• 3487 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11925 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Castle Siege

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Wolfax, Jul 30, 2019.

1. I think you should bring back castle siege, it was one of my favorites and many others as well. Most of the time in a player server when the winner picks castle siege, everyone is saying how great it was and it would just be awesome if y'all would consider bringing it back.

Posted Jul 30, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. It was a great game mode, although I highly doubt it would bring in many players on a consistent basis. Don't get me wrong - it's an amazing game to play - although it requires a fair amount of players in just a single lobby in order to start, that number being greater than the entirety of total player counts for some mini games.

Alongside that, it's also really demanding for the servers. The majority of the time Castle Siege was really difficult to run, because it was extremely lag inducing. That means Mineplex would have to compensate by affording higher capacity servers, forcing them to contribute more resources into the game mode. In other words, you are putting in extensive resources for a game mode that may produce very little activity, and simply not compensating for all the effort.

I'm going to go with a -1 for the return of Castle Siege.

Posted Jul 31, 2019
  3. Hey!

The idea of bringing Castle Siege back has been constantly brought up on the forums. Personally, although I would love to see a return to one of my favorite games on the server, there are a lot of needed changes before it is to be added again. First of all, the lobby size. Before the game was removed, typically the lobby would only be half full, causing the games to not have the same chaos that caused it to be so fun when there were 100 people in a game. That being said, I believe that lobby sizes should only consist of 30 people or so, and the map sizes be cut by roughly 60%. Furthermore, this will allow for smoother games and not lopsided messes when it came to team sizes halfway through the game before it was removed. Overall, I think bringing back Castle Siege has a ton of potential under the correct changes and tweaks. I am going to have to give this post a +0 however, as I wish you elaborated more on the idea of bringing it back. Good idea though! :)

Posted Jul 31, 2019
  4. I wasn't a huge Castle Siege fan, but I understand your frustration of having your favorite game removed from the live lobbies. However, I don't think our community supports the size required for Castle Siege anymore. The issue is that it requires so many players to join in order to even start a game and we just don't have those players like we used to. Games rarely ever started in the months leading up to its removal and it was pretty obvious that players weren't interested in the game. It works better in an MPS because you can choose to start the game, even if you don't have mass amounts of players.

I think in order to bring it back that there would need to be some changes made to the game that reduces the number of players needed. I'm not sure how players would feel about that since it could feel like a different game entirely, but I just don't see the game being successful in its current state.

Posted Aug 2, 2019
    CowHatake likes this.
  5. I never really played Castle Siege but I do not think there is a possibility that the game will be added back anytime soon, as you can see on the feature upvote thread found here the number one idea to bring back Castle Siege was marked as not planned. Like said above I think it’s much more fit to be an MPS game just due to the lack of players who would play on a constant basis. I do not think Castle Siege would bring many new players back to Mineplex, I believe all Castle Siege would do is split up the player base and games that are able to start now may not be able to anymore.

Overall, I’m going to have to give this idea a -1 due to some of the reasons I listed as well as the reasons I listed above. Hope my post has helped out some!

Posted Aug 2, 2019
  6. When Castle siege was a game on Mineplex, I didn't play it a lot and when I think about it I regret not playing it more often. That being said, I would love to have castle siege brought back to Mineplex. It's sad that Mineplex's first game is no longer apart of the server. However, the game wasn't taken out for no reason, it was because it didn't have a large player count so it didn't start often. Although I wish they brought it back, I'm hesitant to believe that anything will change. Hopefully in the future when Mineplex is bringing in more players, castle siege will see a return to the server.

Posted Aug 2, 2019
  7. Our network's Administration, Leadership, and front-end Ideas Team has frequently denied the reimplementation of Castle Siege for various reasons, such as but not limited to:
    1) Crowded Game Rosters
    2) Lack of Developer Time
    3) Lack of Players, Community Interest when Live

Unfortunately, we won't be adding this game mode back.

Posted Aug 2, 2019
  8. Used to love it, it should stay for a bit more during special events - they’ll figure something out.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  9. I was a huge fan of castle siege aswell, but like stated above it requires a consistent amount of players. At the end of the day, there just isn’t enough demand to fill up castle siege servers. I remember castle siege servers would only fill up durning peaks (when the player base was larger, and even then it wouldn’t last. It’s for that reason I’m going to be against bringing back castle siege. (Even tho I would love to see it back, we have to look at the reality of the situation and it would be a waste of server space)

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  10. Castle Siege was the first game I played and pretty much the only game I played when I was new to Mineplex. I would love to see it make a return, but it wouldn't be as fun if the servers weren't full and as hectic. Due to this, I am going to have to disagree. Though you never know what can happen in the future.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  11. I really wished Castle Siege would make a come back to the server. This idea was previously denied before, so I don’t think it’s possible to bring Castle Siege back. I understand some players who missed playing Castle Siege back in the old times. I’d remember one alternative idea of adding Castle Siege to Nano games, but it wasn’t a great idea too. Before lots of players played Castle Siege four years ago. Now, we don’t have enough players to play Castle Siege this year. That’s why they have a reason to removed Castle Siege from the server.

Overall, I’d love to agree with bringing back the Castle Siege. Unfortunately, there’s no point to bring back the old game mode. -1

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  12. Castle siege was a fun game. It returning as it is wouldn't work. Someone suggested a mini version of it. Maybe add a rotation of classic games in place the old gem fountain?

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  13. As much as I would love to bring back all of our classic games, it would really only work if we had the numbers to keep these games going continuously without affecting other games. There are a few issues with bringing games like Castle Siege back to the server. The more games we have, the more difficult it is to keep up with them and they also split the playerbase, which means fewer updates and fewer players in the games themselves. As of right now, we don't have any plans on bringing back Castle Siege but if that changes you will definitely hear about it. Castle Siege is lucky enough to be in MPS though. Let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  14. When I saw @EmmaLie as a recent post on bringing back CS I was like... Nope bois we failed again

And even though I totally agree w/ Emmalie it's still disappointing.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.