• 2004 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2004 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Carl's Spinner Remastered

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by maevestarbaby, Nov 21, 2020.

?

Do you like this new list?

1. Yes

2. No, let will tell you why

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. It's no secret that regular Mineplex players probably have no interest in keeping up with voting for Carl's Spinner tickets. This is because of the terrible, outdated rewards that do not attract players unless they are very new to the server.

For context, you can currently get small amounts of shards or a very small amount of gadgets. Today, I got 6 Ethereal Pearls, to add to my collection of over 8000. I do have a rank which means that it was easier for me to gather this huge amount of gadgets from the chests I get even though I'm level 55, however, I'm sure any player above level 15, rank or not, has no interest in obtaining a tiny gadget from a server vote.

I understand that it may not be possible to make Carl's Spinner a complete roll between all of the cosmetics available in the server, however, there are ways to make this better

What Carl Spinner Rewards should consist of:

Seasonal event exclusive cosmetics (depending on what event is currently on) as well as exclusive chests during said event.
    • No duplicates;
    • Small chance (5% - 1 in 20 rolls)
    • Chance for exclusive chest (1% - 1 in 100 rolls)

Game Amplifiers.
    • Small chance (2.5% - 1 in 40 rolls)

Gadgets.
    • Bigger bundles than last time, not too big and not too small;
    • Common: 20-30 of x gadget (20% - 1 in 5 rolls)
    • Rare: 60-80 of x gadget (10% - 1 in 10 rolls)
    • Chances to obtain Common reduced by 5-6% (to 15-14%) whenever a Seasonal Event is happening and whether it has a chest or not.

Cosmetics.
    • Every roll, a random 5 cosmetics (not gadgets) are included in the roll;
    • Allow for duplicates;
    • No rank-exclusive cosmetics;
    • No seasonal exclusive cosmetics;
    • Uncommon (20% - 1 in 5 rolls)
    • Rare (8% - 1 in 12.5 rolls)
    • Epic (5% - 1 in 20 rolls)
    • Legendary (3% - 1 in ~33.33 rolls)

Shards.
    • Any remaining chance is filled with shards;
    • This means there is slightly more chance to get shards than gadgets, something the majority of the playerbase would prefer, given that the majority of the playerbase has more gadgets than shards;
    • Common: 100-200 shards (20% - 1 in 5 rolls)
    • Rare: 500-700 shards (8.5% - 1 in ~11.76 rolls)
    • Legendary: 1000-2000 shards (4% - 1 in 25 rolls)

This all adds up to 100%, all the contents of Carl's NEW Remastered Spinner.
    Would you maybe vote now?

Additionally, a 250 shard bonus for voting, as suggested by @Fall.

Let me know your thoughts!

v1.1.
    • Seasonal Exclusives: 'Allow duplicates' -> 'No duplicates'
    • Cosmetics: Added 'No seasonal exclusive cosmetics'
    • Cosmetics: Changed 'Rare (10% - 1 in 10 rolls)' to 'Rare (8% - 1 in 12.5 rolls)'
    • Cosmetics: Changed 'Legendary (5% - 1 in 20 rolls)' to 'Legendary (3% - 1 in ~33.33 rolls)'
    • Cosmetics: Added 'Epic (5% - 1 in 20 rolls)'
    • Misc: Fixed formatting
    v1.2
    • Seasonal Exclusives: Added 'during said event' for clarity
    • Removed rank upgrade/Immortal subscription to appear in spinner
    • Shards: Changed '8.45% - 1 in ~11.83 rolls' in Rare to '8.5% - 1 in ~11.76 rolls'
    • Misc: Fixed typo in Shards>Common chance, now says '20% - 1 in 5 rolls'
    v1.3
    • Added 250 shard bonus for voting.

Posted Nov 21, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 22, 2020
    Danese, Fusafez, Da_One and 1 other person like this.
  2. This significantly devalues ranks that players bought with actual money and I doubt this will be implemented for Immortal subscriptions. I could see this going for other types of rank upgrades though because it is already a feature in Mythical chests.

I will have to disagree because it lowers the value of it in the Mineplex store and also lowers the value of Immortal.

This is okay I guess

If you want to make it more appealing, I don't think allowing duplicates is the way to go. Furthermore, I don't think it should allow players to collect exclusive chests because some of them are only purchasable by real life currency and lowers the value of them in the Mineplex store.

This is okay

This is okay I guess but I would like to point out seasonal exclusive cosmetics shouldn't be included.

Some cosmetics are also available although the chances are low. For example, I saw someone get the emoji taunt from it once.

In conclusion, I agree that the rewards need to be buffed, but not as significantly as you suggested. Anyways, good luck with your thread :)

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    Danese and Fusafez like this.
  3. 1. As you said yourself it's already in Mythical chests. I don't think it would devalue it. however I could make the percentage smaller to fit Mythical chests, do you have an idea? Currently 1 in 2000 rolls would be about 1 rank/upgrade per day if everybody voted given how many players play the server so I could make it a bit smaller. Also, game amplifiers deserve the extra recognition. 1 in 40 rolls isn't bad but I can change if you give me a better number

2. I suppose I'll disallow duplicates for seasonal but duplicates for other cosmetics make sense, would make it like basic chests. Once again, a small chance won't devalue it. With every spin comes a vote for the server. Rewarding for promoting makes sense.

3. Yep, that's a given

4. Yeah and the chances are way too low for that, hence I made all of these improvements.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll alter the thread :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 21, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. The chances are extremely low, but you can already get most of the things (rank upgrade, cosmetics, etc) you've suggested be possible. The common grade rewards are indeed a bit underwhelming, but I'm not really in favor of doing much to change them aside from maybe giving a small daily amount of shards for voting in addition to whatever you get from the spinner.

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    Danese and maevestarbaby like this.
  5. Hopefully it'll be taken into consideration - an update for Carl is way overdue, and it's a small thing that can go a long way since it exists to promote the server.

A basic shard bonus when voting sounds nice, what do you think is a good amount?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 22, 2020
  6. I feel like @Fall sums it up well, while there are lots of very poor value items (like fireworks, melon launcher that no one really needs anymore) it's important we don't add too much or we will risk devaluing items in the store, which has the potential to reduce sales by a good bit. I feel like a carl update is needed, but perhaps something like some new cosmetics being added that can only be found in the carl spinner with a 1% chance. Considering the low amount of votes I've seen (although this isn't the only way you get tickets) I feel like this shouldn't be too high of a priority compared to other things like new perks for actual ranks.

Definitely a +1 for the idea to improve the spinner and make it more unique, but I would not expect to see this for a while since it's so low priority.​

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  7. Being able to get cosmetics in carl's spinner does not devalue them so much that nobody will ever spend a single cent on the store, though. The chances are very small. I included "1 in x rolls" so you can get an idea of after how many days (if you were to JUST vote) are you almost certain to get at least one. I will change the rank chance for sure though and make it smaller, I just need a good number. And remember duplicates are allowed for normal cosmetics. This revamped idea of Carl's Spinner will work like an Ancient Chest but you only get one reward instead of four - so per 4 days you open the equivalent of one if you keep streaks.

I suppose when I say it that way it might be better to remove the chance for a rank upgrade completely and only keep the rest. I'll fix that right now. It will for sure devalue it less then

OP OP
  8. I think ~250 would be reasonable. Between that and visiting the Youtube channel you could pull in 750 shards a day simply for doing those two things, which is a pretty good haul.

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  9. Hm, I feel like that might be too much for simply clicking a couple things - that's more shards than how much you could get in a game, really. I was thinking closer to maybe 50 for voting and 50 for Youtube. They're small things to do so I don't think they need a big reward. With 750 a day you could get a Mythical chest a bit over 10 days - I think that would devalue too much.

Do you think 50ish is okay?

OP OP
  10. 250 is how much visiting the Youtube channel nets you and this is more work than that. Add on the daily bonus and yeah, you're bringing in a fair amount of shards. I think 50 is underwhelming and I personally wouldn't bother if that was all I was going to get. Yes you could get a Mythical with ~750 a day in about 2 weeks, but that also means you're logging in every day and doing all those things, which is good for the server. I don't think it would depress sales much.

Posted Nov 22, 2020
    maevestarbaby likes this.