• 724 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4331 Players Online
  • 3607 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Castle Bridge

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Aquaris, Nov 30, 2020.

?

This game is not good, get added or nah?

1. This idea sounds interesting so let me say yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. This idea is the worst, nope not letting this happen

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Hello everyone, I'm Aquaris and I'm posting this thread just so suggest a new mini-game for Mineplex!

You might already have guessed it from the title, the game itself is going to be called "Castle Bridge"

You're thinking something right now are you? You might probably be thinking, is this Castle Siege mixed with Bridges?

My answer to that question is going to be "Probably yes and no"

So Aquaris, what is this CASTLE BRIDGE mini-game going to be? Or are you just some kind of an insane person who would post a random game out of nowhere.

Call me a crazy person if you want but like I said, this is just a suggestion, there's absolutely no reason for everyone to accept a game like this, it's just an idea of releasing a mini-game in Java or in Bedrock platforms of Mineplex.

So Aquaris, what's this game about?

Castle Bridge is going to be a mini-game that's going to have two teams, it's going to be team RED and team BLUE. Each team has their own built in castle and has an underground cave. The cave is used for mining ores to build gear such as weapons and armors. Each team will have a 5 minute limit to gather as much resources as possible. There's also a bridge kind of river in between of these castles, so the map itself would be kind of like a medium sized map. The bridge itself is used to cross each other's castle. In the bridge, there would be a barrier in the middle so players can't get into another team's castle until the time limit is reached. There's going to be two strategies in this game, the player can protect it's own king or attack the enemy's king. Whoever the team's King dies first losses. The time limit for this would be 5-10 minutes. If each team's Kings is still alive until the end of time, it's going to be a tie score. The King's health however will be kind of huge and let's say 80 hits on the king would be enough to kill the King. As for the players, there would be at least 10 players on each team, which results everything to be 20 players in total. I would say this is enough for everyone not to lag.

Aquaris, dude this game you're talking about, kind of sucks, anyway how this game might improve the server?

I only brought this idea because I was thinking both of Castle Defense and Castle Bridge, I mean, instead of monsters why not make it players?

There's absolutely no reason for the Idea's team to accept this game suggestion, I'm also thinking that most of the community members would absolutely reject it. But if I were to think myself, this game can attract new players in the server and overall, I think the game itself is going to be fun.

Alright Aquaris, not enough information that the game itself would benefit the server, so what kits are we going to have?

As for kits, I would only suggest three kits in the game. The first kit I'm going to propose is called Life Stealer, you might think this is going to be some kind of overpowered kit but trust me it's not, it's just a kit whenever you kill a player it regenerates your heart bar by 4 hearts. The second kit I'm going to propose is TNT Bomber, basically this kit allows the player to receive a TNT every 10 seconds after the first time limit reaches, they can use this TNT to throw it to other players to give burst damage or just throw them off. The third kit I'm going to propose is Freeze, the kit itself is designed for players to freeze enemies for about 5 seconds and will have a cooldown of 20 seconds.

Aquaris, these kits are out of the topic, anything else to improve on?

The kits I just proposed is something that just suits the game, I'm not saying that it's the best but any other players can just suggest any kit they want and see if it fits the deal.

PROS:

Could bring attention to other players
    Could also be very Fun
    Two Strategies
    Selection of Kits
    A Well Designed Map
    Lots of players In-Game

CONS:

Hackers and Cheaters
    Not very fair since it's Cross Platform (For Bedrock)
    Lots of Clashing Going on
    Players has a chance to argue with each other

Hello everyone, like I said, it's just a suggestion. There's absolutely no reason for everyone to agree with me on this since it's just a simple idea that I just came up with. I just posted it here because I'm bored, I don't really know. What are your thoughts guys? Anything else you can think of that can improve this game? If so feel free to reply anything. Also I'm sleepy so I need some rest.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  2. This seems like a mass combo of cake wars, castle siege, and bridges lol. With elements of each game put into a new game of sorts, as these games don't usually work. Well usually don't work since games can't really be combined with each other all that well tbh.

This wouldn't appeal to castle siege players since they want the actual game back. While bridges players want more of a pvp game since they like move pvp in the game... not killing a king. It sounds interesting, but I don't think Mineplex should work or add back old games sorta speak. I think they need new games and kinda fast before the player count dips hard lol.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  3. This is a combo of turf wars, micro battles, castle siege, and bridges 0_0 lol crazy idea ngl but I think it could work :shrug:

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  4. Hey!

Personally, I don't think adding a game like this would be a good idea, considering it sounds like it requires lots of players to start and doesn't really add a unique gameplay feature to the network.

From what I can tell, the main appeal of the game is large, team-based pvp with both defense and offense strategies. It sounds like a combination of Bridges, Cake Wars, and Castle Siege. As Bridges and Cake Wars already have their own communities, some of those players might move to Castle Bridge if it were added, but that seems unlikely as most of them seem to enjoy their current game. As a Castle Siege player, I don't think the CS community would be drawn to it either because CS's appeal is in the two different gameplay styles on either team. Castle Bridge would have the same objective regardless of team, and although there are two aspects, those are already present in Cake Wars.

Regardless, I do think the idea has potential, but as of now some more details need to be fleshed out:
    • Would players be allowed to respawn after they die?
    • If players can respawn, do they keep their items?
    • Is there any way to heal the king?
    • Are there any movement-based abilities or other gameplay elements that would incorporate things like parkour into the game? (Think ghoul leap from CS, or the parkour routes available in DT)
    • Would the game be enjoyable with about 20-30 players? This is the max player range that many supporters of Revive CS are asking for because getting upwards of 30 players for more than a few peak hours a day is hard on Mineplex, especially if a game doesn't have an established player base.
    As of now, it's going to be a -1 from me, since I don't think this idea is detailed enough to become its own game, and the network needs to focus on things that have a high chance of success or at the very least don't require much developer time.

I'd love to hear more about it though, if there are any adjustments that would make it more viable!

Posted Nov 30, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 30, 2020
  5. Uhh, isn't this similar to castle defense? Anyway, I like the already added idea!

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  6. Of course players would be able to respawn I mean if everyone dies, then who would be killing the enemy's king? I mean if the other team's players was wiped off, I mean that's not really fair since they can just go in kill of the king without anyone stopping them.

Players would be able to keep their items when they die since if they just die then going to the cave again and mine resources would take a lot of time. Maybe adding a chest feature where players can store in their items so when they respawn they'll just have to go to the chest and equip it would be kind of a good idea.

I don't think adding a parkour or anything extraordinary abilities in the game will work since it will just ruin the gameplay. This also goes for other mini-games in Mineplex, there are just way too many abilities. I doubt any new players would like it. It's just a simple system rule that the goal is to kill the enemy's king and defend your king and gather as much resources as possible.

I think the game itself would be extremely enjoyable if there were more plays since it will look like more of a battle royale castle game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 30, 2020
  7. Also I just thought about mining resources, instead of ores dropping their actual specific item, instead of minerals, it'll be weapons and armor, maybe some golden apples and enchanted books as well.

OP OP
  8. I know this is for Bedrock but this is hugely reminiscent of two former Java minigames from 2016 and 2017, MCL and Castle Assault. MCL, I believe, had two towers on two separate pieces of land that were separated by lava, and one was able to mine for resources there as well. The other one was just pure vanilla PvP with two kings and many items/enchantments that raised the bar for the game. Now, I think the first game was discontinued due to lack of popularity and the other was filled with parties that dominated every game and discouraged any new, casual or even semi-competitive players from playing it. Bedrock is quite a different platform, with a larger playerbase and a less competitive envionment, so both of these concepts would work out better there, with Windows 10 users having the upper hand as usual with any game on Bedrock. However, it would be much more balanced and probably a lot of fun for those who want quick PvP action, which is something I support as a method of attracting new players. With that said, while I'm not sure which version of this idea would work best, I'm generally in support of this concept.

Quick edit - I haven't played Castle Defense so I'm not sure how similar it is to this idea. However, if it's PvE rather than PvP, I think something like this would be better. I also think I've heard Castle Defense is seasonal, but again, I haven't logged into Bedrock recently so if I say something that isn't true, feel free to ignore it.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  9. I agree having players respawn is a good idea, since people would likely quit if they died for good after their first death (like in Bridges once the Bridges spawn), and having them keep items would prevent people with full sets of armor from spawnkilling while a teammate killed the king. Personally though, I think some sort of double jump ability or parkour route should be implemented, so the game isn't just one huge melee. Having areas for player to use parkour to get over obstacles, even if it's easy parkour, can allow players to sneak around the map, which would require more thought by each team to defend their king. I do agree, though, that more players would make the game more enjoyable.

EDIT: Saw that this is for Bedrock, so I do think the current Bedrock player count would be able to support a large game like this!

Posted Nov 30, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 30, 2020
  10. Pretty much I suggested this game mode only specfically for Bedrock, I'm not really a Java player, but i doubt that this idea would attract any players in the Java platform of Mineplex. I mean it could work for Java players since they all want Castle Siege back and it could bring attention to everyone since Castle Siege was known as the legendary game in Mineplex. Everyone would love it if it comes back.

OP OP
    Fusafez likes this.
  11. As for 10 sets of players in each team in Mineplex Java. I would say it's a good idea, if it were to be added in Bedrock, I'll say it'll be insanely fun with over 30 players with 15 in each team. I also agree on your decision about players can also do parkour around the map so they can sneak through the king. So players will have to remind themselves that protecting the king is also their top priority. As for the double Jump ability, I'm not really sure if it works since there are other mini-games that has this double jump ability and it just doesn't feel right. We kind of want Castle Bridge to be more like a specific mini-game that has its own way of gameplay. I think adding this double jump ability would just cause this mini-game to fall down.

I mean instead of a double Jump, potions can work as well, such as jump boosting potion would be valuable and other potions as well such as invisibility, healing, leaping, etc. But it's kind of like nerfing the game itself so it'd be crazy based on my personal thoughts.

OP OP
    Fusafez likes this.
  12. Gonna agree with you there. Having parkour and/or multiple paths to defend would probably be enough, and abilities would make it too hectic given the large player count and resource-gathering that already takes place at the start.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  13. Talking about defending the King, it's also possible that we can allow players to break cobblestones and other any blocks that can be used to build as defense for the king so players won't be able to get in and they'll just have to use their pickaxe to get in through.

OP OP
    Fusafez likes this.