaged by a Coordinator 30 minutes before your team is scheduled to play.

- If any team has fewer than 4 players, that team must play with the number of players they have.

- Tournament staff will not be able to officiate a game that their team is playing in.

- You are allowed to have an extension during a game if both teams agree.

- CWCL approved maps are the only maps to be played; A Piece Of Cake!, Azure Breeze, Bucolic, Doggy Business, Incendium, SSSnake, and Sanctuary

A1) The following rules are upheld during the tournament:

A1a) All games will be played as 4v4s. Team Leaders are allowed to agree to a 5v5.

A1b) A team is allowed, unlimited Warriors.

A1c) A team is allowed a max of 1 Archer.

A1d) A team is allowed a max of 3 Builders.

A1e) A team is allowed a max of 1 Frosting.

A1f) No excessive skybasing/camping on a high point of the map (determined by a staff member - matches have to flow).

A1g) The use of obsidian is completely banned in all situations.

A1h) Building significantly under the map is not allowed. You may not camp or glitch under the map.

A1i) Players may not block up holes above the void (holes at the middle island) excessively for the purpose of creating FPS lag.

A1j) Teams will use Green and Yellow islands in all maps. The lower-ranking team will on Green, and the higher ranking team will be on Yellow.

A1k) No duplicating of any kind - may warrant a gameplay ban as well.

A1l) Polly the Sheep will not be allowed until the game time has reached 10 minutes.

A1m) The GWEN Taunt, Banquet death effect, and the Present Danger Death Effect are not allowed.

A1n) The “NoHitDelay” modification is not allowed under any circumstances. If you are caught using this modification during a competitive match it will result in a match disqualification.

A2) Screensharing

A2a) We will be conducting screenshares in this tournament.

A2b) Screenshares will be called at the discretion of Referees and Coordinators.

A2c) Suggestions will be permitted, but staff members are not obligated to act on them.
    A2d) You are required to have an antivirus (or Windows Defender) enabled throughout competitive matches. Failure to do so will result in a blacklist.

A2e) Anyone found to be cheating will be blacklisted from playing in the tournament and will be blacklisted from the CWCL. You will also be banned from the Mineplex Server. You can find more information about blacklists in the CWCL Rulebook, which can be found here. (Note: Not all CWCL rules apply for this tournament.)

A3) Agreements

By signing yourself and your team up for CoTC, you agree to the following statements.

A3a) RULE AGREEMENT

While playing in the CoTC Tournament, you agree to follow any and all rules listed in this document and any other official document of the CoTC.

A3b) CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT

While playing in the CoTC Tournament, you agree to be respectful and kind when interacting with other CoTC affiliated players, staff, and partners.

A3c) CHANGE OF CODE AGREEMENT

While playing in the CoTC Tournament, you understand that this rulebook may change at any time. You also understand that it is your responsibility to check back and update yourself on any and all rules. You also agree that you will follow any and all rules, no matter how old they are, or if they were not updated into this rulebook.

A3d) COORDINATOR POWER AGREEMENT

While playing in the CoTC Tournament, you agree to abide by decisions made by the Coordinator team or groups directed by these powers to make or enforce decisions and rules. You also understand that the Coordinator team has the final say in all decisions, whether they disregard these rules or in rare cases go against rules listed in this rulebook.

A3e) COMMON SENSE AGREEMENT

While playing in the CoTC Tournament, you agree to use common sense regarding conduct that may affect the CoTC in any way.

A3f) DISCORD AGREEMENT

As a user of the CoTC Tournament discord, you agree to follow and abide by all discord rules and understand how to use common sense when it comes to conducting related to the discord server.

A3g) TEAM AGREEMENT

If you decide to apply your team to the CoTC Tournament, you agree not to disband the team within a week of admittance to the CoTC Tournament, and understand that this will result in a suspension from submitting a team application for the remainder of this tournament. You also should understand that it is your responsibility to schedule the games assigned to you by the CoTC coordinators, and failure to do so will result in a penalty. You also understand that all players on your team are your responsibility, and if a player in your team is found violating league rules and regulations, it will negatively impact your team.

A3h) SCREENSHARE AGREEMENT
    By participating in the CoTC Tournament, you consent to being screenshared. When being screenshared in the CoTC Tournament, you agree to give the Referee access to join your anydesk and give them mouse control. Any league Coordinator or Referee are able to request a screenshare, in competitive and casual matches. Failure to follow a Coordinator or Referee’s directions can result in a blacklist. Leaving after being frozen, or when the lobby is frozen (Meaning you are not allowed to leave until the lobby has been unfrozen) then it will result in a blacklist.

Feel free to contact any of the following if you have any questions or concerns, thank you!

IGN - Discord
    Alexqndra - Alexandra#5995
    Cocomonsters - Coco#9000
    Cuwa - elise#3333
    Fricketyfrackety - ethan#8972
    Jarif - Jarif#1082
    Michexl - micheal#7676
    Nadri - hen#3648
    RealMrAKA - Atkins#6969
    Stnl - a.#5678

Posted Jan 15, 2021,
    Last edited May 7, 2021
    xWand, Loofii, TheMuffinM and 22 others like this.
  2. woooo good luck everyone

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  3. cake wars !? cant wait to compete against the "good players" who main this game!

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  4. Good luck to everyone who participates!

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  5. This has been in the works for so long and I'm finally happy that I got to see it happen <3<3

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  6. Good luck to everyone participating, can't wait to see what other tournaments you will bring us this year!

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Jarif likes this.
  7. excitingggg! :o

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  8. Which closet will win the 1st place cosmetics and omegas. Find out next week on Mineplex.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  9. Looking forward to help manage this tournament. Good luck to all!

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  10. Tournaments are back after 2 years! I'm sure some people who wanted to see the official tournament with unique cosmetics prizes are so excited as well as some other people. Good luck to all participating teams!

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  11. Nice to see this, good luck to everyone who joins!

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  12. Good luck players! I was going to join but I am very busy right now :(

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  13. Hello there!

Glad to see the tournament events are coming back this year! I cannot wait to see any contestants who are going to be participating this time. I wonder if someone can do the live stream too. That’s going to be way more fun. I cannot wait to see the brand new tournament!

I want to wish them the best of luck for everyone! :)

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    EmmaLie and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  14. sounds great, but just wanted to confirm;

30,000 shards for first place or 3,000? Currently says 30,00
    Same issue with 2nd and 3rd place; says 20,00 and 10,00

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  15. I don't know what happened with the copy and paste but I fixed it lol thank you

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2021
    hommes likes this.
  16. What about closeters who join?

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Renchaku, TCN14 and Paladise like this.
  17. Good luck to everyone! I've been excited for this for a long time! <3

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  18. Wow! I’m super excited to see something like this make an appearance on the Network. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like this before, or at least from what I can recall. Good luck to everyone who may be entering and I can’t wait to see how this goes!

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  19. It's very interesting to see efforts from the CLN community be included in events more officially. I hope everyone looking forward to participating in this event enjoys their time doing so!

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  20. Super excited to see this make a return, I can't wait to see who wins!!

Posted Jan 15, 2021