• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cheetah Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by SilentDeath, Feb 6, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you feel this kit should be added?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. SilentDeath

SilentDeath

Hello,
    I think it would be cool to add a kit with the ability to get great speed every couple of seconds.
    Sort of like a cheetah you can get great bursts of speed however you (like the cheetah) can
    only go at top speed for a matter of only a few seconds before you must rest before using
    your ability of great speed. If you added the affect of slowness between each cool down
    to balance the power of speed.

I know there is alot more that could be done with this, however I think that the idea is there
    and I hope that you understand it does not have to be exactly as I mentioned above.

Thanks,
    SilentDeath

Posted Feb 6, 2019
    ireallylikerats likes this.
  2. In real life, this is exactly how Cheetahs run and rest. So the physical logic makes sense, which is pretty cool. I feel that I would see some over powered things players would do while having this kit equipped. Now exactly what games did you have in mind for it to be added to? Because I have a good feeling about this. Support from me, good thinking SilentDeath.

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  3. coralines

coralines

In my opinion, the speed could be very overpowered if it can be part of a kit. Keep in mind you can already find speed potions in loot chests around the map, so you can get speed I from those. Adding a default speed to a kit - even if it gets slowness after - seems kind of unbalanced. The speed would give a massive advantage during fights, while the slowness part is overall not really good looked upon already (example being slowness given by frosting balls).
    It’s an interesting concept, but I’m not a huge fan of it. I would personally keep speed potions in loot chests only, forcing people to move around the map more often and trying to find potions along with other loot.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  4. Jaekub

Jaekub

I think this kit would be great for SSM, similar to how the chicken doesn't get unlimited flaps. Maybe you can tell us more about the kit?

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  5. Glitz

Glitz

Do you have in mind what game the Cheetah kit would be in? In some games it could work (like SSM) but as Coralines said this just wouldn’t be great in Survival Games. Plus with the whole slowness thing, no one would wanna use it.

In terms of your idea, I do feel like it’s a bit unbalanced as of right now due to the slowness and the lack of detail you have concerning the kit and what it does. Buuuuut, if you add more I’m sure the right people will see this. You got a good creative concept just gotta expand on it. :)

Just to start you off, if we look at this within SSM the kit could be an Ocelot (pretty cute so far) and one of its abilities can be to right click (maybe a shovel) to get speed 3 forrrrrr 5 seconds. It could possibly have a cooldown of maybe 25 seconds due to the fast paced idea of the game. Now you got to ask yourself how much armour the cheetah gets, 1 or 2 other abilities (depending on how good each ability is), and maybe a passive. I don’t think the slowness should be a factor at all due to the nature of SSM. As long as you’re balancing out the power of abilities and the strength of the kits armour, you should be fine. Just use other SSM kits to guide you.

If SSM wasn’t what you were going for, I get you these are just my thoughts. :) but yeah I like your idea so far!

Posted Feb 10, 2019