• 793 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9231 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Casual Clans with Hardcore hours - Would you play?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Adrianna, Aug 19, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you prefer there to be a casual clans server with the 20 hour limit needed to join?

1. Yes

75.9%
  2. No

24.1%
  1. He means to say that during the most active times, before the mass diffusion, hardcore consistently had the most players the longest, with 100 players + 60 in queue at one point for clans four.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    matrixyst and Yato like this.
  2. I missed that I was inactive during that time.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  3. ...are you even reading my replies anymore? tbh from the quality of your responses, it doesn't seem like you've read any. let me repeat myself

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  4. I am confused as to how the migration changes the fact that a 20-hour casual server would be good?
    They aren't saying remove hardcore. They are saying to add a special kind of server.
    I also don't understand how clans dying effects the 20-hour server being added.

I do not see how what you stated affects the addition of a server. Even with hardcore being more popular there is still a player base that would appreciate a 20-hour casual server.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    LordOfTeeth likes this.
  5. Adding a 20 hour casual server will only make casual better, if that makes people leave hardcore then that might be because casual is inherently better. If people like to play casual clans they should be able to do it without armies of alts.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  6. i was literally addressing a singular point that you made. that's it. don't think about it too hard

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  7. sorry

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  8. This would be a good addition to the Clans servers because then people will have more options of what servers to play on.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    LordOfTeeth likes this.
  9. Hi, in my opinion this is a great idea that I've been thinking about a bit recently. I would definetly play on a 20 or so hour casual server. Most seasons I play, at some point or another, I end up on casual, and each time, cheaters contribute to me losing legendaries, and gear. Also, for me the reason I play casual is for no warpoints, and no clan sieges. Yet the reason I usually start the season with hardcore, is for the minimal cheaters. Anyways, I think this would be a great idea, and would love to see this!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Xion, Yato and LordOfTeeth like this.
  10. The problem I have with this idea is it creates a "safe haven" for players interested in casual by throwing the new players under the bus. Sure, it'd be nice to have a hacker-free Casual server, but at what cost? Community division, hacker-land in... not sure what to call it... "the real casual", and a host of other issues.

I've also got these problems;

We're in a war game. There's no ifs ands or buts, this is a game about hardcore PvP. It's marketed as a champions based, intense game-mode. I have always been against the concept of casual.

We got rid of Invasions (which was great, I hated getting invaded, though a rework would have been better than a complete removal), then segregated the community & stifled new players by forcing them into an under-moderated version of the game which flies in the face of the whole "war-based", "pvp-based" thing, and results in a HUGE turnover rate for new players, most quitting before 20 hours (unless they get pushed along by friends who play with them).

We have precedence to suggest that another type of server will split the community AGAIN, with the added benefit of basically ending new players joining our smol lil' game-mode.

Here's a thought @Adrianna

What if we rethought Casual? No one is denying the fact it's a real game-mode with people who like it. Even if I can't understand it, I have to be able to understand that. What, in your opinion, would be the pros and cons of removing the 20 hour limit entirely, and simply going half and half with casual and hardcore servers?

4 Hardcore, 4 Casual. New players can be RECOMMENDED to join Casual for an easier time, but not forced out of the hardcore game. Think about it this way. Instead of dealing with the concentrated hackers you get now, they spread out across all of Clans, fixing your problem without further segregation, in fact removing the segregation entirely. It is so easy to sit in casual and AFK alts for 20 hours due to undermoderation, that it was never a fix at all. This way, we have the EXACT SAME amount of servers to moderate (love how I said we but I haven't been a staff member for a very very long time), without the concentrated casual hackers ruining the game for new players.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Xion and Yato like this.
  11. I feel that there should be at least one hardcore server that does not need hours to join, for new comers who want to play or alts who enjoy it so they can have more fun getting into safe servers.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    ClansGI and Yato like this.
  12. I think this is a great idea. First, almost all casual servers are crawling with hackers so it is no fun. Second, I do enjoy just chilling and not worry about getting raided and stuff. I do love this idea and I hope the Mineplex Staff work on it for next season.
    --- Post updated ---
    But it would be dead due to hackers, because then they don't have to wait 20 hours, they just can keep alting. But the idea is still good on how you explained
    --- Post updated ---
    +1

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  13. Well casual servers have been completely unprotected and haven't died due to alting, mineplex does have some protection against that I guess. I feel that having a no requirements server for hardcore would be better for newcomers who don't want to play casual or people who want to get an alt 20 hours but dislike casual.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    ClansGI and Yato like this.
  14. I would state there are a lot of hackers who stay on Casual servers. Even with 20 hour ig

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    ClansGI likes this.
  15. I like the idea, but I am worried that it will further split up the hardcore clans community. If we were only changing one of the pre-existing casuals to have the 20 hours required, then I would be all for it, but definitely not if you mean adding another casual server.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    ClansGI and Xion like this.
  16. Why are you worried about splinting up the hardcore community, how would making casual better make hardcore players leave? Unless of course, you're saying that people would rather play casual, however they're forced to play hardcore to escape from the hackers.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  17. Hackers are unavoidable it’s not that hard to play casual for 20 hours. I have a bunch of 20 hr alts (not saying I hack) because I play casual sometimes and everytime an account gets 20 hrs I use a new account just to get it 20 hrs. I like getting 20 hr accs for other servers or if I need to log stuff or extra convert.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  18. I mean it's still better than having no protection at all, also alts being AFKed can easily be banned or reported.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  19. Alrighty,
    Basic math, here we come.

If you have 1,000 cookies. And you divide those 1,000 cookies among 100 servers, each server gets... 10 cookies! If you take those same sweet, savory cookies, and divide them among 1,000 servers, each server gets... 1 cookie. Now. I don't know about you, but no matter how sweet that cookie is ( ily @Xion ) a server can't be sustained off of 1 cookie. I took this metaphor too far.

tl;dr
    More servers, less people per server, or, alternatively, all people play on one singular server making the other servers a waste of resources. Then, you have to cut out servers to save money, shrinking your community. In the meanwhile, people don't like that there are less players on THEIR server, and so some leave. Now you've got a massive pile of cookies/players, and no one to eat them. God damn it!

HoPe I hElPEd
    - Fallen

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  20. Going with the fun cookie metaphor:
    We aren't just dividing up the cookies with no reason, the cookies are sentient and can pick which server they are on. Currently If the cookies want to they can go to the casual servers where they are immediately killed by cookie monster, or can go onto the hardcore servers where they're less happy but are still alive I guess. But the cookies should be able to pick whatever server they want, and not have to fear for they're lives. :)

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    ClansGI likes this.