• 929 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3026 Players Online
  • 2097 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Carl The Creeper: Trivia

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Cupi Wupi, May 26, 2019.

1. So maybe there can be a question asked by Carl the Creeper every week about Mineplex. This would kind of be cool, and if you answer a question correct, there's a prize, but it varies on how hard a question is! If this is already Implemented, I give all rights to lock this thread.

There will be a streak as suggested by @ATruePitato. The more questions correct In A row, the higher the reward. Also there’s a leaderboard for the most questions correct in a row! The max is 750-900 Gems as a reward. Carl the Creeper will ask you to check your questions so u are aware of the Trivia!

If a player answers it wrong, it should give 1/2 the reward for at least trying and so players dont get too discouraged.

Players get a timer for 15 seconds so they cant search the answer and it adds a bit of pressure.

Posted May 26, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 12, 2019
  2. Heyo!

This idea sounds awesome and I do hope Mineplex implement it.

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  3. Hellooo,
    personally I'm not sure on this. It could be cool but I honestly don't think that many people would be aware of it or want to use it. The reward definitely couldn't be very big, and it might be hard to find a middle ground on the difficulty of the questions. Although I don't think it would take too long to set up, I don't believe that it's worth the dev time to continuously keep up as I really don't see it being used by lots of people. Having a trivia event could be cool though, that way we could give prizes on a smaller scale and in my opinion that would be more fun. Interesting idea though :)

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  4. Great Idea! Carl the Creeper having a trivia would be great

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  5. Hey o/
    I don't think this is something that many people would use, Idea is actually really good in my opinion but it need a couple of changes.

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  6. This idea great idea since Carl the Creeper has really no use on the Bedrock (Except for those monthly crates). Also most missions are broken because, A. You complete the mission but you can't receive the rewards. B. Some missions don't even work. C. Rarely get new missions.

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  7. I am in favour of this idea. It can convince players to log on more and help them know the network better.

Adding onto your idea, I think it should be every week as monthly questions are too distant and it is too much work for the developers to change it daily. Regarding difficulties, there should be 3, easy medium, and hard. Easy questions are right there for the taking where you can just do a few clicks to find the answer, rewarding gems, treasure shards, and xp. Medium questions will require some memory of how things work on Mineplex, rewarding old and ancient chests. Hard questions will get the player to think thoroughly about it. The difficulties will be chosen at random every week, rewarding the more valuable chests than the first two.

It is implemented on QOTDs for staff members and CMP mentees but not in-game with Carl the Creeper.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  8. yes +1 as long as the reward is gems because ppl need gems

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  9. Heyo!

This is an interesting concept, and I do like where you are going with your idea! These questions should be weekly, and if you get a question right every single week then it starts to escalate in difficulty. The prizes should be gems / shards, if you get one question right you should get +100 gems, 2 questions right, +150 gems, and it goes on and on. If you reach a full on question streak the max gems you can get could possibly be 750-900 gems, however this will take a rather long time.

Adding another suggestion there should be a leader board for the question streaks and overall how many questions the player has gotten correct. These questions should be educational towards Mineplex players, and if you get it wrong Carl The Creeper should reveal the right answer. This would be nice!

Carl The Creeper should also say, "Go check out your weekly questions for prizes!" This will be helpful because more players will be aware of this. Overall, I like the idea I'm going to go with +0.5

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  10. I've seen an idea like this floating around before. I really don't mind it. It would be a new and cool addition to carl, and we don't get to see that as often. Maybe there can be a reward if you answer the trivia question right. But since it is weekly, those who don't get the answer right should get half the rewards of what you would've got if you were correct. Just so those that do get it wrong have to wait a week with no rewards given to them.

Nice idea, +1

Posted May 26, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  11. Hi,
    I think this would be a nice new addition to carl the creeper and would be fun to keep up with. Having an interesting question about the server each week would be a nice way to give a little extra rewards to players. I agree that it should still give at least half of the reward even if the answer is wrong so players are not too discouraged. Overall, I think this would be a cool new addition. Thanks for the cool idea, its a +1 from me :)

Posted May 29, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  12. This would require some dev resources to constantly keep it updated - somebody would have to go in every single day and change the question + the answers.
    It'd be cool to see, but not as an immediate thing. It'll also require somebody to go through and think of those questions, perhaps less frequent - every other week or once a month? That way it'd be easier for our developers to keep updated, and also less of a chance of repeated questions. There are only so many questions we could come up with (perhaps some examples would be beneficial too?)
    I'll remain neutral because it's an interesting idea but not something to be implemented right away.
    (Or maybe just something like this but for the forums only, though not sure how it'd tie with ingame. )

Posted May 31, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  13. Honestly, I think this would be a nice addition! This would not only help expand players knowledge of Mineplex, but I also feel that the rewards would be a good motivation for people to continue doing these! What I also really like about this idea is that this would work for both Bedrock and Java! Overall, I'd love to see this added, +1 from me!

Posted May 31, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  14. Hello!

This sounds like a great idea for Carl the Creeper! This would help players increase their Mineplex based knowledge, and reward them if they already have it! Having more knowledge on Mineplex overall is very good to the entire community! I hope to see this implemented! Happy to say, a +1 from me!

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    _Prof_ and Cupi Wupi like this.
  15. Wow, nobody has given a -1!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 11, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  16. Remove the rank bonus. It’s against the EULA.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  17. Sounds like a cool idea, but I would also suggest adding a timer so players can't just search answers.
    I would personally say fifteen seconds as this adds a pressure to the player but still keeps it relatively simple
    +1

Good luck!
    WackityQuack

Posted Jun 11, 2019
    Cupi Wupi and _Prof_ like this.
  18. I added a timer so players cant cheat. I was also thinking of a way not to cheat, and here you are suggesting a timer :).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2019
    WackityQuack likes this.
  19. Heya!

I really like this Idea, However I'm not too sure if people would use it. Overall good idea!

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  20. Hey there,

I really like this idea, and I think the idea of correct answer streaks giving more rewards would be cool. I just want to know how someone can come up with different questions weekly, and make them diverse so not only the tryhards will get them, and everyone can get a fair chance.

Posted Jun 18, 2019 at 11:18 AM
    _Prof_ likes this.