• 497 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8935 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Castle siege with less players needed

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Zerathix, Aug 13, 2019.

?

Is it good idea? if no, why?

Poll closed Aug 20, 2019.
  1. Yes it is!

90.9%
  2. No it isn't.

9.1%
  1. Hey. What about making castle siege again, but this time with 50 players max, and like 30 needed to start?
    Many people might get flustrated because of the stats, they just cant finish those achievements. Same with bawk bawk games, but back to castle siege. If there will only be 30 players needed, it wouldn't be a problem to fill it up, and it shouldn't even lag.
    I really want to have my achievements all done, im only missing castle siege, uhc and bawk bawk games.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Mohawk2, Yato and Xukuri like this.
  2. In theory, I think this could be a good idea. Castle Siege is also one of the few games I haven't got all achievements for. I have a few concerns though. Firstly, would games fill up, even with the decreased number of players needed? Castle Siege was never the most popular game mode, and a lot of the day I doubt there'd be enough people wanting to play to fill up a server. This raises the question of would it be worth it for Mineplex to invest so much time into the game if it's barely ever going to fill up. Secondly, with only half as many players, I worry that the game could become quite unbalanced. The maps are quite large, and with only half as many defenders, it may be difficult to properly defend each access point. Even though there are equally less undead, it would be easier for them to sneak through into the castle as it's less defended, potentially making the game unbalanced and boring.

These issues could be dealt with though, in which case I would completely agree to these changes if the game mode were to be brought back.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  3. If this was add, new smaller maps probably would be made

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  4. Ah yes. I was going to suggest that but I evidently forgot to. My bad.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  5. Castle Siege was fairly popular among MP veterans. So I think it probably will be able to keep a game or two going

Champions is still a game, it barely has even one game going

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Mohawk2 likes this.
  6. Castle Siege, being the first-ever game released on Mineplex (supposedly), I feel like it should definitely come back. Having a player limit may help games to start-up faster, so I just hope for the best with this one.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  7. I love the idea of Castle Siege coming back. I don't know if it could happen, but as it was one of my favorite Mineplex games I would love to see it. Plus your idea on smaller maps and less players would help keep a few servers running.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  8. It would fill up, 1. there is many players who don't even know the game, so they will be interetested to see it. 2. few people left because this game dissapeared, they could come back. 3. the achievements must be done :D 4. even bridges has like 8-10 lobbies, so why would this game not have atleast 2-3?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  9. These are fair points. My issue with it though was that I worry that by adding many games back, the playerbase will be too thinly stretched. Even now, only 5 arcade games ever get any games going and so by adding back a big game such as Castle Siege, even with the halved player max, could make even fewer arcade games have consistent games. If Mineplex were to add a game back/add a new game, they would want it to bring in a substantial number of players so that it doesn't cripple the player count of their other games. Following on from this, your second point was that many Castle Siege players didn't leave when it was removed. So by adding Castle Siege back, they would all move away from the games they currently play and return to Castle Siege, creating a deficit of players in the other game modes.

At this point, whether you think this is a good idea or not is entirely dependant on your opinion on Castle Siege. If you enjoy it, then you wouldn't mind this but if you didn't, you'd be upset that your favourite games may not fill up as much anymore. Now, I don't know which option is better but I can definitely see both sides of the argument. This was the area of discussion I was trying to create.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  10. Most of the arcade games don't have any players, but its bcs people dont even know its in arcade games (npc). All the games that have individual npc in lobby have atleast 1 lobby. Mineplex should put every arcade game's NPC to the lobby. IDC if there is no room, they should do it somehow. death tag never was much popular, and has atleast some players, not like very popular BL. Back to Castle Siege, many people is at the lobbies, i would say about 20 percent, they could play instead of being there.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019
  11. I think castle siege should be added in, but make it more official, like certain people can do some kind of announcement saying they're doing a castle siege game, this would solve us all missing castle siege, and the thinly stretched playerbase problem just a suggestion.

+1

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  12. While I agree that not having a separate NPC would lower the number of people in arcade games, what you said about getting people from the lobbies to play Castle Siege does not work in reality. Yes, there are many people that are in lobbies, but they are all either waiting for games, AFK or talking to people. If they're doing one of those three things, they're not going to be able to be playing Castle Siege. That is assuming, of course, that all of these people would even want to play Castle Siege. In reality, the number of people who would want to play Castle Siege that are sat in lobbies would on average be quite small, and if they were the people who wanted to play Castle Siege, that wouldn't help solve the issue of spreading the playerbase too thinly, would it?

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  13. Before Castle Siege got removed, it had an update which lowered the players needed from 80 to 60. The update was created by a group of avid Castle Siege players. I think that lowering the players needed to start the game won't make it as fun to play as well as make it unbalanced. Castle Siege is one of the harder games to balance as it not only depends on the kits but also the map. While yes smaller maps can be made, for the longest time there was only 2 maps for the game. While I would love to see Castle Siege make a return, I don't think lowering the player count should be the way to go about it.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.