• 1959 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10397 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Casual Clans with Hardcore hours - Would you play?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Adrianna, Aug 19, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you prefer there to be a casual clans server with the 20 hour limit needed to join?

1. Yes

75.9%
  2. No

24.1%
  1. Indeed, that infamous cookie monster is a problem. However, it's the same problem we've always had. The previous Clans Administration pre-nguyen tried to rectify this by separating us through casual and hardcore, as a sort of "work-around" to having a good anti-cheat. This quite literally cut off new players joining Clans, with the exception of friends introducing other friends.

So, yes, the cookies are sentient. But there are so few of them, and none to few are being baked, to the point where every little decision splits up those few cookies. My problem isn't with a Casual server that has that 20 hour limit. My problem is that it reinforces that limit, by putting it behind a wall. All the sentient, not stupid cookies will move to that 20hr server to escape the cookie monster, worsening the effect of the Casual-Hardcore barrier. With 0hr Casuals completely dead, there will be zero incentive for new cookies to be baked. So, we stop getting new cookies, and your safe-haven eventually dries up as the closeted cookie monsters slowly continue to drain away on that player base, like they have on Hardcore (the reason people moved to casual in the first place).

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  2. I doubt that the 0 hour casual servers would ever die out completely, as there are always new people or alts wanting to play. If they did die out completely, then the hackers would also leave, leading to players rejoining the server. The cycle would keep on going, all the while adding more players to the safe 20 hour casual and hardcore servers.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  3. Logic doesn't follow there. If "not all 0 hour servers would die completely" is true, then by definition, half of them are split behind that 20 hour wall, and half aren't, which is why this idea was denied (see my first post about splitting up an already small playerbase).

Next, if they did die out completely, it would mean the end of Clans, as like with any population we need a growth rate of 2.1 (For every person that leaves, 2 people join- 1 to replace the one that left, and 1 to grow the community) to survive long-term. There would be no cycle, more a snowball. The players would leave, THEN thje hackers would leave, leading to no players. Or, the way it currently is. The players would leave, but new players replace them only to be tormented by hackers and leaving, cutting off new players from Hardcore as they're harassed by a constant flow of hackers. Only fixable, as this post suggests, by creating a 20 hour server, which will split up the community even more, opening up an entirely different set of issues.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  4. i think that there should be no 20 hour limit at all or rading servers w/o the limit

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  5. There needs to be a limit on some to prevent hackers from dominating, but a hardcore server without hours is also a good idea.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  6. I would like the idea but as a quick side note while on the topic of servers, maybe reduce the amount of servers so the player base isn't so spread out. I feel like this would create some more action and more power could be designated to each individual server helping with the lag.

Posted Sep 29, 2019
    LordOfTeeth likes this.
  7. less servers =/= more power

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  8. It would however create more action

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  9. This is how you maintain a player base. Reducing hackers while allowing players to play casually is the best possible thing you can add to Clans.

Posted Oct 2, 2019