• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8014 Players Online
  • 5124 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clans Sandbox Gamemode

Discussion in 'Clans' started by pupet, Jul 16, 2020.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  1. Mineplex should make a new mode of clans called Sandbox. You should be able to use legendaries freely and unlimitedly and 1v1 opponents in small arenas. This mode will be used as a practice mode. Thoughts?

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    NightmareWubz likes this.
  2. If this were added nobody would play clans. If they were bored and wanted legends they would just go here instead. After everyone plays this instead, it gets bland fast (because it would basically be a kit pvp thing) and people would quit that. Then clans and this game would both be dead.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  3. I’ve seen this suggested countless times. This is an example of rejecting a popular idea for the best of the community. Adding a server that you can do anything you want in is basically S4. It devalues all material in the game and makes it purposeless. As NDC stated above, players would quit Clans for this sandbox version, then quit sandbox even sooner because it will get repetitive easily.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Daskyrules1 and H3cks like this.
  4. I thought I was going to agree with the implementation of this, but after seeing the responses above, I have to disagree with it. While I love the idea of a clans sandbox, it would negatively impact the game and would cause many people to only play the sandbox and then quit the sandbox and clans because the sandbox became too repetitive, but they'd rather not start over again in clans, since they did anything they wanted to do in the sandbox. If the playerbase was bigger, (around 10k more players) I think this could work, but with the current player base, this would end up becoming the beginning of the end of clans. Your idea is great, but it can't be implemented if we want clans to have a long future.

Posted Jul 20, 2020
  5. Clans would have a bigger playerbase if it received frequent updates and bug fixes. I'm talking about like 1/3rd of the server playing clans at a time, because people would actually play it if stuff was new.

Posted Jul 20, 2020
  6. I love the idea of sandbox clans but, I agree with the people that were talking above me. I have a new idea that relates to what you said. Maybe have a game mode in the Mineplex player server that is legend 1v1s? I feel that not having a whole server would allow people to still play clans. With this new addition people that smack talk and say that they are better with legends, can duel it out. Also if you just wanted to practice using legends against people this would allow you to.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  7. This could work as a limited-time premium MPS mode, using the immortal shop.

Limited time meaning you would get access to the mode for x hours.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  8. Hey!
    As others have said, I don't think this should be an actual clans server itself. Legends give people a reason to play clans, it's something to grind for. If you just hand them out left and right it may be fun at first, but then it turns into S4 where if everyone has them they lose all value. What's the point of getting on to play if everyone has legends, you've removed the point of grinding for items as there isn't anything left to grind for. I would enjoy seeing casual transformed into a kit map where new players would be given the chance to learn about champions kits without risk of losing sets to more experienced players. But I think legends should still remain rare. Even if you were to make it a kit map, legends give people a reason to play and grind. Even if you have access to endless kits you would still have to complete events and raids to gain legends and rares, so there is still a reason to play.

I would enjoy seeing either the Event Squad / CM team hosting Legend events in an MPS or an Immortal Shop "Clans Sandbox" mode where you can essentially create rares, legends, and runes like a CM member would be able to in clans. But the Sandbox should only have a limit of 2 players, as this should just be used for legend 1v1s or testing armor/rares and not for people to have massive fights in. If something like this were to be added there still has to be a reason for people to play clans, otherwise, you are driving the player base away which isn't something we want to do. I think this might be best left to the Event/CM team where events can be hosted in a controlled environment.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  9. Original reply:

TL;DR:

This shouldn't be a clans server. It may be fun at first, but if everyone has them they lose all value.
    Legends give people a reason to play clans, it's something to grind for. If there is nothing to grind for, there's no reason to play the game.

Instead, we could transform casual into a kit map. New players would get the chance to learn all about clans without excessive grinding.
    Legends and rares would still be rare, giving you something to grind for, despite having endless kits.

I would enjoy seeing either the Event Squad / CM team hosting Legend events in an MPS or an Immortal Shop "Clans Sandbox" mode for 1v1s where you can spawn in items, including rares & legends.

If something like this were to be added there still has to be a reason for people to play clans, otherwise, you are driving the player base away which isn't something we want to do.
    This might be best left to the Event/CM team where events can be hosted in a controlled environment.

Posted Jul 28, 2020