• 1010 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10515 Players Online
  • 9505 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Champions

Discussion in 'Champions' started by DerpDerpie, Oct 21, 2020.

1. I know I havent played champions, but how is it? I would love to hear your answers!

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    JREric likes this.
  2. It’s fun, but nowadays it’s always filled with sweat parties so casual players can’t really enjoy the game like they used to. I haven’t played champions in like 2 months because the wait times are always insanely long. Other than that, the gameplay is very fun

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  3. Thanks for your reply Legend!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2020
  4. I personally really like champions. It's the only reason I play on mineplex. It's kinda dead now, which really sucks, but there are player-owned revival communities (I own /com Champs1). I hope it makes a comeback soon because the game itself is a really unique platform that has no new players, and as a result, everyone is experienced. This is why you hear people talking about "tryhards" and "pub stompers". Most people play in parties and it's hard for new players to gain experience. If you really commit though, you'll learn quickly and it's become more and more fun!

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    JAKE/// and ilyLegend like this.
  5. I haven't played Champions in a while, but when I do play it, the gameplay aspect itself is fun. However, as stated, avid players tend to form big parties. While this is okay, the gamemode isn't as conducive to beginners, who may want to try other mini-games.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Saigul2 and ilyLegend like this.
  6. Hey!

I've only played Champions myself a couple times, but the different gamemodes it has keep it fresh in my eyes, and there's an active community who play it all the time here on Mineplex. As people have stated above, the game works best if you have a big party to play with as solo queuing in Champions might lead to getting pub stomped, but this is the case for a lot of team PvP games, it's nothing new. I would suggest trying to find a dedicated team/community of players who love Champions and would be willing to teach you the ropes of how to play. There's plenty out there for you to get yourself involved in if Champions might be a game you'd want to start maining.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    AaronIGN and pwess like this.
  7. In my opinion, Champions is one of the most competitive and fun games to play on Mineplex. It is a pvp game with a tad of strategy where the objective is to attack others in order to either secure one of the five bases to gain points or capture the opponents flags. There's five different classes, Brute which is a tanky and relatively high damage dealing kit with pretty decent mobility with the right abilities. Then there's knight, which is a very 1v1 heavy class that has abilities that really give it the advantage in most 1v1 scenarios and the knight has full iron armor. Then there's mage, which can either be a high damage dealer, or a more supportive role. Then there's ranger which is the archer class, and finally assassin probably the most popular as it is the most mobile, and highest damage dealer but with the cost of the worst armor. There's many game modes, and the objectives are different for each one. If you want any help setting up your skill points and making some new classes I would be more than happy to help you out :)

My in game name is: n2l (Feel free to add me!!)

P.S. a little bit of advice some of the classes are complicated and hard to learn such as the assassin and that can be frustrating. I highly recommend you start off with knight and I'll leave a strong build for it in this threat as well:

Layout: Diamond Sword, rest soups

Knight setup: Riposte 5, Deflection 3, Fortitude 3, Resistance 1.

Hopefully that covers some of the basics for ya!

-n2l

Posted Nov 10, 2020
  8. That build will get you targetted LMAO

Posted Nov 10, 2020
  9. Hi roo. I agree that this is an unorthodox build, but it works, especially for newer players. :)

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    Itsn2l and Roody like this.
  10. We both know that if some kid uses that on me, they're not getting another kill for the rest of the game LMAOO

Posted Nov 10, 2020
  11. kitegod ***

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  12. I love champions! It is a very fun a and interesting game idea. My current favorite class to play is knight or ranger. Each class has different skills that you can chose from, so you can really customize you experience. I would totally recommend it to anyone, and you should try it too.

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  13. what's champions anyway?

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  14. Champs was a good ability based game turned into a hellhole over the yrs

The abilities and synergy on some classes are far superior to that of others (*COUGH* tryhard assassins)

All and all it’s still PvP, Party vs Player at its finest

Posted Nov 12, 2020
  15. Champions is a fun game but it's pretty hard to learn, which is why it doesn't really get new players often. It's in need of a content update for balance changes and potentially some new abilities for the different classes. I think some of the main issues is that new players are put into an objective-based game that can take a long time even if you are stomping the other team. Penta-capping a game can still take up to 10 minutes or more to get 15k points. The game itself is a lot of fun but it needs changes within the design of the game and the community to promote new players.

Potential Changes
    • Bring back TDM, have it swap out with CTF every other week to avoid people being upset, I actually preferred TDM to DOM back in the day as it was a fast-paced and interesting game, this would prevent new players from getting pub stomped and quitting because they need to wait up to 10 minutes just to lose, and keep them playing for multiple games.
    • Lower the cost of abilities (250 - 500 gems), learning all the abilities can be quite challenging when you need to win up to like ~10 games just to buy a new one. This would help out new players and prevent them from getting discouraged
    • Tutorial / Introduction phase, grants players the ability to access any skill for up to ~5-10 games to allow them to experiment with different builds. Editing builds can be quite challenging for new players, it took me ages to figure out how people got "Diamond swords" when I first started playing.
    • Rework Achievements, achievements are too hard to get plus require players to get into CTF games which rarely startup without being informed via a community.
    New Gamemodes
    • Champions Arena:
    • This would be a sort of "kit-pvp" type game where there are no real objectives, you just enter a map and fight other players. There could be mini-events like a supply drop, capture point, and major bosses like Iron Wizard / Skeleton King that drop loot or even Clans legendaries you can collect and store within your personal bank or use on other players within the arena. I was going to make a more in-depth post about this later but I would like to see if people would be interested in something like this. Given it's an "endless" game mode type I feel like new players would be more interested in something like this rather than spending 15 minutes playing a game of DOM just to lose to a party of 5.
    • Legendary "Game Mode"
    • Essentially this would just be a random occurrence in DOM/CTF/TDM where the game would become "Legendary". Meaning that each player would get to choose one legendary from Clans to use throughout the game. Each legend being Windblade, Alligators Tooth, Hyper Axe, Meridian Scepter, Magnetic Maul, Giant's Broadsword, Knight's Greatlance, Scythe of the Fallen Lord. Obviously, legends are currently a Clans only thing, so this would need a lot of backend work to become functional. But anyways, each player on your team would get to choose one legendary (to prevent people from using full-sets like in clans), and you could have 5/8 on your team (you can't choose the same legendary twice per team). So like each player has their own specific legendary. I think this would make games more interesting and players would have a LOT of fun with this, but it would require the texture pack to work which can still be an issue for people who can't get it to work/understand why it doesn't work.

Posted Nov 15, 2020