• 1214 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9652 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Casual Clans with Hardcore hours - Would you play?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Adrianna, Aug 19, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you prefer there to be a casual clans server with the 20 hour limit needed to join?

1. Yes

76.6%
  2. No

23.4%
  1. Hey everyone!

As the title suggests, would you be interested in a casual Clans server that requires a 20 hour limit to join? Threads like this have popped up in the past, but the goal of this thread is more of an official thread for CM to review the possibilities of this idea. A majority of people I've spoken with enjoy the building factor without the stress of losing war points to others, fights are more relaxed without the fear of being raided and so on. Of course, the goal of this is to have an environment free of people cheating and exploiting bugs.

Let me know what you think of this idea down below. Suggestions are welcome.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    wattywatty14, JYTG, Vraz and 4 others like this.
  2. I approve of a Casual Server that needs 20 hours because hardcore isn't for everyone. Sometimes it is nice to build a base, go to events, and PvP without worrying about war-points.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Adrianna likes this.
  3. i think this is a very minor concern when you look at the more prominent issues of clans (and there's no guarantee that those will ever be fixed even without factoring in the necessary dev time and commitment this would need), besides, how would you recommend going about this? do we really need 4 casual servers, or would you replace one of them for this? lastly, of course, this isn't a sentiment that's gonna be shared by everyone, but casual kind of drains the fun from clans. what's the point of a factions-type gamemode where you can't even raid other people - building a base and pvping without worrying about wps? at that point you might as well just play a creative server and DOM...

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  4. I'd argue with that. My favorite part of clans is the legendaries, rares, and the bosses. hardcore without a doubt is the true clans experience, but it is nice to enjoy a semi-clans experience casually.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    TronicTonic and Adrianna like this.
  5. This is an obvious no brain-er, people who enjoy playing casual shouldn't have to always fear hackers. Another suggestion is a hardcore server that doesn't need 20 hours, for people who REALLY like hardcore to play until they can join the safe servers.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Adrianna and Yato like this.
  6. We are well aware of the issues within the gamemode, those are being addressed as they come. The point of this thread is more of an idea and to grab the communities opinion on this idea. This isn't taking up our dev time currently. As for your questions, I would personally split what we have now for casual servers, but that's up for debate as is everything else. "what's the point of a factions-type gamemode where you can't even raid other people" - Building in peace, fighting others with a peace of mind. If you've ever played hardcore you would know sometimes playing with WPs gets stressful and you just want to pvp without having to worry about being raided, as I stated in the thread. Everyone has their own opinions

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  7. I'd be up for it. But I still feel it'd be competitive considering the 20 hour limit. However it's a good plan to avoid alters and cheaters

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Adrianna, Yato and LordOfTeeth like this.
  8. ? I never said that it is, I said that it would in the event it's ever implemented. Important distinction.

As previously stated, Creative exists as well as DOM.

...yes? Half the fun in clans is the power struggle between clans, gaining and losing war points, trying to raise your positives and get back to neutral on your negative clans. casual was introduced as a learning environment (since the age-old tutorial was never very helpful), should it really be anything more than that? at the end of the day it's an incomplete experience (as is typical of tutorials and spaces for learning the ropes). it's basically clans lite lol

i don't really care whether this gains any traction or not, just think the reasons that have been stated here in favor of it being implemented are kind of weak

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  9. no. that would divert the players on regular casual servers and cut the playerbase by around 2/3. -1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Adrianna likes this.
  10. So the thing is many people like playing casual (around 30 on all the servers) but they shouldn't have to be forced to play with hackers. Its a fact that some players (like myself) dislike hardcore for many reason and would rather play casual.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  11. I can see why people would like this, it gives you room to be creative and competitive at the same time while not having to worry about dying (unless you are about K/D). This also gives new members of clans a cleaner entry, with insiding being a lot more difficult,

However. I do see problems with this. Firstly, this divide the community even more. Obviously we can't call the new casual 20h server "casual", it would screw up in game terms. "Play casual for 20h to play casual"

Another problem is that it will kill the normal casual servers. It will truly become hacker land, and difficult for new players to start and actually like the game. My reasoning is this, who would want to play the current casual when there is another one but less hackers? Only the people who hack themselves, new players, or people who enjoy fighting hackers for some reason(???).
    All of the current casual community will move to the better casual, killing the normal casual servers.

So because I can see both sides here, I will have to slap a +0 on this one. I'm neither for or against it.

~Xion

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Meme™, Adrianna and Yato like this.
  12. I'd like to say that currently "Clans lite" is far more popular than the Hardcore servers. Also, if people like the lite version let them have it.
    I miss the active clans servers with war points, but that obviously isn't going to come back.
    @Karrrrl124 I see that adding a Casual 20 hour would spread player base. However, if it was implemented into one of the hardcore or existing casual servers I think it could work.

@Xion as for it killing casual.
    Wasn't the original casual made as a training ground? To help the skill-floor? If this was implemented it'd be like the option to evolve or not evolve pokemon. You can "Evolve " to hardcore or stay "Casual" and just move to a better version of it.

As for a name, maybe Casual+ ?

Thanks for reading,

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Xion and Adrianna like this.
  13. I understand how it could divide the community, but at the same time as stated above, why should the normal community be forced to play with cheaters when you could play in a normal environment for the gamemode? After all, new players won't be playing on these servers for the long run, it's designed to slowly move you into hardcore servers. As for the normal casual servers, that will be up to gwen and the staff team to moderate to keep things in check.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 20, 2019
    LordOfTeeth, Xion and Yato like this.
  14. The 1 thing I like about casual is that you can throw sets or stone swords without a care in the world!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  15. i feel that

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  16. because then cheaters have nowhere to play. and for one, if you are going to play on clans 7 with hours, cheaters aren't going to be something you can avoid.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  17. Hey!
    I remember when clans dropped and was in closed beta, however as those many years have gone by, I haven't played much of the game. At first, I wasn't sure what to do, but as time when on I kind of gave up and haven't played much since season 1. I feel like a version of the server that was less competitive in nature would be great for players like me, who are just getting into the game and may not know what we're jumping into. I would be all for a server with a time limit which is less competitive, +1 from me.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  18. Cheaters are unavoidable, but some people won't waste time getting alts clans hours. In the time it takes to get an Alt to 20 hours you could have hundreds of thousands of gold.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  19. yes, as the gamemode dies and the season becomes stagnant, players migrate from hardcore to casual for a number of reasons, this has been a trend literally ever since casual was introduced lol hardcore has always been consistently more popular so "current" is very misleading in your statement

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  20. the most active hardcore is like 20 players max whereas casual goes up to around 40.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Xion likes this.