• 1942 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1942 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Carl the Creeper Revamp

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ARareBlackBear, Sep 15, 2020.

?

Add it?

1. Yes!

72.7%
  2. Maybe

9.1%
  3. No! (reasons pleaseeeee)

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. My old post got lost in the abyss, so I decided to add to it and hope it gets added. I think doing this will GREATLY improve mineplex.

Poll GUI
    I think when they do a poll on the discord they should add it to Carl. the dev(s) could make like an in-game GUI that allows certain staff to add text to the poll GUI and add questions and stuff. Kinda like adding a friend, you use an anvil and name a nametag.
    Here is my example GUI :D https://imgur.com/a/v1vdkex
    This would allow for polls to more easily be added. :D

Carl has had this poll feature from the first time it was added (from what I can remember) I remember it has been used in the past, but I've not seen it being used in a long time. This would allow the different teams to receive feedback on different updates, or on what they want in the next update. The Mineplex Twitter does polls fairly often, but a lot of people don't have Twitter. Or like me don't use it often. And, if Mineplex is towards younger players, do they expect them to all have Twitter accounts? I think using Carl is the best way to get data from players! Also, add carl to game lobbies, not just hubs!! Carl is not being utilized to the fullest.

Some people suggested mineplex make a website for their polls, so the #polls and carl polls, would just link to a website. But, while I think this is a cool idea it could become annoying for players. having to click on a link to go to a website would become a hassle. So, I think it shouldn't be done that way.

Voting
    The current Carl the Creeper messages say "Hey (player name)! I have some amazing rewardsss for you! Come sssee me!" That message pops time to time. i think another message should be added it'd be rotated with the first one, this new one would be voting! "Hey (player name) don't forget to vote!" that isn't the most creative, but it's just an idea. I also think the msg should be clickable, when you click on it, it will tp you to carl. This would make it easier to get to carl making it more convienet for players.

Voting rewards need to be buffed! The incentive to vote isn't very good. This means players won't vote as often, in turn, Mineplex doesn't get high rankings on mc server lists!!! The end product is, it's harder to find Mineplex on server list websites. So, I think if they make the spin tickets give better stuff, it'll make players vote more, and make mp have a bigger player count!! (more voting=more people seeing server on server list= player count boost= more money for mp= hire more devs=higher player count=more money and repeats ;) ) So, it's in Mineplex best interest to make voting give better rewards. Good Chests, more shards, gems, cosmetics, an XP booster (prob goes against EULA or smth)? Just something that makes me want to vote. I don't vote for mp because there is no point. I won't get anything good out of it

This is an easy thing to do (i think) it literally won't hurt mineplex at all if they do it. It will only help them!

Also, if mineplex actually posted on their youtube, they could post a notification "Go to Carl the Creeper NOW, to watch new youtube video!" You click on the text in chat and it will tp you to Carl and click on the youtube tab to watch video. We could even go crazy and make it so when they live stream they can post an announcement in chat to do the same to go watch it. There is ALOT of potential with Carl that isn't being used.

and poor Sam the Slime needs some love too D:

#MakeCarlGreatAgain

-Bear

Posted Sep 15, 2020
    73GG, GAM, SpyNinja__ and 3 others like this.
  2. Hi,

This all sound really cool and I'm coming from the bedrock side of things where Carl the creeper is only for daily rewards.

This could also be added to bedrock too as Carl the creeper needs a buff on the bedrock side of things.

What do you mean by voting for mineplex?(I don't know anything about the java version lol)

And the notification on chat about Carl sounds like a good addition but, I don't want it spammed at me, I would want it to stop if I already claimed my daily reward.

Posted Sep 15, 2020
  3. Hey!
    I think these are really great ideas. We haven't seen any proper updates to Carl The Creeper in a hot minute. It would be cool to see Carl getting more love from the dev team. Keep up the great work with your ideas, man. :)

Posted Sep 15, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and ARareBlackBear like this.
  4. on java you can vote for servers and you get rewards.-unapproved link- also agree that it should only be in chat if you haevn't gotten any rewards yet, so it's not annoying

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  5. Hi

I agree

What do you mean by rewards? Such as crates or gems?

Who's Sam the slime?

Posted Sep 15, 2020
  6. you get a carl spin ticket which you can use to then get rewards (shards,cosmetics etc.)

Sam the Slime is a slime that has challenges that give you stuff.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2020
  7. bumpppppp

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2020
  8. There is nothing to improve yet, because there is no reason. It's nice when an update is added, but so far everything is fine.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  9. [​IMG]
    i have an idea

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  10. I'd disagree, Carl is underutilized. If we did what I suggested, players would vote more, giving Mineplex more "free advertising" People on mc server list sites would see Mineplex more as they'd be higher ranked, and players would receive better stuff. I think doing this is something to improve.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2020
    JetStarglaze likes this.
  11. I disagree, Carl has so much more potential, especially on bedrock.

How many times have you gone to Carl?

This applies to a lot of people, they don't go to Carl because there is no reason to except to collect daily reward.(BEDROCK)

Posted Sep 19, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.