• 612 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11024 Players Online
  • 10412 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Claimed Land

Discussion in 'Survival' started by XO0BLAZE0OX, Jun 8, 2021.

1. I love the community and opportunities in Mineplex Survival, and it's pretty promising. I have seen news on a reset, and though I don't know if that is true, I still want to make a point about claimed land. I was working on two 64 x 64 pyramids and almost done with it when someone randomly stumbles upon me and claims one random chunk of land. In the middle of my build too, so now I couldn't finish it. It wasn't even a large portion, I went around claiming as much as I could. Apparently it wasn't enough though. That person hasn't been on for over two months, and I feel like you should have to renew your claim every two weeks or something. Or at least request to remove one. That's all, have fun on here everyone!

Posted Jun 8, 2021
    Toastie likes this.
  2. Is it possible that the claim was there before you started building and didn't realize until it was too late? Either way, sorry that happened to you. This is why it's best to plan ahead and claim all the chunks you know your building will take up. That way no one can mess up all your hard work. I know it sucks, but that's pretty much the only thing you can do to guarantee that whatever you're building won't be messed up.

I don't know about having to renew claims every two weeks, that doesn't seem like enough time. Someone could be away on vacation for more than two weeks and intend to log in once they get back. Or someone may just be taking a break from Mineplex for a short while and they intend to come back. If/when expiring claims become a thing, I think players should have a few months before they expire.
    Also, as a player with a lot of claims from things I've built, I think there needs to be some kind of way to auto renew all your claims at once or else that will be a serious pain.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  3. Yeah I agree, I think it would be pretty cool if it automatically renewed your claims if you log in and annoying if it doesn't. I could see why you would think that, but I built it in the middle of the ocean, and used stone as the floor. No problems then, but when I logged back on after getting off i couldn't finish it. It's also hard to tell if you have all of it claimed because I don't really know how much land a claim takes tbh. I've always assumed it's 25x25, but it could be anything. I don't really care anymore, and if I really wanted to finish it I could build it again, which is on me. Thanks for the reply!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2021
  4. No problem! By the way, a single claim is the 16 x 16 chunk that you are currently standing in. (And the claims you make are not centered on your character.) Claiming land every 16 blocks should do the trick.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  5. A claim is 16x16 or one chunk the best way to check them is to have a friend punch the ground for you and tell you where the edges are once you mark one out you can easily extrapolate the others by counting but it’s still best to have someone check the whole thing for you after

Posted Jun 25, 2021