• 275 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2359 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clans Hackers

Discussion in 'Clans' started by lolitsjakeyh, Nov 10, 2019.

?

Should they revamp Gwen or get a better anti cheat?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    Hello, I am here standing up for something that has to been tried to be done but very sloppily and at this rate it doesn’t even work. And it’s Gwen. Specifically Clans and Cake wars, it’s filled with hackers and they don’t get banned. They’re probably the most popular games on mineplex. On casual clans it’s simply impossible to play without fighting hackers. People are flying around 100 million miles an hour flying and speeding in moats everywhere. Gwen’s simply inexistent. Please clans devs/ devs just get an anti cheat all you guys do is just sit there and reel in money. The least you can do spend is spend $100 on an anti cheat that can detect someone speeding around. For gods sake a free anti cheat can detect a hacker flying around the map a million miles an hour it’s honestly stupid. Some free anti cheats are good and Gwen isn’t even an anti cheat really it just flies around you and doesn’t do anything. I can bet a lot of people quit mineplex and definitely clans because of the garbage anti cheat.. If you guys agree please put your answers in the polls to get these devs to make the server great again. And owners if you’re not committed how about you sell the server so we can have fun.

Posted Nov 10, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 10, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  1. we don't have a gwen dev. it sucks but that's the way it is :/ i'd say you should try hardcore but tbh i'd take bhop phase and fly over the closeters in hardcore anyday

edit: i like how student came back from the dead just to comment on this post lol

Posted Nov 10, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 10, 2019
    Xion, GAM and SpitefulNick like this.
  2. Oversimplification, Hasty Generalization, and likely False Dilemma. Add a bit of Hyperbole and that about completes it.

Gwen is not perfect, no anti-cheat is. But it is consistently tweaked and updated which is a lot more than you can say for some games. It does a lot more than "fly around you", that is the only part you can see. Often times you do not see the bans, and how Gwen bans allows for temporary "immunity" in order to make it difficult for hack client developers to bypass (see: Ban Waves).

It is really hard to have enough knowledge to make criticism of the Anti-Cheat, but I can certainly say it does work and that more than a $100 have been put into it. I have found few cheaters that are not picked up by the Anti-Cheat in some form.

Also, this is semi-insulting to QA (who primarily are unpaid). /shrug

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  3. As @matrixyst mentioned, we don't have an anticheat developer, which makes it hard to get Gwen updated to be a better anticheat. The developement team are currently looking for an anticheat developer, to fix this problem. I know it's frustrating to see so many hackers, but the best you can do is report them.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  4. From person experience of watching people hack GWEN does not work. It's very easy to get a compleatly free trash client and b-hop, jesus, spider, and fly around mineplex. While "no anti-cheat is perfect" it feels like mineplex isn't even trying. Given the number of ranked players mineplex must be making at least some cash they could use to hire a GWEN dev. Even if they're completely broke it would probably be possible to find some dedicated players who have at least some knowledge of programming.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  5. What you don't see (generally, there are and will be exceptions, I can think of a few) are the same accounts hacking 1-2 days later. Not instantaneous, unfortunately.

You give and take.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  6. We don't have a anti cheat Dev, and the devs are "doing there best" to fix the issues. The devs are overwhelmed, with so many things to fix and so few people fixing it. We probably will not get a dev for anti cheat but idk. It might get better but mineplex as a whole isnt very productive any more.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  7. Wait so the anti-cheat finds a hacker then bans them two days later?

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  8. Hmmm. I've seen a lot of people recently and in the past complaining about GWEN, I even did at one point. I love Mineplex a whole lot and would hate to see it fall, so I think that they should work on the anti-cheat. The thing is that Developers are not cheap at all, and also have to constantly be working on updates for games. I would imagine that Mineplex has developers currently working on an anti-cheat. The anti-cheat works decently well, but the thing is that all these clients will keep updating so that they can bypass GWEN. This happens on popular, or even not as popular servers. One way to cope with this is by reporting players. Mineplex has a very cool feature where you can type /report and game to report a player for a lot of different offences. Staff usually get back to these reports very quickly. Another way is to use /a in game. When you use /a it appears on a staff members screen and they will come check it out. Another way is by joining any of the community that help ban hackers such as Staff Request or Clans Request. The final way is to get video evidence and post it on the forums. You can report a player here https://www.mineplex.com/reports. This is just my opinion on the subject, so its not right at all. Hope everyone is having a great day! 3>

-GAM

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  9. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2019
  10. That sucks man. With that proof he will be able to appeal and get un-banned with little to no trouble. As I said above GWEN has some problems with it. Mineplex developers are working hard to fix this. I'm really sorry for what happened to your friend. Hope you have a great day!

-GAM
    --- Post updated ---
    Almost forgot, your friend can make their appeal right here ---> https://www.mineplex.com/appeals
    Or if it was a clans ban here --->https://www.mineplex.com/clans-appeals

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  11. It does this using Ban Waves, basically, identifies cheaters, puts them on a ban list, after some time it runs through the ban list. This is to reduce the likelihood of client developers knowing what hack got the account banned. There are some that instantly ban, but generally most are done by ban waves. Disappointing in the moment, but better overall. This is why it can feel like cheaters are not being banned, but in reality it is a byproduct of delaying client developers which leads to an overall better experience.

Now only if Microsoft/Mojang would deal with the alt accounts...

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  12. they DID... for about 3 seconds. wonder where we'd be if they followed through with that as well as shutting down hacked client dev teams

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  13. If only they were backed by a multi-billion dollar company with the resources to individually deliver cease and desists to every single hacked client developer globally (hyperbolizing here, obviously they would want to send a team of lawyers to each developer's house to serve them too)

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  14. That's not the case for the majority of hackers. The hacker that I know IRL has never once been banned by GWEN, only by staff, and doesn't use a very up-to-date client. It's people like you who believe that the anti-cheat is fine that's causing this inactivity.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  15. yea, if only. oh well, dude. guess hypotheticals are just that, huh?

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
    • This user has been warned for General Rudeness [1].
    Dude, he's pointing out an extremely obvious problem that is not being taken care of. Mineplex is literally becoming a joke for people to join in an hack whenever they please. This server makes a LOT of money from PPC, ranks, and it's shop. There are DEFINITELY enough funds to get a better anti-cheat. We all know that there is no perfect anti-cheat. But GWEN is a JOKE. It's not even an anti-cheat, it's just sitting there doing nothing; not to mention the very false "GWEN wave has banned 4321 players this week". The server needs to WAKE up and take action. I got false banned a couple weeks ago without any warning, notice, or proof to why I was banned. Meanwhile, closeters, bhoppers, and exploiters are just taking this server as a funny joke. I mainly play Survival Games, and I swear I am telling you the truth, at least 70%(AT LEAST.) of the games I play have a bhopper or SEVERAL; not including possible closeters. Mineplex needs to have a HIRED TEAM of people who SOLEY take care of hacking and shady activity. People can volunteer when the FEEL like it. Not when they are needed. Don't get me wrong, the staff team is great for giving their effort and time to make this server better. But they are not "required" to do a lot of things; like join Staff Request. There are times where there are absolutely 0 staff on the server and Mineplex turns to complete anarchy; bypassing filters, bhopping, spam bots, you name it.
    --- Post updated ---
    /report is for ranked players only. So a good chunk of the server is not able to do this. Likewise, staff are sometimes not available at all because none are on.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sad to see this post get a Sev 1 Rudeness Warning. Really sad. Because you are stating facts that people are trying to deny for some reason. GWEN is not a person so idk if this is some kinda of joke.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  16. Sources? Most clienting is closet cheating now. Stuff like Damage Indicators on Forge Modpacks don't even work. Yes there will be clients that bypass GWEN, of course. But it has been a very long time since I've seen a bunny hopper on Clans, and I'm only talking about Clans because that's what this thread is focused on. GWEN gets 90% of our blatant hackers. Our staff get the other 10% almost instantly, because even though GWEN does not ban them, basically NO hacked client doesn't come up on staff GWEN notifs. Often times, staff will get the notifs, but GWEN will not ban due to it not being able to confirm. Coupled with player reports, we've got a solid system going on. One that desperately needs improvement, but sure, but it's not the "emergency" culture it's being made out to be.

Best Regards,
    - Fallen

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  17. 1st: Where are you getting your information, I've been B-hopped on today and saw a fly hacker just five minute ago. I've seen people hack IRL and can confirm that 90% of blatant hackers DO NOT get banned. Staff also do not "instantly" get all the others. As anyone who's tried to get a hold of a staff member can say.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  18. They really tightened down GWEN recently, I got false banned yesterday, I guess that is the only consequence for having a really tough anticheat. I guess it will catch more hackers though, which is an upside.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.