• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5081 Players Online
  • 5081 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Champions mage bow + bow abilities

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Krystal The Fox, May 6, 2021.

1. Heya!

I have came up with a new feature for mages in champions by adding a bow to the mage class with some new abilities. first of the amount of arrows a mage gets is 12 arrows. Here are the abilities below

Channeling
    Cost: 3000 gems
    Description: Your arrow will channel a lightning bolt to any enemy you hit with an arrow dealing 9 damage and sets the enemy on fire for 6 seconds.
    Cooldown: 30 seconds
    How to use. Left click your bow to prepare Channeling. the channeling arrow will have a villager lightning bolt trail.

Withering arrow
    Cost: 1500 gems
    Levels: 4
    Description: gives wither I to an enemy for 4 seconds. + 2 seconds per each level of arrow. Max is level 4 (10 seconds)
    How to use: left click bow to prepare Wither Arrow and the wither arrow will have a black arrow trail.

Ender Arrow
    Cost: 2000 gems
    Desciption: hit an enemy with an arrow to switch places with them.
    How to use. Left click bow to prepare Ender Arrow. the arrow will have a purple particle trail.

Let me know what you think!

~Krystal The Fox

Posted May 6, 2021,
    Last edited May 6, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
  2. These are too strong and most people already hate bows.

Posted May 6, 2021
  3. While this seems great, it wouldn't really fix mage's core issue which is a lack of options up close in melee situations. Sure, this could help against rangers, but otherwise mage will still be very defenseless against a brute or assassin.

Posted May 6, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  4. I beat brutes 90% of the time with mage. But mage does need something that will give enemies slow to counter assassin

Posted May 6, 2021
  5. Bump Bump Bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2021
  6. -unapproved link-

Posted May 27, 2021
  7. Hello,
    Given the skills that Mage already has, I don't see us ever adding a bow to the class. That said, the Withering arrow idea is quite similar to an idea for an Assassin bow skill that's bounced around for years, where Assassins can deal poison or wither via 'tipped arrows' or something of the sort. It's a neat idea that might be worth discussing further.

I think the Channeling idea is pretty similar to Lightning Orb and while the idea is somewhat interesting, I don't think it really adds something that an existing bow skill on Ranger or Assassin or Lorb for Mage doesn't do (aside from setting someone on fire), so I can't really say that I see it ever happening, although you never know.

The Ender arrow idea is actually somewhat similar to a sword skill for Assassin that I've been thinking about pitching to the rest of Champions GI sometime in the near future, so it's nice to see other people have similar thoughts, albeit for other classes.

Thanks for posting the ideas, again, I don't see them getting added to Mage in particular, but they certainly provoke some thought about how we can add things to the two classes that do currently have bow skills.

Posted May 27, 2021