• 180 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3494 Players Online
  • 3314 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Carl The Creeper Updates

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by PolikGamer, Jul 22, 2021.

1. HI

I think Carl The Creeper needs UPDATES to talk.

Updates:

1. Mineplex YT Channel link. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1MtBclG_aHPd0nLmUupCKg)
    2. All Rank Images and how to get this.
    3. How many players are in the lobby or how many players are in the whole server together.
    4. Put Carl The Creeper in a different place because you can't see him behind his back and newcomers won't see him

This is all my updates

Have a fun of MinePlex!

Posted Jul 22, 2021
    Fusafez and Amg like this.
  2. Hi there @PolikGamer! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and of course, for suggesting these changes to Carl the Creeper. I do like your creativity with these ideas, but there are things I agree on and other things I disagree with implementing. Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I gather and understand, you would like to see Carl “talking” or in other words, a text notification in chat with the items you’ve listed? (Mineplex YT Channel Link, Rank images and how to get them, how many players are in the lobby/server player count, and Carl relocated.) I’ll break down my opinion on each item that you’ve listed!

I personally do not think that adding a link to the Mineplex Official YouTube is necessary at this time. The Social Media Team rarely uses this platform anymore, and linking something that isn’t used as much would be unnecessary in my own personal opinion. -1

Very rarely do I see Bedrock Players inquiring about where to purchase a rank, or what ranks are available. From what I’ve observed, the Bedrock playerbase seems generally on the younger side, and purchasing ranks is not something that is stressed over. Albeit, I would also like to add that all players are required to pause their game at some point whether they be adjusting a setting, or logging out of the server. There is a ‘Mineplex Store’ button that is visible. The store lost all of the ranks, what perks come with each individual rank and the price. For that reason, I disagree with adding this feature. In theory it’s nice, but since ranks are already neatly organized in the shop with listed perks, I’m not sure why they’d add it in Carl. Carl has always been more of a rewards NPC, and not an informative one. -1

Unfortunately this is another feature I’d disagree with adding. Before you join Mineplex, you’re given a server player count. Assuming you’re speaking about lobbies as in game lobbies and lobby lobbies, you can press tab and it will list all of the players on the right side. More specially for games, when you spawn in the pre-game lobby, if you look above the spawn point, it gives you a player count and/or maximum lobby number. Because these features already exist, like above, I don’t think they’d look at adding this to Carl. -1

This is something I absolutely agree with. I dislike that Carl is behind the spawn point, and I strongly feel that it should be visible when a player spawns in. I could certainly see newer players missing Carl because of his location. I think that we move him off to the side where he’s still visible to newer and experienced players. +1

In conclusion, I find these ideas to be very interesting! Just because I don’t necessarily agree with all of them, doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate them. Something I would personally like to see added to Bedrock is an in-game NPC tutorial. This would help newer players familiarize with Mineplex and the features on the server. Thank you again for sharing these suggestions and I’m interested in what others may have to say!

Posted Jul 22, 2021
  3. thanks @Amg ! Have a nice day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 22, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  4. Heyo, I agree CTC needs some work, and I'll leave my 2 cents on your ideas!

Nah. The Youtube channel is really dead, and I don't think it has a lot of Bedrock content, if any. If the channel is at any point revived, with Bedrock content, then yeah. But in it's current state, no.

Hmm, I'm 50-50. On one hand, many players don't know you can get ranks and what they do. But, on the other, all the information is already available in the store on Bedrock. I think a tip message could be added instead, encouraging players that don't have ranks to purchase one - something like "Purchase a shiny rank in the shop in the pause menu for exclusive benefits like crates every month, more gems and shards, and more!".

Seems kind of useless imo, do many people even care about the amount of people in lobby? Maybe there could be another way to show this information, if it's possible in the pause menu then there. In general, though, I don't think this is useful.

This I agree with, and will put it on the ideas board. It can remind players to collect their reward or, just in general, be aware of his presence. Many players just join and head straight to the games, so it wouldn't do any harm to have Carl on the opposite side of the crates or somewhere else in front of the player.

Posted Jul 22, 2021
  5. I have something else to add to Carl the creeper which should've been added in June of 2020 with the new lobby update. This is to add stats to Carl the creeper like intended. Anyone and everyone wants it. :) As for your thread I think there could kinda be something to help advertise ranks cuz the past few days I've been getting asked by players on how to get a rank when I'm speaking in chat with friends and playing bomb lobbers. Could move Carl the creeper I guess, but where? I have no idea as to where else you could put Carl. Everything else I just disagree with lol

Posted Jul 23, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  6. I don’t think this should be added because it hasn’t been used in a while.
    This doesn’t really effect me plus when you pause it shows the Mineplex store so you can access it there.
    This would be cool but I don’t really think it is necessary to have.
    This I agree with and I think in the old hub it was in front of where you spawn also.

One thing I think would be cool to add would be a way to see stats with Carl the creeper (stats are planned for bedrock).

Posted Jul 23, 2021
  7. Forgive my last post, didn't realise I never wrote anything. But I see you're idea, however you need to take into account people may not speak the same language. So they may not understand what Carl says.

Posted Jul 27, 2021
  8. Oooh yeah! Stats for sure would be exciting to finally have on Bedrock, ive been making my friends click on my character within the lobby and send me a screenshot of what my little menu looks like. And like users have mentioned, I do not think it is necessary to advertise the Mineplex channel. Secondly, like stated, it is pretty difficult for new comers to see carl the creeper, and I for a couple of months did not even know about this function. As we know, there is still plenty of hotbar space that can be filled with warp points or gadgets to take us to menus. One of the items that can be added could be a creeper egg ( for example ), and upon clicking on it it would take you to some rewards menu, where rewards can be implemented, like leveling rewards and so on. Otherwise, Carl the creeper does not serve too much, rather hes just for monthly and daily rewards, and upgrade sooner or later will for sure happen I am guessing. For now, he is fine and is not lacking too much, but for sure as time passes on he should be upgraded bit by bit.

Posted Jul 27, 2021
  9. The Translations Team translates many of Mineplex's platforms (like the website) and we are currently translating the Bedrock edition of Mineplex. Therefore, don't worry about players not understanding new updates as we will try our best to translate it.

Posted Jul 28, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.