• 2167 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10605 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Clans Bedrock?

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Yato, Aug 1, 2019.

?

Bedrock Clans?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Would clans be a good bedrock game?

Posted Aug 1, 2019
  2. Thread moved to Bedrock Ideas

I'll have to say no towards this idea because it requires lots of Developers time. The only problem is that users who are on mobile or tablet cannot PvP against a player. This also requires to have a custom server resource pack, and it's impossible to implement. I don't think there's a high chance to add Clans for Bedrock server. -1

Posted Aug 1, 2019
  3. Ty for moving the thread.

The point of this thread is to see what the community thinks.
    Personally, I think PvP console vs PC is unfair.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2019
  4. Hello!

Mineplex Java-gone-Bedrock convert here: I don't think that Clans would be a good game on our Bedrock network simply because Clans's hallmark feature, the ability to play in a factions-style open world with Champions kits, isn't possible to effectively implement in a method accessible and playable for all of Mineplex Bedrock's various platforms. The complex nature of Champions's controls (and Clans by extension) aren't possible via Bedrock, which is why Bedrock relies more heavily on entity based and pop-up-menu based user interfaces or objects dedicated to executing certain actions (click feather to leap instead of double-jump in lobby) when compared to Java's kit's extensive list of right-click mechanics (right-click compass for game selection in the lobby; right click weapons to activate abilities in Champions).

All that is to say that because of the fundamental differences between the platforms, an intuitive and user-friendly release of Clans on Bedrock simply isn't possible yet (if ever), and while I'm all for more new content and Java games making their way to our popular cross-platform Bedrock server, I'm not sure this one is the one to import.

Thanks for sharing this idea with us, though!

Posted Aug 1, 2019
    ImFirewalker likes this.
  5. Hey!
    I feel as Clans doesn't have a place on bedrock now or in the foreseeable future. It's such a complicated gamemode to implement, with Champion kits, Legendary Weapons, Events, and etc. The nature of clans is simply too complicated to be put on the Bedrock server, for both the developers and playerbase. At it's core, Bedrock is a vastly different version of Minecraft than Java. It's coded in a completely different language, feels & controls differently and just isn't the same as Java. It relies more on in-game menus and objects over Java's right click mechanics to do anything on the server. The gamemode is really fun and enjoyable and makes a nice addition to the Java server, but just isn't plausible on Bedrock at the moment (Or ever, possibly). -1 to this idea.

Posted Aug 1, 2019