• 1311 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5566 Players Online
  • 4255 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clans Events

Discussion in 'Clans' started by OniChqn, Mar 18, 2020.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. Yes, I would like events to be buffed

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, they are fine how are they are

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So as we all know, there are 4 different events that you can take part in. These include Undead Cities, Capture Points, Skeleton King, and Iron Wizard. I think I speak for most of the clans community when I say that we would rather AFK then do an Undead City or Capture Points. What's the point of me spending 10 minutes on these events when the best thing I get would be a power sword or some apples. Frankly, unless you buff the drops, its a waste of time and a disappointment to do these events. I would say the easiest way to buff them would be to give a Silver Token when you do these events. Cause according to the sidebar on clans, Undead City and Skeleton King are on the same level, so why don't they drop the same thing?

Last thing, I know that most of us are either on break, doing online school, or self quarantining. In any case, clans is alive again and I would like to keep it that way. I would like to propose that we increase the chances of a legend drops significantly. It would make the game more enjoyable and might get more people on. I know we did it in the past and honestly, I don't think this would be any different, I think this would be even better than last time.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  2. I feel like the Undead city is quite fun to do naked. With a kit like assassin it's way to easy to flash to the chests and bow the mobs, but naked you can get two shot and have to parkour to the chests. The loot of the UC it decent, while the raw potatoes and food should be removed, it can drop rares, as I've gotten a rare knight chestplate, rare iron axe, and rare bow over the course of two seasons.
    However I feel like the events themselves are too easy. Cap point should spawn undead mobs that try to kill you, and UC should have more variety of undead mobs, such as assassins that leap from tower to tower, and boss mobs that have a chance to drop loot.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
    WowCaleb likes this.
  3. oni chicken writing essays

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  4. Tokens drop from boss events. After discussion with Clans Management, there will not ever be Iron Tokens droping from UC/CP.

The Cap/UC events require reworks however I don't believe they need to be removed. UC is boring because due to its poor loot table, and is why no one shows up.

It was a very fun event initially when it was new, as it brought a lot of competition. But when people realized that raw beef was the sum of their troubles for going to it, they stopped coming. Better loot tables and better mobs/opposition as well as a system which bases the # of chests off the # of players in the server (Undead City vs Undead Village, circa beta) would be the way to balance this & make it viable. If better loot was put in (potentially reverting the table to beta times), I believe UC would be fun again & attract players abroad.

The Cap event just needs to be moved to fields w/ buffed loot tables to be popular & competitive. That is it.

Overall, I get the concern and agree with what you're saying- they're boring. However removing them or simply giving them an Iron Token is not enough. The events are flawed, really flawed, and require reworks/tweaks to bring them back into line. The Beta Undead City was and is the best Clans event to ever have existed. It's a shame what happened to it with its re-implementation... It was a major mess-up on CM's part. But I have faith that both it and the capture point will be fixed, hopefully for Season 7.

Regards,
    Isaac.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  5. Poor loot drops for both Capture Points and Undead City were both known issues, with a majority of CM and GI agreeing that the loot pool should be reworked in the near future. I can't guarantee changes in the following seasons, but keep in mind these topics have been covered and there are docs with reworks of both events.

Overall I disagree with having tokens in the loot pool, Capture Point was supposed to be mainly gear based and supplies in the past when it was worked on with mepman. I agree with @isaac™ about moving the point to fields, which may or may not have been suggested already, can't say.

I also agree with @LordOfTeeth in regards to the bow issue, possibly a compromise would be what they suggested with a leaping assassin (Different from current undead mobs and how they currently leap, I would double the range give or take) or possibly longer range undead mobs other than the normal skeleton. Maybe a mage undead with static? Lorb? The idea of having a mini boss at Undead City is interesting as well, half the health of a normal event or possibly a quarter. That would be up for debate between Clans Management and Game Insights.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  6. I can’t quote very well on my phone, but Undead Mages are a possible mob that would work as a mini boss if explored @Adrianna. Perhaps a scepter ability like at the SK, or maybe an entirely new ability we’ve never seen before! Just a thought.

Posted Mar 27, 2020