• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5065 Players Online
  • 5065 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Chickens in Block Hunt

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SomeCabbage, Apr 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So,

Out of everything wrong with block hunt, this stands out the most to me. Being able to turn into a mob, with a smaller hitbox than a player or block is not fun for the hunters at all. Even the flowerpot, which is a LOT smaller than a normal block, is balanced out by the fact that it has the same hitbox as any other normal sized block. I've had several games where people would disguise as chickens, and spawn-camp the hunters, especially if the chicken has the hyper axe. When fighting a chicken, the hunter is at an immediate disadvantage, due to how Minecraft combat works. Since attacking is based on where the player's head is, the Hunter has to aim lower, to compensate for the chicken's smaller hitbox and thus, they have to be closer in order to be able to hit the Hider. The Hider, however has the advantage, of having their head be at the same position as any other player, which allows them to hit the hunter before the hunter can hit them. The block hitboxes are not a problem because they compensate by being very wide. My suggestion, is to either alter the hitbox of the chicken in block-hunt, or make it so that you cannot disguise as mobs. I seriously think this is a problem, and last time I checked, the game was called Block Hunt. Sorry for sounding so rude, but this just really bothers me.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  2. I agree with this, as I have noticed this when I do play block hunt.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  3. mobs are the best, i have 2.5x more wins then you have total gamesplayed and i only play as the chickens cause its easier to hide and the top players can say the same thing

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  4. I agree with you. I can't tell you the countless times when I played Block Hunt, people disguising as chickens, having the hyper axe, which makes it nearly impossible to kill them unless you have insane aim with a bow. Personally, I think what should change is the hitbox. The hitbox should be made bigger so it is easier to hit people disguised as chickens. But I do agree with you. +1.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  5. Use your bow, it completely ignores the hitbox advantage

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  6. I dont really see a problem with this. i feel like chicken is a fighting morph. block hunt is pretty boring just staying still for 5 minutes, so i take chicken and farm kills on the hunters. Its way cooler and more fun. And hiders dont have any armour anyway, they're just a 3/4 shot. Its a pretty op morph, but only if you know how to use it. If hunters 2 v 1 a chicken, the chicken stands no chance(if fighting), so i dont really see a problem, but i do get where you are coming from.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  7. 3-4 hit really depends on what kit you're playing. Unless the Taser Hunter has a diamond sword, hiders take 4 hits with an iron sword and an iron axe and 5 with a wooden sword. The only time hiders take 3 shots, is if you get unlucky with fully charged bow shots. Look, you admit yourself that it is overpowered, but only if you know how to use it. But, with the current state of Mineplex's playerbase, the majority of people playing are veterans who, for the most part, are adept at PvP. As well, think of of the Hunter's point of view. Is it fun for them to be stuck in spawn, getting slaughtered by chickens with better weapons than them? I hardly think so.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2021
  8. Hey!
    I understand your frustration with the fact that they have a smaller hitbox. I am not a big block hunt player myself, so I can't agree nor disagree with how annoying it may be. I would suggest that if it is genuinely when they disguise as something so small, that chickens should just be removed from block hunt maps rather than prohibiting disguising as mobs all together.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  9. I tried bringing this up in the GI discord a few days ago but every high player there is so insistent on letting chicken be the meta :(

I'm not for removing chickens from maps currently because they are the only things compensating for the hitbox glitch and radar hunter, but hopefully BH can get a update soon so the game is more balanced

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  10. This is exactly the reason why I'm never hunter in the block hunt, I have to be hider everytime just so I don't have to get bowspammed for 5 minutes. It's what made me lost so much interest in block hunt

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  11. Hello,

This idea has already been denied for reasons seen here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/removing-the-ability-to-morph-into-animals.113702/page-3. However, I will go into more detail here due to the idea now being brought up multiple times.

I have to disagree with mobs being unfun to hunt. Many of the current Hunter players greatly prefer hunting mobs to blocks, as blocks are too easy to hit (for veteran players) due to their falling sand hitbox being wide. Although newer players can have trouble with blocks, allowing players to morph into both blocks and animals allows both newer and more experienced players to have fun hunting. If you are having issues killing someone disguised as a mob, use your bow, as the full player hitbox is used when detecting arrow shots instead of the animal hitbox.

As you mention, spawn camping is a big issue. We are looking into ways to address this, but removing mobs would make the game unenjoyable for many people. One of our current ideas is to make Hunter Spawn have a Turf Wars-like system nerfing Hiders while they are in it, but we are looking into other options as well. For the time being, switch to the TNT kit when being spawnkilled, as you will drop a TNT on death that forces Hiders to move away.

The hitbox advantage you describe is only an advantage when comparing only that particular aspect of PVP. Hunters are given extra armor to compensate for this, with their weapons also being better than those of Hiders (before Hyper Axe is obtained). In addition to this, leaper can leap to get closer to the Hider in an unexpected manner, or TNT can be thrown to catch the Hider off guard. As mentioned above, bows are also a valuable tool for Hunters.

The game is balanced with both blocks and animals in mind, and removing animals would make the game far too easy for good Hunters. This would in turn make good Hunters able to kill new Hiders with incredible ease, making the game unenjoyable for new players and old players alike. Part of the reason mobs seem so good compared to blocks is that there is currently a bug that reveals the locations of people hiding as blocks. Once this is fixed, the disparity will be decreased.

This game is called "Block Hunt," but it does make it clear that you are able to morph into mobs. At the start of every game, players are told "Hiders Disguise as Blocks or Animals." Additionally, the random groups of mobs are similar to block piles. Even if a player does not read the description, it only takes seeing a single person running around as an animal to learn that they can be morphed into.

As such, I'll be requesting the thread be Locked and marked Not Planned.

Posted May 12, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.