• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3302 Players Online
  • 3302 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clans Reports

Discussion in 'Clans' started by IDunnoMyABCs, Apr 18, 2021.

?

Should you be able to add/edit things in a clans report after you post it?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. A lot of people report someone on clans and then a few hours later, they get another clip on the same person. It would be nice if you could edit the report and just add another clip to it so there isn't "insufficient evidence" to report someone

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  2. Just don’t make your report with evidence that you know isn’t enough. Just wait to have enough to include all in one original post.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  3. there is probably not going to be an edit button with reports. a couple of tips though: normally 2-4 second clips cant stand alone for an FR, make sure their name is clear, as well as the clan name. If it ever gets denied for Insufficient evidence all you have to do is re-make the report with all evidence that you've gathered.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Jarif likes this.
  4. Hey!

It can take a while for reports to be processed, so of course you might uncover some new evidence on a player. However, you shouldn't really feel the need to include this unless you believe the evidence in the previously submitted report is insufficient. And that circles back to what the others have said above: make sure you have enough proof before filling out a report. It's not a big deal if you don't because it's Reports Patrol's job to sift through it, but you should at least be confident in your evidence. If you yourself know you don't have enough, take that extra bit of time to gather more. I know you might think time is of the essence, but it's actually quicker in the long run as it reduces the chance of the report being denied and then having to go and record again.

Short clips are fine if hacking is blatant, but I'd recommend longer. If you want to continue recording evidence on a player post-reporting them (in case it's denied) then go for it. And in any case, if you encounter the player breaking a rule more severe than what you originally reported, then report them again so they can be punished for a higher offense.

In short gather as much evidence on a player as possible. Think from an outsider's perspective of someone watching the video to determine whether the rule-breaking is clear. If you need more evidence, then gather it to secure your chances and so you run less risk of enduring having to do it all over again.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  5. Another thing I forgot to add you could always just DM an RPC member with the, link to your report, and the other evidence you've gathered

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  6. This actually wouldn’t work as all the evidence has to come from the report itself. Staff members aren’t allowed to use evidence forwarded to them through the forums, Discord, or any other platform. This is because it’s important to have all the evidence on file for reference if the player appeals their punishment, where anyone with access to the Reports Archive can go back and review it if needs be. I understand why you might think this is an option, but sadly not - the RPC member will most likely just direct you to the reporting form.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    Lord_Galyen likes this.
  7. I would like to see a different command to ./report for in game play. I’d like to see clans have there own command similar to ./report but just clans so it doesn’t just get thrown in with all the other reports on mineplex. The command could be ./clansreport

Posted May 13, 2021
  8. Personally what I did when I wasn't a staff member is gathered enough evidence that when I looked at it there would be absolutely no doubt that the person was hacking. For normal hacking offenses that usually means a 10-40s clip, but for certain Clans offenses that time may be longer. I personally suggest not reporting until you gather enough evidence that, looking at it, you can't possible imagine someone denying it for insufficient evidence, or mass-report at the end of the day/your game session.

If you report someone and then get more evidence on them, you're free to submit a completely new report. There's nothing against doing so! But I would personally wait until I'm 100% sure.

This could work but I doubt would happen anytime soon, so feel free to /report normally under the Hacking/Gameplay categories. Also, don't forget to request to join the StaffRequest community with /com join StaffRequest. I watch it a lot and there are barely any clans reports in there, and it's definitely worth a shot reporting there - blatant hacks, like fly or speed or kill aura, can easily be taken care of. Even if it's something like bug/ability exploiting, take a shot at reporting it there anyways; a staff member knowledgeable of Clans might be online and ready to help.

Posted May 13, 2021
  9. There is a community called clans request if you would like to join it. That is where most of us clans players report hackers

Posted May 14, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  10. Isn't clans request just incredibly dead?

Posted May 14, 2021
  11. Ah I see. The more you know. No harm in using StaffRequest as well, though, as it's the most popular community within the staff team and there are some Moderators that are confident in punishing within Clans in there.

Posted May 14, 2021
  12. There are some harms to using staff request. Oftentimes hackers will have alts/friends in staff request and will just toggle off or down when reported there.

Posted May 14, 2021
  13. That is true. The only two other options then are forum reports and the Mineplex Discord. For both, the suspect won't know they're getting reported, and, for Discord, you don't need any evidence. There aren't that many reports sent in through the MPD so someone would be able to handle it pretty quickly.

Posted May 14, 2021
    Lowfears likes this.