• 288 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6711 Players Online
  • 6423 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clans Borderlands Idea

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Kindnessaj, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Alright back at it again with another idea, this time it’s a Clans idea. Now for those that may say “Oh but Kindness you could’ve gone into the Clans discord and posted the idea as a suggestion to appear in #ideas” hear me out, this is gonna be too long to post on a discord message.

SO you’re a Clans player, and you’re used to events being on a fixed point in the borderlands, but it doesn’t need to be this way. Instead events can randomly and automatically appear on different areas of borderlands.

Let me explain why this would be a good idea. First is first if you have them on fixed points then Clans can make their bases extremely close to where the boss is. Yet even though this doesn’t seem like a large problem it can be. For example, let’s say you’re a large Clan online and another large Clans is also online. If they’re right next to where the boss is they’ll be able to possibly even defeat the boss before you can. If it’s spawned randomly you’ll be giving everyone a fair and equal chance to make it to the event because you can’t camp near where an event should be. Of course you may argue that they’re merely strategizing and there are more than one boss room scattered around the map therefore making it pointless, but then you can remember that alt clans exist.

Essentially someone could make alternate clans all near where the boss room events should be, and once they’re on one account and they discover an event is taking place on where another account is they could just switch accounts. You may ask if that’s even feasible and seems like a bit too much work but if you have something like Badlion Client for example, it only takes 10 seconds to actually switch to your alt. Therefore the current system could easily be abused and if it were to be randomized then Clans can’t do things such as these. Alternately, if you have it random then you’ll have Clans players have a more fresh, and exciting view on Clans, because they won’t know where to expect the next event.

Now here are a few ideas as to how this could be approached. Now one thing that may be on everyone’s mind is that it may spawn really weirdly, but a way to combat this is to simply make it so it only spawns if the terrain allows it to. Or, if something like a weird reed is not allowing it to spawn maybe it could be temporarily removed. On top of this so that it doesn’t spawn too close to wilderness in borderlands maybe depending on the event it can spawn only past a certain coordinate on the borderlands.

Just an idea to be honest, but what do you guys think?

Am I going crazy and this is a terrible idea? Is this a smart thing that could be added? Or am I very very dumb?

Posted Oct 11, 2021
    Rey and maevestarbaby like this.
  2. First of all, I would like to appreciate the fact that you made a forum post for your suggestion knowing it would be too large for a message in discord, though if you wanted to go the extra mile you could have messaged a Clans Insights member to merge multiple suggestion embeds in the ideas channel, otherwise good job, I love seeing people actively use the forums for what they were intended for!

The idea of having dynamic locations for event arenas has been a very controversial topic in the past, as it allows the prevention of strategies like the one you have mentioned in your thread, but it also comes with other possible problems down the road like clans spreading their claims around the map because there's no real strong purpose of strategizing your base claim anymore, or with the proposal you had where the event only spawns in areas where the terrain allows it to, players would most likely find the right spots in the map to claim where events are more prone to spawn. Adding onto that, a big part of the game for most people is creating Charles Witherton raid and event tunnels, and implementing this change would mean people would not be able to make said tunnels, and I'm not so sure how I feel about that.

AlexTheCoder has previously released a list of proposed changes for the next season, known as leaks, where he mentioned event arenas would be themed towards the boss or actual event lore, which would mean we would have a unique structure for each one of our events. While we don't know if these have been designed already or if they're keeping the same structural layout for the builds, I believe having dynamic locations for all bosses could be detrimental to the current and future map layouts, mainly because there would be no purpose in traveling to certain areas in Borderlands and, while we don't really offer an incentive for people to go to Borderlands, we also don't want players to find the god spot where events spawn more often, and it wouldn't just be a single event, but rather most if not all of them, as that is the location they most spawn in due to the luck with the terrain.

Other than that, I love the idea of having the arenas spawn in a mysterious location, as it provides a sense of uncertainty and players would not be able to base their claims and strategies on it. My final thought on this suggestion remains neutral, as I don't think it is something we need nor something I am against for future updates.

Posted Oct 11, 2021,
    Last edited Oct 12, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.

3. Thanks c: I’ll make sure to ask a CI member to merge multiple suggestion embeds in the ideas channel next time.

Whilst this may seem true this isn’t always the case, for example when the Season began on Clans-7 people instead of making their bases where events would normally be they would make their bases in between Shops and Fields. The fact that so many people strategized on being between these two places means that it’s possible if this idea were to be implemented then it wouldn’t make bases completely scattered. As for people finding the right spots on the map to claim where events are most prone to spawn, whilst this is true people could do this, a way that it could be prevented is by changing borderlands to mostly accommodate events spawning. Doing this would mean that the events are more likely to spawn randomly if this were to be done and prevent god spots as well.

True

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2021
  4. I don't really understand how this could be applied the event arenas are huge and having them be loaded in every hour would be pretty laggy I would assume

Posted Oct 11, 2021
    90k likes this.
  5. I fall more neutral on this idea but I'd like to add that I do take advantage of the set spawning of events. I kept one alt logged right at SK and the other at IW with kits equipped to take out the events (I could have done this with all other events but not worth it) and when an IW or SK spawns I can take it out before other people even get there due to my headstart.

Posted Oct 11, 2021