• 1049 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3628 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Clans]

Discussion in 'Clans' started by MelonHead15, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Hello, my Idea is that the end of each season of clans the top 3 clans would get rewards for each server or top clan if it is a smaller server the top clans will be measured by the following variables territory, members and amount of gold. I would include legendaries but from what I know they're impossible to track to a certain clan.

The top 3 clans would get gems the rewards would be something like

* Please know the gem rates will be determined of the number of players in the clan *
    I was thinking 5k gems per person and they only receive the gems if they have been in the clan for at least one month.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  2. Hello MelonHead15,
    Myself being a fan of clans and playing it often, I wanted to give some feedback and my opinion. I would have to disagree with rewarding the top three clans of a server for a couple of reasons.
    To start off, there would be several more variables to take into account, other than the ones that you stated. I would not include territory, since base size does not really matter in determining wealth, instead I would suggest measuring the gear of a clan. By this I mean the amount of sets, ores, rares, etc. that a clan has. I also have an issue with including clan members into the equation, since the problem with this would be that, for example, there may be a clan with twelve players in it, but they may not be the greatest PVPers, whereas another clan may have three members, and all of them are very good at PVP. That is why it would be difficult to base clan ranking off of the amount of clan members in a clan. Also, I am not sure how you would measure a clans amount of gold?
    The message that I am trying to get across is that it can be very difficult to measure a clans wealth on anything really. That brings an idea to mind to simply measure a clans amount of gear that they have in their claims, but it would be easy to bypass this. Nearing the end of a season, clans could come together and combine gear in order to be one of the top clans. Finally, this brings me to my last question. I am not sure how the server would be able to calculate the amount of gear in a claim, since it would not be a smart decision to read every chest to determine how much gear is in it, because this may create a lot of lag.
    I did like the idea here, that if this would be implemented, that only long-time members would be rewarded for their skill and clan wealth to prevent adding players last minute so they receive a free reward. However, I would maybe also vary rewards from clan member to clan member based on how many kills they got and how active they are on clans.

Thank you for sharing your ideas with the community. Have a great day!

Posted Dec 8, 2018
  3. Hey,
    I do like the basics of your idea. However, there is some concerns with the idea and these are as followed -

1 - The items you have given are not the only things that define if a clan is good or not, we would need to implement a better system that would allow us to know which clan would win.
    2 - It would be quite hard to determine the winners

Other than those I do really like your idea, I feel that it would reward players for doing well. I think the rewards could range from gems, chests or shards. It could depend on how well the clan does.

Posted Dec 8, 2018
  4. Going on your idea of how many kills we oculd add thing like how many ores are mined in the mining area also if I think it's better to rate the kills on a K/D ratio since people could have like 20 kills but then died like 100.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah, I could see that as said above we could remove the land and members and maybe thinks like pvp mining and how many rares legendaries you get.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 9, 2018
  5. Thanks for replying MelonHead15!
    I would definitely agree with basing the system off players' K/D ratios. A problem with using players' kills or K/D ratio would be that players could just farm kill other players, and this would be unfair and drastically change results. As for your other idea to base top clans off how many ores they mined at fields I feel would be unfair. Usually, players go to fields at SOTW to craft sets out of that, but as we get into the season, clans are so rich that they do not need to go to fields to mine, but mainly to PVP. Whereas the smaller clans with 1-2 players go to fields in order to craft a set out of what they mined. Also, some clans just don't want to "waste their time" mining at fields and instead PVP, and if mining at fields would differ a clan from being first or second, then it sort of forces players to grind fields, in other words mining nonstop to be first on the leaderboard! Let me know what you think.

Posted Dec 9, 2018
  6. Ok so I responded to this in the MPD so I'll just copy & paste that, sorry for my errors in advance...

There have been several variations of the "Top Clans" idea over the months, there are also many different opinions on the matter but I'll just say right now I personally don't really like the concept in general. However I'll try to comment on this one specifically

- Having the variables of amount of players in your clan or territory you have don't really show any skill, achievement, effort, etc that would normally make a clan a "Top Clan". It really just shows you have a lot of people which isn't too much of a feat or thing to compete with. Alts can also be a factor here which can cause players to get an unfair lead

- Just a thing w/ most of these ideas in general, you can easily win top clan by grinding or doing the goals needed for top clan on dead servers, at a lower standard too due to decreased or no competition. However ig you could get this with scaling rewards based on players or something?? I dunno because clans server popularity can fluctuate over the season and that can get complicated

- Also a thing w/ most of these ideas. In your example you included "Gold" as a factor which is an item worked for, obtained doing raids, events, fighting players in general, etc, etc. Other similar ideas have legendaries, rares, gold tokens, warpoints, stuff like that too which really emphasize competition. At this point my biggest concern comes in...

Cheaters & the Community

Having competitions like this and giving rewards to top players only would create unhealthy competition in the clans community. People are already toxic enough, many abusing any glitch or using any client they can get their hands on to make their clan richer or more powerful by unfair means. This happens quite frequently WITHOUT incentive right now, and that cheating issue would only get amplified when an incentive like rewards based on wealth is factored in. Cheating clans also frequently closet cheat and use alts so it can be a long process to get rid of them too. W/ cheating clans dominating any type of leaderboard system like this, competition and morale is decreased among the actual legit players since they're at such a disadvantage

While it is true many cheaters have rather temporary clans, there is also a chunk of them who run surviving clans for months because of closet cheating and use of alts, as mentioned these clans can stick around due to the tougher punishment nature of those methods. Also even legit clans often don't stay on the same server forever too, people move to the popular server all the time which switches around from time to time. However a 1 month rule is still better than nothing, a good addition to these types of ideas

- Last but not least the reward is just too low imo. 5k gems is barely anything for playing a Clans season for a couple to several months, let alone winning a "Top Clan" competition. You will burn much more gems in that time period by just converting dailies, and you can easily get 5k gems from playing a few other games on the network

Sorry if I have a pessimistic view on this

Posted Dec 9, 2018
  7. Although I've always liked the idea of rewards for people at the top of Clans, I don't think it would work well in practice. As numerous people have stated on this and other similar threads in the past, it changes the environment into a more competitive and potentially more toxic environment. It also gives greater incentives to abuse bugs and cheat, which are not exactly desirable things.

That said, a small gems reward just for playing a certain amount isn't a terrible idea in my opinion, as last I checked you don't actually earn anything for playing clans and so getting a few gems at the end of each season would be cool.

Posted Dec 10, 2018
  8. I definitely agree with you on this part.
    I feel differently about this suggestion. First of all, clans players do not play Clans in order to get rewards outside of clans, but rather to see how many legends they can gain, how many dubs they can fill, and just to have fun. When you say "getting a few gems" I would not agree to add this, at least not unless you get these after completing achievements, which have been in discussion about adding these to clans. I'm not sure on how that stands right now though. I feel like only giving a few gems wouldn't be worth adding this reward to clans as well. It would take some developer time to add this, as well as some planning on how many gems to give. Also, I surely would not agree on rewarding them after a certain amount of time played because players can easily go afk for a couple of minutes and have that go towards their count. As well as, in SOTW many players have to sit in queues for hours while others are already online, which wouldn't really be fair to those waiting. However, if this would be added, I would like to see a feature similar to the "clock-out" one in NANO Games where you can collect them when you wish. This way, if players only need a few more gems to buy their daily's is shops, then they can.

Have a great day, and let me know what you think of my responses!

Posted Dec 15, 2018
  9. It's mostly so they can invest more gems back into the game. While I'm all for encouraging people who play Clans to play other games, perhaps them not needing to play other games quite so much to get those 1000 gems to convert to gold would be wise, as Champions and Clans are games that are extremely beginner unfriendly.

Achievements idea I like. I was thinking it would just be a flat rate, but if you get a few gems (and I mean really just a few) for some rather simple achievements such as claiming some land, crafting a set, getting Legends (only being the original owner, as otherwise you could just swap them back and forth), and getting sieges on other Clans that would be pretty cool.

Posted Dec 15, 2018
  10. I agree with this, it seems fair! :)
    I really like this idea, it is a great alternative to giving gems for In-game time on Clans. It will also encourage players to go beyond their "comfort zone" and explore the map, get gems for completing different tasks, and it will teach new players how to play clans. That is because when a new player sees the achievements, they will know how to do something, or try to in order to learn. For example, if an achievement is something like, "Buy 1 lapiz Lazuli block in shops." This way they will be familiar on how to purchase different items in shops. However, in order to keep achievements from becoming a waste of time, you wouldn't have to purchase every single item from shops.
    Let me know if you have any other ideas!

Posted Dec 15, 2018
  11. Late, but I've moved this thread to the Clans section of the forums as per request of an Ideas Team member.

Now, I don't play Clans so I won't really be able to help you out much with this one, but I kind of like the idea. It would be a good system to put in place for those who are very skilled at Clans, and I just think it would be a good way to reward them for all the work they put in. Unfortunately, there are some flaws that I can see happening. As said by one of the players above, it would be pretty hard to determine the winners. I think it would just put extra strain on the Clans Management team (if, I presume, they would be the ones dealing with this). Maybe there would be a system put in place to help determine the winners, although I'm not sure how that would work out.

I look forward to seeing further discussion here, and apologies that I couldn't provide much insight as I'm not a Clans person.

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  12. ab sent got mod

Posted Jan 14, 2019